Sarasota Travel Answers

change location

cool accomodations?

by joshandmaura Online Now Nov 20, 2005 at 4:52 PM

We're going to be in Sarasota for a few days on business in December. I'd like to find a cool place to stay. We are twenty-somethings and would prefer a place that is different, more modern than most of the places I saw on line. In Sarasota or on Siesta Key would be ideal. Somewhere near the beach with spa treatment for my wife. (I want to take care of her since I'm dragging her along.) Price is not really a concern.
Thank you for any input.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • sarahjayn's Profile Photo

RE: cool accomodations?

by sarahjayn Online Now Nov 23, 2005 at 2:07 PM

I love Sarasota. I went to college there - it is my favourite beach town. There are a lot of places to stay in Sarasota, but, you're right, most of them are pretty old and generic. My favourite place to stay is the Gulf Beach Motel, but I don't think that's really your bag. To my knowledge, the Ritz-Carlton is the only resort in Sarasota that offers a full spa treatment. It's off of US 41 - - not on the beach, but near the bridge to the keys.
    If I were you, I'd rent a car, stay a private rental house (you can find listings on the internet . . . try longboat or siesta key) or stay in any little hotel on Ben Franklin Drive, and buy your wife a gift certificate to an in-town spa. The Pineapple Holistic Spa is nice.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines