change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• zoraom's Profile Photo

sarajevo airport to Visoko

by zoraom Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM

is there any bus in the evening from Sarajevo to Visoko that I can reach after landing at Sarajevo airport at 20.15h , 05.04?

4 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 1:15 AM
    • Current Situation and buses

by worldwidewanderer Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Hello everyone!
      Does anyone know if the buses are functioning as usual due to the recent protests in Sarajevo? And if anyone actually in the city could describe the present situation I would be really thankful, as it is hard to get an idea based on international news broadcasts =S

1 Answer Feb 23, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • Safety & Internet speed

by Rajiv5 Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Hi, does anyone know if Sarajevo is safe to visit following the recent protests and is the Internet fast and reliable ?

12 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 2:26 AM
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Driving from Zagreb to Kotor

by rickmatthews Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Looks like my wife and I will be driving from Zagreb to Kotor via Bosnia and back to Zagreb via Croatia. My question is two fold. What is the highway like from Zagreb to Kotor (twisty turny I don't mind). Secondly, would like to stop at Sarajevo and Mostar. It is easy (or relatively easy) getting around Sarajevo?

Thanks
      rm

5 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    • KateM61's Profile Photo

Bus from Kotor to Sarajevo

by KateM61 Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Hi,
      I know that this is very late notice but hopefully someone can help.
      We're currently in Kotor and want to go to Sarajevo tomorrow. Is it possible to get a bus that doesn't go via Dubrovnik and/or Mostar? We found some information on the internet that said you can get buses from Niksic, over the northern Bosnia/montenegro border to Sarajevo but not sure that was reliable. If this is true, we could bus up to Niksic and then change depending on what time these buses leave.

Thanks for any help!!!

2 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    • starstudio's Profile Photo

August 22 - 23 & 24

by starstudio Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Proudly i will be to the capital at the end of the month. Actually i'll be part of the Sarajevo Film Festival.

I wana visit some nice traditional villages around the city, with local "color" to take some images and video.

Also i like to make one day visit to Mostar, so what is the fastest way (train or bus, or rend a car)?

What are the "don;t miss" points to Sarajevo? I want to take the whole spirit so i must to be there with a full plan!

All your opinions are more than welcome. Thanks in advance!

(if local VT;ers wana have a coffee and talk together, that will be my pleasure )

7 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 4:32 AM
    • Prole's Profile Photo

Taxi from Kotor to Sarajevo

by Prole Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Hi All!

Will be in Kotor for 5 days in the second week of August, after which I plan to spend a couple of days in Sarajevo before flying back home. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how much a taxi would charge me from Kotor to Sarajevo, preferably with a short (one hour, perhaps?) stop in Mostar?

Thanks in advance,

Prole

4 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    • IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

Taxis

by IreneMcKay Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Hi, does anyone know how much a taxi should cost from Sarajevo Airport to the Bascarsija area of the city? Thank you in advance for your help. Irene

3 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 2:22 AM
    • leave luggage at sarajevo airport

by coniovalle Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 2:04 AM

hi! somebody know if i can leave my luggage at sarajevo airport for 4 days? Thanks

1 Answer Apr 14, 2014 at 1:05 AM
    • I will be in sarayevo for a week,so

by leylaleyla Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM

can you advice me best ten meals /foods/drink to taste in sarayevo?

9 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 2:59 AM
    • Bus to/from Sutjeska NP

by AnneDuluth Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I will be traveling by bus from Mostar to Sutjeska NP, spending 2 nights in the park, then continuing on to Sarajevo. I have found some bus schedules online but not everything I need. We are willing to take a taxi or hitchhike to a nearby bus station (for example, to get to Foca from the park). I speak Russian so I can sometimes decipher BSC. Thank you!

• Pubs and Clubs in Sarajevo

by DrxDrx Online Now Jun 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Hey All !

During a very long trip, im going to stop for a weekend in Sarajevo.

Basically i want to chill out, wonder the city and enjoy in good pubs, bars and clubs.

Any suggestions for good places ?

