Sapporo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Costco sapporo

by dada123 Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Me and my husband will visit in May and would like to go Costco Sapporo. However, we don't have membership. Does anyone can introduce a person to bring us in? Or, a method how to shop there without membership?
      Thanks!

6 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • Bring a seafood on the fligh

by Dheenachan Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Hi all, I need advice, I noticed that Hokkaido is famous with seafood, my question is it is possible to buy seafood in New Chitose Airport and bring on the flight as carry-baggage? Since I didn't have much time to stop in other market to buy and I have limited time went I arrived at New Chitose Airport.. Thank You

2 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 6:31 AM
    • Arthur_c5064's Profile Photo

Lake Shikotsu to Sapporo via Route 453

by Arthur_c5064 Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Hi there,

I'll be staying south of Sapporo near Lake Shikotsu for 2 nights in Dec 2013. We were hoping to be able to visit Sapporo city during our stay here, but we are not sure how long is the road journey gonna take us? we have a rental car to travel around.

Welcome your advice on our best possible option. Cheers

Arthur
      Singapore

2 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    • Winter Clothing For Sapporo.

by crvkumar Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Hi All,

I am going to visit Sapporo during the snow festival and I was wondering what kind of clothes would be required to visit Sapporo. I am from India ( and a hot city from South) and currently live in Tokyo and I was planning to get a couple of Uniqlo Ultra Light Down for this Winter.( Its damn light)

But I am not sure whether this will be enough for the Sapporo Climate. I am going to layer myself but still, will it be enough to hold up the heat? Any other recommendations_

6 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    • Days in Sapporo

by Peteding Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Is 7 days too long to spend in Sapporo?

6 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    • Skillmus's Profile Photo

Travel from Narita airport to Sapporo via bus...

by Skillmus Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Is it possible to travel by express or regular bus service from Narita airport to Sapporo?
      I have lots of free time and would like to see the country side slower than taking a flight or a train.
      Thanks in advance for your time...Yoku dekimashita...

7 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    • Grevil's Profile Photo

Visit to Sapporo by ship

by Grevil Online Now Apr 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM

We will be visiting Sapporo from a cruise ship.
      Is the cruise ship whalf reasonable walking distance from the centre of the city?
      What is the 2 main sights/features of Sapporo we should see whilst we are there?
      Many thanks for any info.

3 Answers Apr 12, 2012 at 6:39 AM
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Reserved seat on Hamanasu train

by milliturtle Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Hi, I'm hoping to take the Hamanasu night train from Sapporo to Aomori. I understand that I can try to reserve a seat in the Carpet car or Dream car without incurring extra charges if I have a JR Pass. The problem is that we only arrive in Japan about 3 days before this leg of the trip.

Do you know how difficult it is to reserve those types of seats for a Monday night in mid May? Do you think we'll have trouble getting a reserved seat if we only reserve 3 days in advance? If those seats are not available, is it usually easy to get a regular seat?

Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 6, 2012 at 6:48 AM
    • best way to travel from Cruise ships to Sappor downtown

by reholford Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 11:24 PM

What are the ways that one can travel to the Sapporo downtown and get around while in Sapporo and then return to the cruise ship dock. What is the most economical and which is the most efficient and what are the costs for each? Are there Tour operators that service the port area?

2 Answers Sep 18, 2011 at 5:08 AM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

A weekend is enough? What to do/see/where to go?

by sheherezad Online Now Jul 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I'm finalising my plans to attend a conference in Sapporo in September and should only have a day or two afterwards to see anything other than the 'walking tour' of Sapporo the conference is organising midweek.

I would appreciate some advice on whether that is enough to see anything outside of Sapporo? What I can do/see and where I can go on a day trip? Or if I need to get out of Sapporo at all? I heard about the Ainu (?) people? Can I go to where they are on a day trip and does it require an organised trip or can I do it by myself? Will language be a problem since I don't speak Japanese other than the basic greetings!

10 Answers Sep 17, 2011 at 5:42 AM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Ground transportation from CTS

by sheherezad Online Now Jul 14, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I should be arriving in Sapporo (CTS) on September 10 at either 10.55am or 4.25pm (depending on which flight I manage to get from NRT) with at least 2 pieces of baggage (a large suitcase and a hand baggage) or with the 3 pieces of baggage I travelled into Canada with (one large suitcase and 2 hand baggage sized smaller pieces).

Though all are on wheels, I have only one pair of hands and can drag only two at a time! ;-) So, I need some form of convenient ground transportation to a hotel in town (which I have yet to select/book).

