São Martinho do Porto Travel Answers

change location

Sea fog in July?

by HollysGrandma Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 2:36 AM

We visited SMP for the first time in the last 2 weeks in August 2010 - grandparents, parents, and grandchildren. We all fell in love with SMP and are planning a return visit in 2012. But I have to say that our first week in 2010 was marred a little bit by the morning sea fog; it burned off by noon but it did mean that the water in the pool was a bit cool!

So, my question is, does the sea fog occur every year? Is it only in August? Would we be better to come end/July or the beginning of August (we're tied to school holidays). Any advice gratefully received!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • micas_pt's Profile Photo

Re: Sea fog in July?

by micas_pt Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 6:28 AM

Hello,

These last summers weather has been quite unpredictable. The beaches on the West Coast (SMP included) are known for foggy mornings and sunny afternoons. Personally, I'd rather go to that area in 2nd half of July than late August, but that's just my personal thought.

August is busier concerning tourism and sea also has stronger tides and winds. I've spent several summers in that area (not in SMP) on the 2nd half of July and loved it. But foggy mornings still occur sometimes, I guess it's a question of being lucky with weather.

Alexandra

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near São Martinho do Porto