Sanya

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 9 days - Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila

Lijiang Apr 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I am planning a 9 days trip to China where I will be flying into Lijiang and hoping to cover Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila. I would like to do some trekking and explore around to understand the local way of life.

Some help in my planning is greatly appreciated:
      1. How many days should I spend in each of the places?
      2. How do I go from one place to another? Do I have to book in advance or will i be able to just do it via the guesthouse?
      3. How long is the travel from place to place? I am particularly concerned about the treks where I might require a stayover? Which are the ones I should look out for so I can factor that in my planning.

THANK YOU very much!

more
    • transport and driver

Nanchong Apr 1, 2014 at 6:21 AM

i need to travel from Nanchong to Ciangxi county about 100 km. I wish to hire transport and driver or is it cheap by taxi?

more
    • HossamM's Profile Photo

How can I reach Zigong from Suzhou?

Zigong Mar 21, 2014 at 7:25 AM

I am travelling to Suzhou next week. I will be staying in Shilla Hotel Jinji Lake. And I want to visit Zigong Dinosaur museum during Sunday. How can I reach Zigong Dinosaur Museum from Suzhou? I couldn't find a direct train from Suzhou to Zigong. How can I reach Zigong through train or internal flight? I know the road is very long between Suzhou & Zigong, that's why I excluded automobile or bus transportation.

more
    • Nanning transport

Nanning Mar 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM

What's the coach fare from Nanning to Bama longevity village and travelling time as well as what frequency ? Thanks on advance for a response.

more
    • btin's Profile Photo

Where to stay in ShenZhen - convenient & safe

Shenzhen 5 hours ago

Hi all
      We heading from HongKong to Shenzhen.
      Probably staying for 2 nites.
      Should we put up in Luohu area or Futian?
      Heard there is a Kai Li Hotel.
      Any advice is appreciated.

thanks/Christine

more
    • Tibet permit rule in 2014

Tibet Apr 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Is it true we Taiwan people can not travel with Chinese or western man? I read the notice on the site travelwestchina.com/news/531... Anybody here can clarify? I plan to join in my American friends' group.

more
    • Hiking from jinshanlin to Simitai without a guide?

China Apr 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Hello,

I'm visiting Beijing this summer, and I really want to hike on the great wall from Jinshanlin to Simitai.Unfortunately, the organized trips are quite expensive.
      So my question to you is whether it is possible to hike this part of the great wall on your own. Or are there chances I might get lost or might not be able to fix transport?

Many thanks in advance :-)

Pieter

more
    • Bus from Nanning to Suzhou

Suzhou Apr 14, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Is there any bus from Nanning to Suzhou?

more
    • What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit

Zhangjiajie Apr 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit? We are going to What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit and were trying to find other places around there that might have Buddhist Caves or temples that are worth seeing.

thanks

more
    • Pet's Accessories

Guangzhou Apr 9, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Where can I shop for retail pet's accessories in Guangzhou?

more
    • Thai food in Hangzhou

Hangzhou Apr 6, 2014 at 3:08 AM

What is the best Thai restaurant in Hangzhou?

more
    • Zhuhai - Qing Yuan

Qingyuan Apr 3, 2014 at 7:01 PM

From which bus station in Zhuhai do I get a bus to Qing Yuan?

more
    • Life in Ningbo for an expat

Ningbo Mar 30, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Hello,
      I have taught in China and Thailand but never Ningbo. How does it rate as far as a good place to live and teach for one from the USA that enjoys life and friends. How is the food and what about the level of pollution? What is the best and worst of Ningbo?
      Thanks, Wade

more
    • Billshng's Profile Photo

getting around Taishan

Taishan Mar 30, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Taishan is rather big but my grandparent village is Sai Chat, Nam Wah cheun (village), and it does not appear anywhere in the map. Any body knows where it is situated in Taishan (Hoisan)??

more
    • Intercon Resort Paradise Jiuzhaigou Hotel

Jiuzhaigou Mar 25, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Is this hotel within short walking distance to the National Park?

more
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Great Wall of China Badaling Section

China Apr 9, 2014 at 3:45 AM

Hi all! I'm going to China and part of the tour takes me to the Badaling section of the Great Wall. I only have 2 hours there :( and wondering what my best options are for getting some good photos and seeing the best part of the wall (from there obviously)...should I go north or south or ???? Am I best to take off and see how far I can get in almost an hour then wander back or ???? I'll arrive there at 5 pm - hoping it's not dark by then in mid May too. Any suggestions welcome. :)

more
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Airport, Accomodation, Itinerary

Shanghai Shi Apr 1, 2014 at 1:48 AM

First time visiting Shanghai with 2 pax, around 7D6N during end of May 2014. Wish the itinerary won't be that compact and change hotel so frequent, also not very interested to musuem and gallery. Can please advice me how to arrange this 7D6N itinerary?

Since I yet buy flight ticket, which Shanghai airport is more nearer and convenient for tourist? Pudong or HongQiao?

For accomodation, my budget is around 600yuan per night. clean, near subway and nice location. Any suggestion?

more
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

advices needed for choosing travel agency

Tibet Apr 1, 2014 at 1:30 AM

we will travel to Tibet during September 2014 in a group. So far, we have 3 travel agencies had made their quotation to us. the price is almost the same. Therefore, we really need experts here to advice us, which has better reputation and services:

1. http://tibethighlandtours.com/
      2. http://www.tibettravel.com/
      3. http://www.tibetodysseytours.com/

Please advice us. Thanks!

more
    • Backpacking in China

China Mar 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM

My husband and I would like to travel to China backpacking. We are both British. I understand that we need an invitation. How can we obtain the invitation.
      Thank you
      Monika

more
    • good hotels in lijiang for two nights

Lijiang Apr 1, 2014 at 4:56 AM

can anyone recommend a hotel they have stayed in recently. clean and good size and not too expensive comfort range slightly below expensive class
      thank you

more
    • FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Buying fast G train ticket right before departure (Beijing South to Shanghai)?