Appreciate information on all possible options and possible costs. Thank you! :-)

15 Answers Sep 13, 2011 at 3:18 AM
    • Sapporo to Kotan Village (near Lake Akan)

by geminimoai Online Now Jul 14, 2011 at 4:05 AM

I'm interested in going to the Ainu Kotan Village that's near Lake Akan from Sapporo.

Could you tell me how to do so via train or bus.

If there's a website that includes schedules and prices, please let me know.

2 Answers Jul 15, 2011 at 10:13 AM
    • cheesecake17's Profile Photo

Besides Otaru

by cheesecake17 Online Now Jun 15, 2011 at 9:02 PM

what are other option for "day trips " from sapporo.
      thanks for any help.
      U.

5 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 1:33 AM
    • New Chitose Airport to Sapporo in late night

by lp6367 Online Now Jan 3, 2011 at 9:00 AM

I would arrival New Chitose Airport after 11 pm in Jan. Would there still be train or Bus departure from airport to downtown Sapporo? The taxi fare is very expensive.

1 Answer Jan 3, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    • Kyocera ceramic kitchen knives

by g.suyen Online Now Aug 15, 2010 at 4:12 AM

As I will be in Sapporo next week, I am interested to know if I can buy Kyocera ceramic kitchen knives from Tanukikojo Shopping Street? or do I have to go to a supermarket to buy this item?
      Where is the nearest supermarket located from Hotel Royton Sapporo?
      I will be staying at Royton Sapporo Hotel.

2 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 11:12 PM
    • 1972 olympic venues

by oznztofro Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 5:29 AM

If my brain serves me right the winter olympics were first held in japan in 1972 in Sapporo.

From any Olympics games it leaves venues for future generations and Olympics fans to visit.

I was wondering if anyone has ever visited any olympic sights in Sapporo or if anyone knows any websites with some more information?

Or have they all be pulled down meaning i should visit Nagano.

Just plan to goto Sapporo for a few days in winter. Willl be good to have some snow fun in japan

3 Answers Aug 1, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    • Sapporo Travel

by gsuyen Online Now Jul 20, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I am will be staying in Sapporo in mid Aug 2010. The accom. arranged by my host is at Hotel Royton Sapporo. I would like to know whether it is possible to access public transportation to places of interest such as:
      Tanukikoji Shopping Street
      Sweet Factory Outlets at Mitsui Park
      Central Wholesale Market
      Ishiyiya Chocolate Factory
      Susukino
      Historical Village? Is this worth visiting?

As this is a business trip, I am unable to sign up for the Chuo bus sight-seeing trips and would need to rely on public transport.
      I would appreciate if someone can advise me of a website showing map of Sapporo, that outlines the location of my hotel to the abovementioned places.
      many thanx.

1 Answer Jul 21, 2010 at 6:17 AM
    • Snowboarding in Niseko - Accommodations advice

by micmik Online Now Feb 23, 2010 at 6:32 AM

Hi all,

Going to Sapporo for 5D in last wk of March and probably gonna head to Niseko slopes then.

- Suggestion for cheap airport transfer/ski lift pass package?
      - Suggestion for good accomodations in Hirafu : preferably near base station or SeicoMart? Or is there a better place to stay? (I remember the last time we stayed there, didnt know how to use the shuttle bus!)
      - Any accomodations with onsens?
      - As always, any restaurant recommendations?

• Long Term Accomodations

by hawaiianmakule Online Now Oct 19, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Interested in long term fully furnished mansion/apartment/hotel for a month in Sapporo in mid-June to mid-July, 2010. Could be a studio or 1-bedroom. Would like western type accommodations with washer/dryer, ice box, microwave, stove, AC/heater, etc. Not interested in luxury accommodations, but something clean, safely located, near super markets, transportation, etc. Budget around 100,000 Y/month including utilities. No "key" money. Any suggestions? Mahalo and Aloha.

3 Answers Oct 21, 2009 at 12:27 AM
    • DAY TRIPS ON CHUO BUS?

by kmiami Online Now Oct 16, 2009 at 6:22 AM

I AM TAKING MY MOTHER TO SAPPORO THE FIRST WEEK IN JUNE 2010 AND WE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A COUPLE OF DAY TOURS FROM THERE TO OTARI AND FURUNO (DIFFERENT DAYS OF COURSE). THE CHUO BUS WEBSITE SEEMS TO BE AN OLD SCHEDULE, THEREFORE WONDER IF ANY OF THE LOCAL MEMBERS COULD ADVISE US ON THE FIRST DATES THAT THESE TOURS WILL BEGIN AND WHICH HOTELS NEARBY THE BUS STATION WILL HAVE PICK UP BY THE TOUR BUS. IT WILL BE MUCH EASIER ON MY 78 YEAR OLD MOTHER TO STAY IN A HOTEL WHERE THE TOUR BUSES COME TO PICK US UP. ANY ASSISTANCE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

• confused...

by veranda83 Online Now Jul 5, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Hi.
      I will be traveling to Sapporo in December and have come up with a list of places to go:
      - Otaru
      - Sapporo Beer Garden
      - Ishyiy Chocolate Factory
      - Sapporo Central Wholesale Market
      - Old Hokkaido Govt Building
      - Clock Tower
      - Sapporo Brewery
      - Historical Village
      - Odori Park
      - Genghis Khan
      - Susukino

My problem is I don't know where exactly these places are and have problem grouping them according to convenience in movement. e.g. I should visit which places at the same time because they are within the same region etc...

Also, are there anymore must-go places that I should include?

Can someone help? Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 1, 2009 at 2:59 PM
    • Weather like

by Ahyi_72 Online Now May 25, 2008 at 4:22 AM

Hi all,
      I will be going to Sapporo on 7th June. From the website the temperature is range between 20'c - 15'c.. Is it very cold?
      Thanks

2 Answers May 12, 2009 at 5:28 AM
    • SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

osaka to sapporo , by night train of fly

by SHARKFIN Online Now Apr 2, 2008 at 2:34 AM

Hi all ,

need to know if flying is cheaper or by night train is cheaper ?

i see on JR site is that the night train we have to pay for the accomodation .. dont look cheap to me ...

what are your thoughts

thanks in advance

• Traveling by train in January..

by Hansode Online Now Dec 16, 2007 at 6:10 AM

I have 3 days open during my trip to Japan next month. I’ve never been to Sapporo and was thinking about using the last 3 days of my Rail Pass to go there from Tokyo and back but I have concerns about the train service during winter. Are the scheduled train services affected by winter storms if so, how often?

4 Answers Dec 16, 2007 at 7:56 AM
    • Genghis Khan

by Westnut1 Online Now Aug 7, 2007 at 8:13 AM

I am very interested in purchasing bottles of the Genghis Khan sauce. I saw it in Sapporo. Any idea how I can order it?

• Hotel in Sapporo

by Chimira Online Now Feb 26, 2007 at 1:56 PM

In April I and two other students will arrive to Chitose airport in Sapporo and will need to spend one night in a hotel, have you anything to recommend? Since we cannot afford anything too expensive, the price is the main issue but I also want it to be close to transportation. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Mar 1, 2007 at 7:20 AM
    • Uvex's Profile Photo

Hostel in Sapporo

by Uvex Online Now Feb 13, 2007 at 8:09 PM

Is this a nice hostel "Ino's Place", is the location easy to reach? What type of transportation can I take from the Airport to this hostel directly?
      For a private double room 4,300 yen each person, do you think this is reasonable?
      Thank you for your help and kind attention.

1 Answer Jan 13, 2008 at 7:24 AM
    • Uvex's Profile Photo

Accommoation

by Uvex Online Now Feb 13, 2007 at 6:38 PM

I want to go to Sapporo in April 2007, can anyone tell me if there are any reasonable accommodation and where I can go for sight seeing? Thank you.

• snowboarding in sapporo

by peacedog Online Now Nov 29, 2006 at 7:57 PM

Hi everybody, My friend and I are from Hawaii,and we are planning a snowboarding trip to Japan in January,and we will be in Sapporo for 3-4 days.Can anyone give me some information on where to snowboard around Sapporo area or Niigata area? and information on how to get to the mountain? Thank you very much,I would really appreciate it. Herb

1 Answer Dec 5, 2006 at 5:56 PM
    • Getting the Koseki and Translating help

by savian1973 Online Now Nov 17, 2006 at 10:53 PM

My grandmother was born in Fukuoka-Ken and before she left Japan for the United States in 1953 she was living in Sapporo Japan. I have the exact address where she lived and area. I want to get the Koseki for her since she left behind a brother and sister. I also want to know if anyone can help me translate a page written in Japanese. I think it might have been her passport but not sure. Feel free to email me.
      Savian1973@comcast.net

Jay Baker

1 Answer Nov 18, 2006 at 4:09 AM