Sapa Travel Answers

change location

Sapa and surrounds for two older ladies in March 2010

by leeta Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 4:54 AM

Can someone tell me specifically where to find a tour guide once one has arrived in Sapa from the Railway Station and if the treks are very far. We would like to see some of the villages and market and will do a 2day 3 night trip from Hanoi. I would like to book the train and the accommodation myself and then see if we can get a guide in Sapa. It would be a Wednesday/Thursday and I understand there are markets at Cao Son (wednesday) and Lung Khau Nhin (Thursday), is it possible to do those two villages from Sapa without too much trouble?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • daawgon's Profile Photo

Re: Sapa and surrounds for two older ladies in March 2010

by daawgon Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Sapa is just a small town - guide service options usually outnumber the tourists there. Your hotel will be able to advise on all treks. I bought my first trek from the Cat Cat View Hotel - very good trek, but that hotel is otherwise not recommended by this picky traveler! Don't accept offers on the street and esp. not at the Lao Cai Station - be sure to have your hotel meet that train! I took a Bac Ha Market tour from the Pumpkin Hotel and that was good.

Guides are everywhere, but be picky!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Sapa and surrounds for two older ladies in March 2010

by thuyphan Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Every hotel has private tour guide for you if you need, but it's more expensive. Or you can book a tour to go with another tourists, it's cheaper.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines