Travel Answers
Sanya

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Has anybody ever been to Ningde, Fujian?

Ningde Jul 17, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Has anybody been to Ningde in Fujian Province. Do you recommend any sightseeing?
      Thank you
      Ulrike

more
    • angiebabe's Profile Photo

tourist visas from Hong KOng

China Jul 8, 2014 at 8:00 PM

the latest changes to visa situations its said that people are supposed to return home to their countries if HK is not their home country to apply for tourist visas but that HK is still not enforcing this so HK is usually still the first place that comes out of peoples mouths when doing this - but wanting to ask is there anyone here who has obtained a tourist visa from HK recently and how long were they given?
      if they applied for 3 months did they get 3 months or only 2 or 1??!!
      Also were you able to do it as overnight express or had to wait a few days?

thanks for any helpful info!

more
    • Restaurants in Yulin, Shaanxi

Yulin Jul 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Are there any good western restaurants or bars in Yulin?

more
    • nightlife!

Chengdu Jun 29, 2014 at 6:37 AM

is the mgm nightclub a good spot to go on Friday nights for a black tourist in china?

more
    • Clubs at Quanzhou

Fujian Sheng Jul 17, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Sorry i want to knoW Nice nights clubs at Quanzhou please ? I am at the wanda vista hôtel
      Thank you

more
    • Cheap bike or electric bikes where to buy

Beijing Jul 14, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hey guys new here in beijing
      Where is best local place to buy a cheap bike or electric bike in the city. Prefer not to overpay.
      J

more
    • great wall

Pukou Jul 11, 2014 at 5:09 AM

how far is the great wall of china from Pukou

more
    • great wall

Pukou Jul 11, 2014 at 5:08 AM

how far is the great wall of china from Pukou

more
    • Zhongdian to Kunming?

Zhongdian Jul 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM

What's the best way to do this journey?

more
    • siknight's Profile Photo

train border crossing time

Nanning Jul 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM

My vietnam visa states I can enter on the 17th. I want to take the train departing Nanning to Hanoi on the 16th with a border crossing around midnight (17th). Will I be ok if I am at the border 30 minutes early or will I have to wait around until midnight? If anyone has any experience of this I would be grateful.
      Cheers, Simon

more
    • Spend a day in Kaohsiung

Tai'an Jul 1, 2014 at 11:53 PM

We plan to ,be in Taipei for 7 nights in early November and if possible,take a day trip to Kaohsiung by the High Speed Train.
      How to go about it and in one day what all to do and see.
      All your replies would be more than welcome.
      Many thanks.

more
    • Tablets and Phones

Beijing Jul 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Hello,

Where can I get the best price for a Samsung galaxy 10.1 inch tablet and a Samsung S5 phone. What is the lowest price I could get? I will be going to the silk market on saturday.

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Dali or Lijiang

Yunnan Sheng Jul 7, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Hi,

I am wondering if two days in Dali and three days in Lijiang (2 days around Lijiang and one in the old town) are sufficient.

Thanks

more
    • cbhuta's Profile Photo

what's happening in Shanghai on 12 and 13 July?

Shanghai Jul 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Hey guys, I'm in Shanghai for the weekend and looking for places to go where I can meet up with people and have a good evening over drinks or dinner.
      Any suggestions?

more
    • Job in China

Guangxi Zhuangzu Zizhiqu Jul 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM

I've been offered a teaching position in Yizhou, Guangxi province from September for 5 months. I'm concerned about the heat and humidity and possible air pollution. Would this be a problem?

more
    • Ferry from Shanghai to Osaka (Shanghai Ferry Company) and Japanese Rail Pass

China Jul 2, 2014 at 7:43 PM

So me and my friend are planning a trip to Japan from Shanghai via boat (how adventurous of us!) Like many foreigners visiting Japan, we've heard about the Japanese Rail Pass and are very interested, I've been doing some reading online and I read that in order to get your ticket exchanged whilst in Japan, you need proof of your entry date. This is mandatory on flights, but I'm worried that the boat company won't stamp our passports with our arrival date. Has anyone used the Shanghai Ferry Co. Limited and can let me know if this is something they provide?

more
    • Cell phone

Shenzhen Jul 1, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Should I buy a new iPhone 5 in the states before moving to Shenzhen or buy a new phone when I get there?

more
    • Accommodation booking

China Jun 28, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Hi all!
      I am planning on hiking the Tiger Leaping Gorge in August and wonder if it is necessary to book a room in advance at Halfway Lodge and at Sean's (Spring Guesthouse). Also any recommendation regarding the accommodation at Tiger Leaping Gorge would be much appreciated.
      Thank you for taking the time to answer my question! :)

more
    • nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Anybody ever been to Ningde, Fujian?

