Sapporo Travel Answers

change location

best way to travel from Cruise ships to Sappor downtown

by reholford Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 11:24 PM

What are the ways that one can travel to the Sapporo downtown and get around while in Sapporo and then return to the cruise ship dock. What is the most economical and which is the most efficient and what are the costs for each? Are there Tour operators that service the port area?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • dru46's Profile Photo

Re: best way to travel from Cruise ships to Sappor downtown

by dru46 Online Now Sep 15, 2011 at 7:23 AM

Assuming that you are going to the Muroran Terminal (I had a tough time finding information on the cruise ship terminal), you are looking at a nearly 2 hour train ride. You should be able to find buses that head out and return from Sapporo or some areas nearby. I would be surprised if there wasn't. Wish I could help more.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • agepiroshiki's Profile Photo

Re: best way to travel from Cruise ships to Sappor downtown

by agepiroshiki Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 5:08 AM

I am not sure if it is the most economical, but I found Arai Travel company of Mito-city,Ibaraki-ken, provides a service you are looking for.

The price is around 15 thousands yen, the tour totally takes about 3 days on which travel to Sapporo and some other areas is covered. A cruise ship departs from Ooarai port located in Ibaraki-ken, and arrives at Tomakomai port.

But I guess the company provides only in Japanese...

For further information, please check the following website (only in Japanese).
    http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~a-travel/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines