Sapa Travel Answers

change location
aussiebrian's Profile Photo

best train from hanoi to sapa

by aussiebrian Online Now Oct 6, 2012 at 9:03 PM

i will be travelling from hanoi to sapa around 25th november 12. there appears to be a number of train carriage and i was wondering which is the best other than Victoria. also what is the weather like then? cold? there is a lot of references to trekking around sapa. i am not the fittest being an office worker are the walks steep or gradual rises.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • elpariente's Profile Photo

Re: best train from hanoi to sapa

by elpariente Online Now Oct 7, 2012 at 1:16 AM

We were in Sapa and the weather it was not cold but rainy .
    We took a night train and we were in a cabin of four persons nice and clean , it was not the Victoria
    In Sapa you can make easy and nicetrecks
    Try to go on the week end that is when the markets are, Sapa on Saturday and on Sunday you may return in the night train to Hanoi but during the day you must arrange a trip to BaHa where there is an impressive market
    Buen viaje

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: best train from hanoi to sapa

by dustin88 Online Now Oct 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I had my hotel in Ha Noi booked tickets to Sapa for my family. The brand was Orient Express, and we stayed in a nice and clean 4-bed cabin. There were many foreigners on my train, you can refer here for more info.
    sapaadventure.com/orient_exp...

The weather at Sapa in winter is freezing, sometimes there are snow, so trekking is a good choice to warm up your body. Remember to enjoy foot massage there!

by Jo124 Online Now Nov 5, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Hi,

I've been in Sapa few times already; for the train i have book directly in Hanoi train station, you can try with Sapalit or vietravel.
    For trekking in Sapa i book with SapaTravelmate who are very serious and propose every kind of trek so i think you should fine what you expect. One more its better to book in Sapa that in Hanoi, for the price and the serious.

Hope it can help you

by Peter-Benz Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Hi,
    Victoria is the best train from Hanoi to Lao Cau and return.This train do not work on Saturday.
    This is the most expensive train,too.

Cheers

by Cuongn4 Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 7:17 AM

There are many options to Sapa by train. Some agency for you can choose are King express, orient, hara express, pumkin express. All of them have the same quality. You can go to a tour office in Hanoi and book a train ticket. 2 options for you are 4 or 6 sort beds in a cabin with different price. Cabin with 4 bed is a bit more expensive with around 25 to 30 US dollars upon the time you book.i hope you have best option. If you need some recommendation or help about tour or hotel in Sapa. I can help you.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines