São Paulo Travel Answers

change location
yvr's Profile Photo

Airfare

by yvr Online Now Oct 13, 2007 at 6:28 AM

Am looking for discounted travel agency's in Sao Paulo for airline tickets for students, or the general public.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • bahiana77's Profile Photo

Re: Airfare

by bahiana77 Online Now Oct 13, 2007 at 6:58 AM

Unless you are actually in Sao Paulo and have some particular reason for wanting to deal in person, I would suggest that BACC Travel, with offices in Rio, New York, Boston (and others), or Chang Express (Google them both.) consistently offer the cheapest fares to Brazil from the U.S. From Canada, they may have flight connections.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cochinjew's Profile Photo

by cochinjew Online Now Oct 13, 2007 at 10:45 AM

there is an argentina agency called despegar.com and i think they are called descolar.com in brasil. but if you open their main page you will get a link to their brasilian address. there is also asatej.com.ar in argentina.
    i would imagine you are looking for airfares within the contry or the continent?
    good luck. always include taxes into your consideration since taxes can add up the total. they may say 99 usd for round trip to BA from sao paolo but the taxes alone would be higher than that.

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Oct 14, 2007 at 4:33 AM

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for a roundtrip ticket from Sao Paulo into the USA, destination not important, for a friend of mine. Thanks for your website suggestion. I do appreicate it.

by bahiana77 Online Now Oct 14, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Note that tickets originating in Brazil are usually substantially higher than for the exact same route originating from the U.S.---taxes perhaps--irregardless of how or through whom the flight is booked.

by bahiana77 Online Now Oct 16, 2007 at 5:13 AM

One more note for any future fare researchers:
    We were online looking for tickets (US to Brazil) at all discount sites, including the ones the other poster mentioned.
    Brol had the cheapest flights. However, the website wouldn't work to pay for the ticket and the customer service line kept us on hold for an hour without reaching an agent.
    Chang Express, also mentioned above had a fare that was only US$21 more than Brol. They are very responsive on the phone.
    Guess who we chose?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near São Paulo