Ningde Jun 25, 2014 at 9:50 PM

I am planning to visit NIngde in November. Has anybody been there?

more
    • Kunming airport

Kunming Jul 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I will be arriving at Kunming airport from overseas and plan to board a local flight to Lijiang from the same Kunming airport. Is one and half hours sufficient time after arriving from overseas to take the local flight to Lijiang? Let me know, thanks.

more
    • TravelingSandy's Profile Photo

Beijing, China

Beijing Jul 5, 2014 at 3:40 PM

We are arriving in Xingang via cruise ship on October, 13 at 7am. We depart on October 14 at 7pm. Is the bullet train the best way to get into the city? Can anyone recommend a good tour operator at a fair price Thanks so much!

more
    • Naomi_B's Profile Photo

facebook acces from Shanghai

Shanghai Jun 25, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Is it true that facebook and similar social media sites are banned in China? I want to know if I will be able to access my facebook from Shanghai.

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

independent travel

Yunnan Sheng Jun 22, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Hi,

I want to do independent travel to Yunnan and Guizhou. My interests are minority culture and photography.

However, I have not done independent travel in that part of China before and don't know how to tackle the logistics. I have heard that getting around in that part of China is not easy.

I have three weeks and want to cover Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Jianshui, and Yueyang Rice Terraces in Yunnan before heading to Huanguoshu Falls, Zhijin Caves, and the Miao and Dong villages aroind Kaili in Guizhou.

If anyone has advice, please let me know.

Thank you

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Shanghai to Seoul by ferry

China Jul 18, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Is there any ferry service from Shanghai or any other closer city to Seoul? How much does it cost?

more
    • Do I have a problem??

Beijing Jul 16, 2014 at 7:04 AM

DO I HAVE A VISA PROBLEM

I am visiting China later this year from Aug 28 to Feb 3 and have already booked my flights. Total stay in China for158 days on a ‘L’ visa as I’m touring.
      I’ve got a visa for 60 days double entry (total 120 days), and I’ve been told I can get an extension for a further 30 days at a police station. This makes 150 days in total. Here is the question :- Can I obtain a further extension for the remaining 8 days. The Chinese embassy in Manchester says I will only find out when I'm in China. But I would like to know now so I can adjust my return flight date.

more
    • What things to do in sanya?

by alunduo007 Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 7:18 PM

What things to do in sanya? is it beautiful city? what about the agent of http://www.freesanya.com?

1 Answer Mar 15, 2014 at 1:44 AM
    • eve_d's Profile Photo

Excursions

by eve_d Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I'm travelling to Sanya in July and I i want to visit some other city that would be interesting to see and quite close to Sanya. I'm on budget, so a definite no to star cruises to Vietnam. Hong Kong would be perfect, but I have no clue how to get there. Any suggestions?
      Thanks

1 Answer Apr 22, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    • Coral Reefs viewing

by shweekend Online Now Mar 24, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Anyone knows where is a good place to go view coral reefs?

(never done this before, also...can't swim)

Will be living in Yalong area, and the pictures of the clear underwater with fishes and corals look stunning!

Welcome recommendations!
      Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 5:19 AM
    • Resort Golden Palm

by shweekend Online Now Mar 24, 2010 at 2:53 AM

Going with my bf to Yalong Bay and reserved Resort Golden Palm this Easter. However, on checking the pictures, the rooms seem old and ther'es exactly 1 pool. Does anyone know anything about this hotel and if it was good? (does it even have a bathtub?) Or how about the food or eating in nearby places?

Concerns:
      1. single pool will be crowded with kids family etc.
      2. room seems old....
      3. prefer a bathtub

Looking to reconnect and rejuvenate again as couple, and prefer a warm room ;)
      Budget 500-600 RMB per night.

THanks!

1 Answer Mar 31, 2010 at 5:15 AM
    • eating in yalong bay

by joysox Online Now Mar 8, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Is there a supermarket near the cactus resort in yalong bay to buy food/drinks etc also is there any
      local restaurants to eat in rather than hotels

1 Answer Mar 9, 2010 at 12:55 AM
    • motobike rental in sanya

by DavidNovak Online Now Sep 28, 2009 at 4:34 AM

Hi I will go to Sanya next week. I have interest rental motobike. can you help me?

6 Answers Sep 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM
    • Tanjavd's Profile Photo

Weather in SANYA

by Tanjavd Online Now Jul 26, 2009 at 10:37 AM

We are planning to visit Sanya in Dec/Jan 09. What is the weather like then?
      Would you choose to go to Sanya or Shanghai?

2 Answers Jul 30, 2009 at 12:20 AM
    • ChinaNN's Profile Photo

Anyone wants to travel to Sanya?(Hainan province,China)

by ChinaNN Online Now Jun 5, 2009 at 8:07 AM

hi dear all,
      As the summer is on the way.It's the best time to travel to sanya..A beautiful city locates in Hainan province,China.
      I am planning a trip to sanya on July or August with few of my girlfriends.Anybody wants to go may join us...

Here is the link of some pics:
      image.baidu.com/i?tn=baiduim...

• Haikou-Hainan-Sanya

by leonghyi Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 4:35 AM

Hi there,

I would like to visit Haikou-Hainan-Sanya around End April - 1st week of May for 4-5Nights, can anyone advise on the weather?

We're looking at accomodation at around RMB500+ per night. Any recommendation and will it be cheaper if we were to book upon arrival?

Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 29, 2009 at 1:08 AM
    • the cost of living

by thebigone Online Now Jan 23, 2009 at 5:07 AM

i would like to know the cost of living on the island i.e the price of a alcoholic drinks eating out day trips all the things people like to do on holiday is the island clean anything of help really

1 Answer Jan 29, 2009 at 1:04 AM
    • naturalbornflier's Profile Photo

URGENT - Advice needed

by naturalbornflier Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 3:56 AM

HI
      I have booked an 8 day stay at Aegean Conifer REsort in May. I booked through sanyatravelguide.com. I wired the full amount to them but it has been over a month and they have not recieved. Is this a legitimate travel agency?

If i cancel, where can you recommend. There are 4 adults, and we like, beach, very nice rooms, bar etc

Many thanks
      NaturalBornFlier

2 Answers Jan 7, 2009 at 6:36 AM
    • any reliable taxi service?

by leechihang Online Now Nov 11, 2008 at 5:42 AM

Hi, do you know any contacts of reliable taxi service? I'm from Hong Kong and I can understand Mandarin.

1 Answer Nov 11, 2008 at 4:28 PM
    • Resort Intime

by leechihang Online Now Nov 2, 2008 at 5:50 AM

Has anyone heard of Resort Intime? Is it a good hotel?

2 Answers Nov 11, 2008 at 5:44 AM
    • transport from Sanya Airport

by leechihang Online Now Nov 1, 2008 at 6:39 PM

Hi, how can I get to Narada Tropical Resort from Sanya Airport? The hotel said it has a pick-up service but it charges me RMB500. Is that too expensive?

6 Answers Nov 7, 2008 at 9:05 PM
    • naturalbornflier's Profile Photo

rumours that sanya is expensive?

by naturalbornflier Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 2:30 AM

HI
      We wereplanning to stay in Sanya for a week in May but have since been told that it is expensive. £2.50 for a coke etc. Is this true?

All we wanted to do was have a week on a beach, spoil ourselves. Any ideas on decent hotels, dont mind paying for acommodation but cant afford silly money for drinks food etc

Help would be much appreciated
      Thanks

3 Answers Sep 22, 2008 at 3:47 PM
    • Holiday Inn in Sanya

by Brett-Wallace Online Now Aug 11, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Hi,
      I am planning to stay in Holiday Inn in Yalong Bay in Sanya. Are there any shops/restaurants to buy food/drink nearby or do I need to rely on the hotel? Is food/drink expensive in the hotels?
      Thanks
      Monika :)

2 Answers Aug 18, 2008 at 2:38 AM
    • Scooters in Sanya

by Brett-Wallace Online Now Aug 10, 2008 at 2:46 AM

I would like to spend a couple of weeks in Sanya in November. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to hire a motorbike/scooter in Sanya. If so where from and how much does it cost?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2010 at 4:08 AM
    • Beaches in Yalong Bay and Sanya Bay

by gtansy Online Now Aug 2, 2008 at 9:36 AM

Hi, my family and I are planning to take a few days vacation in Sanya at the end of August. The hotel descriptions aren't very clear as to how far the beaches are. Can anyone tell me how far the beach is from the Crowne Plaza Hotel or the Holiday Inn Hotel in Yalong Bay?

The Holiday Inn at Sanya bay says it has a beach front, is this beach good, or should I stick to Yalong Bay?

Thanks.

5 Answers Aug 11, 2008 at 8:13 PM
    • Sanya

by Brett-Wallace Online Now Aug 2, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Hello VT’ers

We are thinking of Sanya for one month from mid October-mid November.
      Can anybody tell me if the weather is good then or should we move the dates back or forward a few weeks.
      When is the busiest time for tourists, is there a time we should try and avoid?

Also can anybody recommend a 3* or 4* hotel as we have no idea where is good/safe to stay?

