Sarasota Travel Answers

change location

Sarasota summer

by wautcwap Online Now Jun 17, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Hello,
We are traveling to Sarasota this summer to do a pre retirement check. What kind of weather can we expect? Also, we are American/Europeans and would like to find a neighborhood which is open minded and liberal, is there one in Sarasota?
Thanks for your help.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Sarasota summer

by mccalpin Online Now Jun 17, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Weather forecast (good all summer and into the fall): Partly cloudy, hot, and a slight chance of hurricanes ;-)

As for "open-minded and liberal", I can't speak to that...except note that most of the people living in expensive neighborhoods in Florida aren't from Florida, so I doubt that your retirement zones will be filled with members of the KKK...I guess it also depends on what you want them to be open-minded and liberal about...mixed race couple, who cares? gay couple, what's new? man/boy hedonists, yeah, you'll have a problem with that anywhere in the 50 States...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Sarasota summer

by Donna_in_India Online Now Jun 17, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Weather will be hot most likely with afternoon showers.

Not sure about any liberal neighborhoods. If you have not already done so, I'd recommend checking out some of the city's statistics/demographics: www.city-data.com/city/Sarasota-Florida.html, realestate.aol.com/neighborh..., etc., etc. Google for additional sites.

Just a thought - you don't mention your ages (other than pre retirement) so a neighborhood with primarily seniors may not be so liberal. I do realize that may not always be the case, but I have lived in a couple of "senior" neighborhoods in on the west coast of FL. ;-)

Happy Searching!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines