Sapa Travel Answers

change location

A long shot - lost/stolen camera

by nesbitt2503 Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Hey...

I know this is a longshot but I stupidly left my camera in one of the bar/shops on the ascent from Cat Cat to Sapa (literally one of the last shops before you reach the first hotels at the bottom of Sapa}.

It was a Panasonic Lumix TZ10 (or maybe TZ8 - I forget!}. I returned to the bar 40 minutes later and as expected the camera had gone. The owner asked some of the kids who frequent the place whether they had seen it - one of the children couldn't look me in the eye when this was being explained and I am certain one of the kids there knows its whereabouts.

Anyway if any of you kind souls are offered a panasonic camera that still has pictures on it (I am wearing a white t-shirt with "scottish widows" written on the front, my girlfriend a plain white t-shirt}, please take the camera and I will refund your costs and some!

I have about 7 weeks worth of pictures on there, only backed up half. I am obviously devastated to lose the pictures ( I really dont care about the camera, I would gladly take just the memory card back} and don't hold much hope of seeing them again but thought I should try every avenue to retrieve them.

Finally, remember to double check you have everything before you leave an establishment or suffer like me!

Thanks,

Shaun

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: A long shot - lost/stolen camera

by nesbitt2503 Online Now Apr 23, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Thanks, I'm so annoyed with myself!

Have you tried the website camerafound.com or ifoundyourcamera.net? I will be hunting in vain on these sites I'm sure over the next couple of weeks!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • coco18530's Profile Photo

Re: A long shot - lost/stolen camera

by coco18530 Online Now Apr 23, 2011 at 8:03 AM

I wrote out my email address and a note stating I would pay for the return of the memory card and took a picture of it. It is the first picture on my camera. I don't know if it will help, but it does identify the camera.

• betska's Profile Photo

by betska Online Now Apr 23, 2011 at 10:34 PM

It might be worth also posting this on the Travelfish Vietnam forum.

• hientonkin's Profile Photo

by hientonkin Online Now Feb 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM

sorry for what happened to you. :-(
    Will keep my eye out...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines