Sarasota

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fun for 18 month old

Destin Jul 1, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Hi! We are planning a trip to Destin in September with our daughter. She will be 18 months old in September. What "fun" stuff can we do with her besides the beach and pool? I'm thinking more along the lines of what to do with her at night. Is there an amusement park with rides that she could ride?

We are no strangers to Florida, however, this is our first trip with a child :) I'm so excited to take her to the beach!

more
    • Destin Recommendations

Destin Jul 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM

My son who will be 4, my husband and mother in law and myself will be visiting Destin in June of next year. Just wondering what others would suggest as a "must do." Also, what restaurants do you recommend? We're wanting a condo on the beach with at least 2 bedrooms so recommendations on the best for your buck here would be helpful too. Thanks in advance for your help!

more
    • sky lanterns

Panama City Beach Jul 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Can you fly sky lanterns at Panama City Beach?

more
    • Tourist looking for something to do on last day

Pensacola Jul 5, 2014 at 7:46 AM

We r badly sunburned.

more
    • best shops?

Marathon Jul 5, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Any recommendations for the best souvenir shops and Key Lime products shops near Hawks Cay Resort?

more
    • Fort De Soto Park/Beach

Fort De Soto Jul 3, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Is Fort De Soto crowded in the summer?

more
    • Splash Resort

Panama City Beach Jun 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Is this a nice place to stay ? Or book someplace else !

more
    • Daytona or Fort Walton

Florida Jun 29, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I am looking for a beautiful white sand, clear water beach to vacation at. Not to crowded. Simply put which is better. What's your opinion.

Thanks

more
    • First weekend in September

Panama City Beach Jun 29, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Hi all,
      I am a little concerned about the crowds during September. What is it usually like during September?

Thanks

more
    • WaterBug's Profile Photo

Bathing suit shops

Clearwater Beach Jun 27, 2014 at 12:31 PM

We were down there over a year ago on the main road just south of pier 60 and went into a parking area where they had an elevator taking you up and down to some beautiful beach wear. My wife bought an nice bikini and we would like to find out the name of the place to see if we could shop on line.

more
    • Public Swimming

Lake Apopka Yesterday

Are there any public swimming areas on Lake Apopka?

more
    • Does any restaurant serve Abalone?

Key West Yesterday

Does any of the restaurants' in Key West offer Abalone? I am from the West Coast/ California and now live in Georgia. I miss having it.

more
    • PONTOON RENTALS

Cape Canaveral Jul 20, 2014 at 8:04 AM

What is the best place to rent a pontoon boat for the day? I have looked at several places. Any idea where the boats are permitted to go? We love to go to the gulf, rent a boat and island/sandbar hop for shells. Is this possible on this side of the state? We are staying in Cape Canaveral.

more
    • Travel to St George island in August

Saint George Island Jul 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I plan to travel to St. George Island, Florida in August. Should I worry about the storms, hurricane or other weather related events? (First timer to Florida). Thanks.

more
    • Getting around in Miami, FL

Miami Jul 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM

We arrive tomorrow in Ft. Lauderdale. We already have transportation to our hotel in Miami; however, what is the cheapest way to get 3 passengers to the Seaquarium from the hotel near the airport?

more
    • Walt Disney World vs Universal World

Florida Jun 30, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Hi There,

We're going to Orlando in August, we will only be there for 3 days, very short time I know :( but we need to get the best out of our trip. We will be 2 young adults and 2 Middle aged Adults (Family vacation)

Which one between Walt Disney World and Universal world would be more suitable for our age? Is it possible to buy day passes just to do some site seeing in the parks (not riding any rides)

Do you get any special access when staying at the resort?

Thanks!!!

more
    • chocolate tour

Naples Jun 28, 2014 at 3:54 AM

I heard there is a chocolate tour in Naples. Can you tell me what it is?

more
    • what's to do

Fort Myers Beach 7 hours ago

What kind of fun can I have in FMB?

more
    • Things to do

Fort Lauderdale Yesterday

I was wondering what you would recommend seeing when we come to Ft. Lauderdale in two weeks?

more
    • Wilcox Rd Area

Largo Jul 15, 2014 at 5:50 AM

Hi!

My family and I are interested in buying a condo in the Tampa area, it'll simply be a winter retreat for a couple months a year so our needs are relatively few - close proximity to a beach, somewhat close to shopping etc etc. We found a place off Wilcox Rd, specifically west of Vonn Rd. I was wondering what we can expect from the neighborhood.

I've encountered both positive and negative reviews about the city but it seems to be centered mostly around the Largo downtown area. I heard Dunedin and Clearwater may be more viable, but I'm hoping that Largo can provide what we're looking for.

Thanks for your help, we do plan to check the various areas out prior to purchasing but I would certainly appreciate some insight from people living in the area.

Thanks!

more
    • Romatic Things to do

Fort Lauderdale Jul 12, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Anyone know where I can take my wife on a romantic dinner in ft Lauderdale and things to do in Ft. Lauderdale? I am new to Florida area can anyone help?

more
    • Places in Ybor

Ybor City Jul 10, 2014 at 8:42 AM

What are some places to go to in Ybor as a family? We live on the other side of the bridge in Seminole, Fl.
      My mother is coming this weekend. My husband and I were thinking of taking her and our daughters, 9 and 11 years old there for the day on Saturday. Any suggestions on places to go?

more
    • what to do

Marco Island Jul 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM

R there any spas or yoga studios on Marco

Bike rentals for personal riding would be great

more
    • DECEMBER vacation

Orlando Jul 2, 2014 at 10:09 PM

I AM FROM SOUTH AFRICA. DECEMBER IS OUR SUMMER. WHAT WEATHER DOES ORLANDO HAVE IN DECEMBER?

more
    • Coach and train from Cocoa Beach to NYC

Cocoa Beach Jun 25, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi , Does anyone know if there a coach and/or a train from Cocoa Beach / Port Canaveral or nearby to NYC ?

more
    • Sarasota with pooch

by klm2sun Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Can you recommend dog friendly accommodations and restaurants?

2 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    • IS Siesta Keys Fl Safe

by Akerlau Online Now Nov 5, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I am going to be taking a trip to Siesta Keys and I have very bad anxiety! I have read alot of good things about this area but one women said it was very sketchy and she did not feel safe on the main street and at night walking around? Is this indeed a unsafe area? Is there any where we should stay away from or is there alot of crime. I was very surprised when I read this. I really need some honest replies due to my anxiety. Thank you so much!!!

6 Answers Nov 27, 2012 at 8:51 AM
    • Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Best beach in Sarasota or South of Sarasota

by Paisleypaul Online Now Apr 28, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Can anyone recommend a beach in Sarasota or down the I-75 from Sarasota to Naples, Fl ?
      We'll be driving from Orlando to Naples and want to spend the day exposing 'milk boatil' white Scottish hides to some rays. If we do all the way to Naples the day will be mostly done, so want to break the journey 2 hours or so drive from Orlando.
      Locations for handy for getting back on the I-75 with adjacent (metered) parking most welcome... Thanks for any suggestions
      Paul

4 Answers Apr 29, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Ritz Carlton Sarasota etc etc

by mickey.p Online Now Sep 23, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Hi,

I am a UK Travel Agent and I have been given some great rates for the Ritz Carlton in December - too good to pass up!

I am in Florida for a month however and we are therefore on a bit of a budget (not as in back packing scrooge type budget) so we are keen not to over spend in Sarasota.

I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton West Palm Beach and found the food and drinks were very expensive. So I presume the Sarasota property will be the same!

Can anyone tell me if there's the normal "Florida" Restaurants close to the Ritz Carlton? Just so we have options of places to eat for less? or is it in an area with just up market eateries?

Usually I'd just grin and bare the hotel prices but as we are away for 4 weeks we really need to be a bit more watchful on the pennies!

6 Answers Mar 29, 2012 at 7:21 AM
    • First Visit to Sarasota

by Pegasus-56 Online Now Aug 4, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Can anyone from Sarasota help me with several questions.

I am making my first ever visit to the area in August.

I need a few tips and suggestions:

Looking to rent a room for a short term stay, and want to know about
      the local buses.

• lukas_mattias's Profile Photo

Hi! Will be there July 6-16th

by lukas_mattias Online Now Jun 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Hi there, my family and I are planning on spending some time in and around Sarasota/Siesta Key this July. We have two boys aged 7 and 9 and we love the beach! Can anyone recommend a nice, clean safe place to stay that is on or very near the beach, budget 100-200 per night...also, any ideas of what to do and what not too miss while there would be much appreciated! Cheers.

• bus from Sarasota to Orlando Airport?

by nannygibs Online Now Jun 17, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Hi
      Can we get to Orlando Airport from Sarasota by bus or train please?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2010 at 4:39 AM
    • Sarasota summer

by wautcwap Online Now Jun 17, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Hello,
      We are traveling to Sarasota this summer to do a pre retirement check. What kind of weather can we expect? Also, we are American/Europeans and would like to find a neighborhood which is open minded and liberal, is there one in Sarasota?
      Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Jun 17, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    • tartanboro's Profile Photo

July 4th options?

by tartanboro Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I'll be on holiday early July nearby Sarasota for a few days with my family and friends. Anyone got any suggestions for organised July 4th celebrations?

2 Answers Jun 25, 2010 at 1:58 PM
    • 1st time to sarasota

by Jinxie613 Online Now Aug 25, 2009 at 6:32 AM

i will be coming to sarasota for the 1st time in mid september. i will be staying at lime tree resorts. what is nearby - will i need a rental car to get around - what about grocery shopping and convient stores - are they nearby... help... thanks!

1 Answer May 10, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    • cwhit21's Profile Photo

Fishing

by cwhit21 Online Now Jul 6, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Does anyone know of any cheap fishing trips in the Sarasota area. Either sea or lake fishing. Any tips be great. Thanks

• Amish

by fillyfun Online Now Jul 4, 2009 at 3:32 AM

I am interested in the Pinecraft area. Any info would be appreciated

1 Answer Jul 4, 2009 at 6:04 AM
    • Bus service from Sarasota airport (SRQ to Osprey)

by indyguy Online Now May 15, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Help! I get to fly into Sarasota Airport but need to get to Osprey to pick up a car. Shuttles and cabs are way too expensive for me. Can anyone tell me if the Sarasota bus system has service from SRQ to towns like Osprey? Thanks much.
      Wayne

1 Answer May 15, 2009 at 6:07 PM
    • dundalkspur's Profile Photo

2 Questions relating to eateries and Cape canaaveral

by dundalkspur Online Now Jul 9, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Hi,
      We are planning to stay in the Rita Carlton for 2 weeks are there any eateries within walking distance ?
      Are there any tours I can take to Cape Canaveral from the hotel?
      Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Jul 9, 2008 at 12:02 PM
    • dundalkspur's Profile Photo

TAMPA Airport to Ritz -Carlton Transfer Options

by dundalkspur Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 5:54 AM

Hi , Can you please tell me what my options are to get to the hotel from TAMPA .
      Is it a TAXI job or shuttles etc ?
      I am trying not to drive coming from Ireland on the other side !

4 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    • waterpark

by kjm5129 Online Now Apr 24, 2008 at 10:14 AM

what are the opening and closing hours from now to the end of may at the waterpark?

• Help locate store on St. Armands

by unclebuck236 Online Now Feb 25, 2008 at 1:58 PM

We shopped on St. Armands on 2/24/08 and had a wonderful day. Regretfully we did not purchase CMC (Not sure of brand initials) Magic Pants carried by one of your merchants.

We would so much appreciate it if someone would identify the ladies clothing store that has long flowing hot pink sheer curtains, that hang from the ceiling for dressing rooms.

Please reply.

1 Answer Apr 30, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    • tititoutbleu's Profile Photo

little help please!

by tititoutbleu Online Now May 29, 2007 at 3:47 AM

hi everybody!!!

i 've just come back home from ny yesterday and i'm already depressed.........
      i love all in ny city!!!
      and i wonder how will i live without the city and the food of new york!
      yes i really love the food there.my best friend used to send me food i like in my house but now she's moved, so we are in front of the problem: can someone in ny send me some food at my adress? (like for example the tatziki of the whole food market,i know there are stores in florida !! she sent me 3 examples
      of that per month!!)
      don't be afraid,i will pay all the taxes and even more if you help me!
      that really important for me! tell me if someone can do that for me!
      thanks for all!!!

2 Answers May 29, 2007 at 1:07 PM
    • accommodation

by patnalan Online Now Jun 26, 2006 at 9:55 AM

will be in siesta key / venice areas from 24 to 28 october 2006 (four nights) and need a four bed villa plus pool. unable to locate anywhere to rent for under one week. can anyone out there help us.

thank you

1 Answer Jul 3, 2006 at 1:10 PM
    • Relocation question

by DUKE3100 Online Now May 23, 2006 at 6:00 PM

I know this is a travel forum but I have been considering relocating to Sarasota on and off for some time. I can't find any other forum with people who can tell me about their area. I am a single 28 year old male with a business degree and sales/customerservice/foodservice experience. I want to move to an area that has plenty of jobs and also has a lot of females in the age range of 21-35. Sarasota seems to be up and coming but my main concern is that there is no nightlife and places to get crazy and meet women. I like dance clubs and hip hop/techno. I don't need Miami night life but It would help to know that it is easy to get a job...that the people are easy to get to know and in my age group and that there is enough nightlife to have a lot of fun on a friday or saturday night. The area use to have the reputation of having no night life and not being for single people. Is this still true or is Sarasota a good place for a single 28 year old? I am looking for a place in Flordia that is by the beach but is not out of control like Daytona or Miami...where I can have the best of both worlds....fun when I want it and some peace when I want it too.