Thanks

Brett

6 Answers Aug 6, 2008 at 7:27 AM
    • Flights from Zhu Hai or Macau to Sanya

by Woja Online Now Jun 24, 2008 at 4:40 AM

I trying to fly to Sanya from either Zhu Hai or Macau and cannot locate an airline that flies direct - does anybody know of one?

3 Answers Sep 28, 2009 at 4:45 AM
    • dgrundy's Profile Photo

What sort of electrical service can I expect in Sanya, China?

by dgrundy Online Now Nov 17, 2007 at 2:26 PM

I am traveling to Sanya, China soon for a business conference. I will be staying at the Hilton Resort. I am wondering if anyone knows what type of electrical connections I can expect there? 110? 220? What type of plugs?
      Thanks for your help.

7 Answers Nov 23, 2007 at 10:10 AM
    • Flight Bejing-Sanya

by frankdalian Online Now Nov 3, 2007 at 12:04 PM

I want to flight on the 6th or 7th of january from bejing to sanya. We would like to spent there 10 days until the 17th of january. I have checked elong already, is there an other (cheaper) opportunity. I am already in dalian, china. Do you recommend to visit a chinese travel agency in dalian (a local can join me, so the language should be not a problem)

2 Answers Jan 18, 2008 at 12:57 AM
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

One day in Sanya

by Donna_in_India Online Now Oct 26, 2007 at 12:28 AM

Hi - we'll be coming to Sanya for one day on a cruise ship. We'd like to tour on our own. Will we find transporation at the pier or can we make arrangements before we arrive? Also, what should we see? Thanks.

4 Answers Jan 20, 2008 at 5:30 PM
    • visa on arrival ?

by janiced Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 8:51 PM

Hi! I'm a US citizen trying to travel on my own to Sanya. I heard that there might be visa on arrival available, as long as I don't go to any other location in China other than Sanya. Is this true ? Appreciate your help !

6 Answers Sep 10, 2007 at 12:08 AM
    • How could I go to downtown/Dai Dong Hai Bay area from Kempinski Hotel by public transport?

by yeungrita113 Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 7:11 PM

I'm thinking of staying in the newly built Kempinski Hotel this Christmas. But since the hotel doesn't provide any shuttle bus service, does any one know if there's any public bus running to and from the Kempinski Hotel area to downtown of Sanya and to Dai Dong Hai Bay also (cos I want to go to the 'Spring Garden' seafood market for meals)? May I know the bus no. and is it running frequently? Is the bus stop near the Hotel? And is the same bus no. going back to Kempinski Hotel area also? Where should I take it when I am in downtown?

Besides, any good massage centre (traditional chinese massage and not spa)in downtown also? What's the name and how do they charge? Many thanks!

1 Answer Aug 30, 2007 at 10:06 PM
    • harrischen's Profile Photo

Sanya 1 week in mid Sept. 2008

by harrischen Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Hi,
      Any friends out there know a good travel guide or companion in Sanya that know all the exciting places for night life sport fishing and diving.
      Thanks in advance
      Harris

2 Answers Jan 17, 2008 at 11:47 PM
    • Weather

by plasticsurgerydoc Online Now Aug 7, 2007 at 4:28 PM

I am looking to travel to sanya at the end of september or beginning of October. How much rain is there at that time and what is the weather like.
      thank you

3 Answers Jan 18, 2008 at 12:34 AM
    • Raining?

by bambi_hk Online Now Jun 10, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking into Sanya for a weekend getaway in 2 week's time..
      What's the weather like these days though, it's rainy in HK so I'm worried it will be quite similar in Sanya as well.....?
      I don't mind cloudy but rainy is no good as we won't be able to sit by the pool at all!

Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 25, 2007 at 1:53 AM
    • holiday i sanya

by whitfm031 Online Now May 16, 2007 at 1:24 PM

This may sound a bit cheeky but I am just wondering How difficult will it be for english speaking people on holiday to be understtod outwith their hotels as I have read that mandarin is the only language spoken in shops , restaurants and taxis.
      Hope somebody can help
      Thanks

7 Answers Jul 23, 2007 at 8:28 AM
    • jamesandsarah2002's Profile Photo

water shops in yalong bay and kiddy friendly resturants

by jamesandsarah2002 Online Now Apr 29, 2007 at 4:05 PM

hi all,

1) are there any water shops or supermarkets in yalong bay. our hotel charges 30 rmb per small water !!! we have small kids and require milk etc for parts of the day.

3) the hotel we are staying is horzon is very nice but not many kidy friendly options
      we are staying breakfast only.

we think we need to take a taxi to sanya any advice appreciated

4 Answers May 2, 2007 at 4:43 AM