Thanks

3 Answers Jun 13, 2013 at 5:11 AM
    • Mostar to Montenegro Bus

by trenzo Online Now May 15, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Is there any bus company works from Mostar to any part of Montenegro. Preffered ways are Bar, Budva or Kotor

5 Answers May 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    • augustiner's Profile Photo

Sarajevo airport bus or taxi?

by augustiner Online Now Jan 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Can someone please tell me, whether the airport bus from the airport to the main train/bus station is available in winter and how much would a taxi cost to that location?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    • Mark_Lester's Profile Photo

Road route from Užice to Sarajevo

by Mark_Lester Online Now Nov 22, 2012 at 3:12 AM

I am awaiting the new rail timetable for next year, and I am bracing myself for the belgrade to sarajevo service to be dropped. If that's the case I'd still like to look at alternatives to just getting a direct bus. We could get the train to Užice and may be a bus or hire a mini bus from there.It might even be possible to do some of the Sargan 8 railway.
      Does anyone know about buses from Užice to Sarajevo or portions of that route.

8 Answers Nov 30, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    • voltage

by srlebroz1943 Online Now Oct 15, 2012 at 9:16 AM

what is household voltage, can i ( with adapter)use my laptop in sarajevo?

3 Answers Oct 16, 2012 at 2:26 AM
    • Train from Sarajevo to Mostar.

by Johnire Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Hi
      Is it true that in addition to the twice daily train from Sarajevo to Mostar there is another newer train that departs at 8.05 am?
      If it does can anyone let me know what time this train gets into Mostar and what's the difference between tho train and the one that goes an hour earlier?
      Many thanks!!

2 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    • How many days in Sarajevo

by geriflox Online Now Aug 13, 2012 at 6:10 AM

Hey guys,
      What's a reasonable length of time (in terms of days) to spend in Sarajevo? To walk around,see museums,churches etc and enjoy the city?

5 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • Bus/Train timetables

by geriflox Online Now Aug 4, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Hi everyone. I wonder if anybody can help me with either bus or train timetables from Sarajevo to the following places.I'm finding it quite difficult to get information in English on the net,from websites etc. I am looking for bus or train timetables to/from Sarajevo to the following towns and cities; Sarajevo-Srebrenica, Sarajevo-Mostar,Sarajevo to Podgorica (Montenegro). Any information would be so much appreciated and thank you in advance :-))

2 Answers Aug 5, 2012 at 6:32 AM
    • Sarajevo to Budva

by sprite123 Online Now Jul 26, 2012 at 5:28 AM

Hi

I've been searching all over the internet for detailed transport from Sarajevo to Budva without any luck. I know there isn't any train connecting the two cities. So i was wondering if any one could share the bus timetables including necessary connections, with all of us trying to figure out transports between the two cities.

I'm going there during the last week of September if it makes any difference.

3 Answers Jul 27, 2012 at 5:08 AM
    • From Sarajevo to Ohrid

by Midgard87 Online Now May 30, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to go from Sarajevo to Ohrid? For example with a night bus?

Are there any direct connection or what should we do?

Thank you.

1 Answer May 30, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    • Mark_Lester's Profile Photo

Sarajevo Ploce Train

by Mark_Lester Online Now May 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM

bahn.de claims this once a day train leaves sarajevo at 7:05, then doesnt stop again till it gets to Croatia, i.e doesnt stop at Mostar, or anywhere else in Bosnia.
      We are going straight through to Ploce but as this is a scenic ride we'd like it to stop as much as possible.
      Surely this is just a fault in bahn's data.
      Also, I assume you can see the fallen bridge at Jablanica from the train.
      atlasobscura.com/place/bridg...

If you've done this ride and have any other info about the views please let me know.
      At Ploce we'll need to road it to Split. I know there are plenty of public buses but we'd like to hire our own (there will be over 10 of us) and get them to run right along the coast. We'll have plenty of time before gettign the night train out of Split.

5 Answers Nov 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    • Istanbul to Sarajevo bus trip

by jpenrose24 Online Now May 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Hi I am travelling to Istanbul in August and want to go to Sarajevo by bus or train. How long would you say it takes to travel from Istanbul to Sarajevo by bus? or train?

How much would it cost? and is it safe?

1 Answer May 14, 2012 at 4:17 AM
    • excelemp's Profile Photo

Cologne - Mostar - Sarajevo

by excelemp Online Now Oct 5, 2011 at 10:20 AM

I am planning to bus it from Colgne to Mostar with 2 night stop in Mostar and then Head to Sarajevo for a night.

I hope I am giving myself enough time. I would like to see a lot of country side and hedden beauties lol

I am not able to retriev a road map of where I would be passing through but would love to find one. Any advice appreciated!

14 Answers Dec 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM
    • Nijntje1973's Profile Photo

Sarajevo on Sunday 9 October 2011

by Nijntje1973 Online Now Oct 2, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Hi All :)

I'm going to be in Sarajevo on Sunday 9 October, travelling from Dubrovnik. Would that be a bad day to be there? Ideally I would love to have a drink and experience some nightlife with the locals, but it seems a lot of places are closed on a Sunday. Should I stay the night at all or should I move onto Novi Sad (I think there's an overnight bus from Lukavica stop) on the same day, if nothing is going on on a Sunday evening?

Your input will be much appreciated! :)

J

4 Answers Oct 4, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    • AEN007's Profile Photo

from main Station(s) or Ilidza to Lukavica bus station

by AEN007 Online Now Oct 1, 2011 at 3:33 PM

2October2011
      Greetings.
      I am staying in BiH and will have to travel to Sarajevo and then to the Lukavica bus station.
      I could arrive at the Sarajevo main bus/train station or at Ilidza in Sarajevo.
      I will have a ton of luggage.
      I would like to find out how to go directly from either arrival point to the Lukavica bus station.

The trolley buses 103/107 don't leave from near the main station as far as I can tell.
      I have no idea what the stops for bus 31E are.
      Bus 37 goes runs between Grbavica – Lukavica - Ilidža but
      I do not know if it stops near the Lukavica bus staion.
      It would be great if I could find out for sure how to go to the Lukavica bus station with all my luggage ...

2 Answers Oct 2, 2011 at 1:01 AM
    • Food and Shopping

by aishahs Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Hi,
      Im going in September and i cant wait!
      Possibly a silly question but I was just wondering if all the restaurants are halal or are there just a few? Is eating out much of a problem for those who eat halal food?

And I was also wondering how much souvenirs are and just the price range of things for a student's budget! So how much could you get for a pound for example. (I live in London)

Thanks in advance!
      :D

3 Answers Sep 26, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    • Appropriate Dress in Bosnia

by murphyvomcom Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Are shorts appropriate street dress for males in Bosnia? I will be traveling to Sarajevo and other smaller villages in September, I know that Bosnia is largely Muslim, I don't want to offend the local customs, but I would like to be comfortable on warm days. Of course I would not enter a mosque in short pants, but I am wondering about more casual attire.

Thanks for any advice.

3 Answers Sep 25, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    • Sarajevo Bust/Train station to the International Airport

by ahallowes1 Online Now Jun 26, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Hello!

I need to arrive into Sarajevo for 12 noon on satuday 6th August from Mostar, firstly I was wondering if it was easier to get the bus or the train and secondly as I will have luggage, what is the easiest way to get from either station to the airport?

Thanks for your help!

4 Answers Jul 11, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    • dubrovnik-mostar-sarajevo

by marcopolo58 Online Now May 7, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Will be taking train or bus from Dubrovnik to Sarajevo in July. Only have 2 nights there. Problem is i would also like to look around Mostar. Does anyone know, if you get off at Mostar and catch later bus/train to Sarajevo, is there anywhere to leave your luggage for a few hours. Failing that what it be nicer to spend 1 night in each place or stay with the current plan of 2 in Sarajevo. Your thoughts would be welcome.
      Thanks

4 Answers Jun 22, 2011 at 6:05 PM