2 Answers Jun 11, 2006 at 12:55 PM
    • Public transportation in Sarasota

by e_lena Online Now Apr 6, 2006 at 8:14 PM

I am going to Sarasota for a week with my child in May. I cannot decide if I should rent a car or use public transportation. We are staying at Hyatt Hotel (1000 Bulv. of the Arts). Are there direct bus lines going to beaches (Siesta, Lido, Fort Myers)? I am also thinking about taking my child to Marie Salby Botanical Gardens, aquarium, Myakka State Park and some other attractions. I am worried that if I rent a car I will have problems to find parking. Also I don't want to go to notorious 41 highway :(

• Public transportation in Sarasota

by e_lena Online Now Apr 5, 2006 at 7:12 PM

I am going to Sarasota for a week with my child in May. I cannot decide if I should rent a car or use public transportation. We are staying at Hyatt Hotel (1000 Bulv. of the Arts). Are there direct bus lines going to beaches (Siesta, Lido, Fort Myers)? I am also thinking about taking my child to Marie Salby Botanical Gardens, aquarium, Myakka State Park and some other attractions. I am worried that if I rent a car I will have problems to find parking. Also I don't want to go to notorious 41 highway :(

3 Answers Apr 8, 2006 at 6:41 PM
    • roomate

by vinny25 Online Now Jan 9, 2006 at 3:32 PM

I've been trying to find a roomate here in Sarasota, but it's kind of hard to find someone. Does anyone have room for one more person??

Thanks in advance

• roomate

by vinny25 Online Now Jan 9, 2006 at 3:24 PM

I've been trying to find a roomate here in Sarasota, but it's kind of hard to find someone. Does anyone have room for one more person??

4 Answers Jan 12, 2006 at 1:36 PM
    • cool accomodations?

by joshandmaura Online Now Nov 20, 2005 at 4:52 PM

We're going to be in Sarasota for a few days on business in December. I'd like to find a cool place to stay. We are twenty-somethings and would prefer a place that is different, more modern than most of the places I saw on line. In Sarasota or on Siesta Key would be ideal. Somewhere near the beach with spa treatment for my wife. (I want to take care of her since I'm dragging her along.) Price is not really a concern.
      Thank you for any input.

1 Answer Nov 23, 2005 at 2:07 PM
    • Relocating To Sarasota

by guitarlife Online Now Oct 23, 2005 at 7:02 AM

Hi, My wife and I will be relocating to Sarasota within the next year
      and wanted to find out a few things from anyone who lives or has lived
      in Sarasota.

1) Would like to find a really awesome church, great and accurate
      teaching and youthful worship.
      2) Anyone know a great guitar teacher hopefully with some schooling
      from a place like Berkeley, more rock/alternative style.
      2) Does anyone know a good commercial real estate person, will be
      relocating my business and need a cool spot.
      3) How is the jet skiing, any places to launch and are the beaches
      motorized.
      4) Best neighborhoods around?

I really appreciate any of you giving your opinion and info. I hope to
      meet some really cool people when we move as things in Fort Lauderdale
      have not click for me. Can't wait to move out of this town and get
      back on the west coast of Florida.

2 Answers Jan 15, 2006 at 4:58 PM
    • Diving in Sarasota?

by team_martha Online Now Aug 5, 2005 at 7:01 PM

My sister and I are traveling to Bradenton for a few days in October and was wondering about two things. Where is the best diving in Sarasota and where in the Sarasota area can I snorkel and hug a manatee?!

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 14, 2005 at 7:47 PM
    • Mike57's Profile Photo

Days out from Bradenton / Sarasota

by Mike57 Online Now Aug 4, 2005 at 11:54 AM

Hi

Any good ideas for great days out from Bradenton to make a break from the beach?

Anything up to 150 miles radius would be a great help!

Thanks for your help

Mike

4 Answers Mar 10, 2009 at 11:13 AM
    • Mike57's Profile Photo

Current weather forecasts - normal or bad weather?

by Mike57 Online Now Aug 4, 2005 at 11:44 AM

Hi

Internet forecasts for the next ten days look miserable for Bradenton and Sarasota - but is the normal Sunny morning, thunder and rainy afternoons still the norm?

We fly from the UK shortly!

Thanks for any info

Mike

3 Answers Aug 4, 2005 at 7:15 PM
    • ~ NigHtcLubZ, BarZ, DanZinG ~

by tru.flip Online Now May 23, 2005 at 3:48 PM

I'm a 20-something-need-to-dance gal visiting my hubby's family in Sarasota in July. Where-oh-where can I party at night? Dancing (Top40, HipHop) preferred over just-bars. Thanks in advance!

2 Answers May 27, 2005 at 10:11 AM