Beijing Apr 3, 2014 at 5:59 AM

I will land in BJ early afternoon (from USA), but I do not want to pre-purchase a ticket (in case of miss it due to traffic etc.). Can I buy a ticket at the Beijing South train station for the immediate next departure train to Shanghai (I am an American)?

Or do I really have to pre-purchase online? Any suggestion on which website to buy (ctrip.com???). If I miss the train I have the ticket for, would it be too much trouble having to have the ticket (for the missed train) refund first, then but another one?

I am leaving tomorrow, any quick advice would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

more
    • 3 weeks in Hong-Kong, Guangzhou and Guilin

China Mar 29, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Hello dear travellers!

Me and my friend are planing to go to the southern parts of China in mid November and stay there for three weeks. We want to spend approximately 1,5 weeks in the bigger cities such as Hong-Kong, Macau and Guangzhou and spend approximately 1,5 weeks on a trip in the countryside surrounding Guilin with the final destination of Guilin.

First of all we are wondering if this seems doable given our period of time.
      Secondly we would like to get feedback about these destinations and if there is anything special (sights, cities etc) in the vicinity that you'd recommend we see (or if there is any cities nearby that might be of more interest?)

Best regards
      The happy travellers Joactor

more
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Is China safe for 2 females travelling alone?

China Yesterday

I will be going to China with my mother in May and wondered if it is safe to travel 'alone' as just 2 females down in southern China - Guilin/Yangshuo/Longsheng areas?? TIA :)

more
    • fraud, varifacation this is legitament

China Apr 9, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Ling Chen

Customer Care

Virtual Tourist Travels

Tel: (0086) 157-6889-8352 is this part of your company im tring to buy a vissa for my girlfriend they want me send money western union

more
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Recommendations for safe night activities for female traveler

Shanghai Apr 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Hello,

i will be visiting Shanghai in May and was wondering if there are any good recommendations for night activities? Are the drinking/cocktail places safe?

Appreciate any suggestions or advice!

more
    • What things to do in sanya?

by alunduo007 Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 7:18 PM

What things to do in sanya? is it beautiful city? what about the agent of http://www.freesanya.com?

1 Answer Mar 15, 2014 at 1:44 AM
    • eve_d's Profile Photo

Excursions

by eve_d Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I'm travelling to Sanya in July and I i want to visit some other city that would be interesting to see and quite close to Sanya. I'm on budget, so a definite no to star cruises to Vietnam. Hong Kong would be perfect, but I have no clue how to get there. Any suggestions?
      Thanks

1 Answer Apr 22, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    • Coral Reefs viewing

by shweekend Online Now Mar 24, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Anyone knows where is a good place to go view coral reefs?

(never done this before, also...can't swim)

Will be living in Yalong area, and the pictures of the clear underwater with fishes and corals look stunning!

Welcome recommendations!
      Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 5:19 AM
    • Resort Golden Palm

by shweekend Online Now Mar 24, 2010 at 2:53 AM

Going with my bf to Yalong Bay and reserved Resort Golden Palm this Easter. However, on checking the pictures, the rooms seem old and ther'es exactly 1 pool. Does anyone know anything about this hotel and if it was good? (does it even have a bathtub?) Or how about the food or eating in nearby places?

Concerns:
      1. single pool will be crowded with kids family etc.
      2. room seems old....
      3. prefer a bathtub

Looking to reconnect and rejuvenate again as couple, and prefer a warm room ;)
      Budget 500-600 RMB per night.

THanks!

1 Answer Mar 31, 2010 at 5:15 AM
    • eating in yalong bay

by joysox Online Now Mar 8, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Is there a supermarket near the cactus resort in yalong bay to buy food/drinks etc also is there any
      local restaurants to eat in rather than hotels

1 Answer Mar 9, 2010 at 12:55 AM
    • motobike rental in sanya

by DavidNovak Online Now Sep 28, 2009 at 4:34 AM

Hi I will go to Sanya next week. I have interest rental motobike. can you help me?

6 Answers Sep 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM
    • Tanjavd's Profile Photo

Weather in SANYA

by Tanjavd Online Now Jul 26, 2009 at 10:37 AM

We are planning to visit Sanya in Dec/Jan 09. What is the weather like then?
      Would you choose to go to Sanya or Shanghai?

2 Answers Jul 30, 2009 at 12:20 AM
    • ChinaNN's Profile Photo

Anyone wants to travel to Sanya?(Hainan province,China)

by ChinaNN Online Now Jun 5, 2009 at 8:07 AM

hi dear all,
      As the summer is on the way.It's the best time to travel to sanya..A beautiful city locates in Hainan province,China.
      I am planning a trip to sanya on July or August with few of my girlfriends.Anybody wants to go may join us...

Here is the link of some pics:
      image.baidu.com/i?tn=baiduim...

• Haikou-Hainan-Sanya

by leonghyi Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 4:35 AM

Hi there,

I would like to visit Haikou-Hainan-Sanya around End April - 1st week of May for 4-5Nights, can anyone advise on the weather?

We're looking at accomodation at around RMB500+ per night. Any recommendation and will it be cheaper if we were to book upon arrival?

Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 29, 2009 at 1:08 AM
    • the cost of living

by thebigone Online Now Jan 23, 2009 at 5:07 AM

i would like to know the cost of living on the island i.e the price of a alcoholic drinks eating out day trips all the things people like to do on holiday is the island clean anything of help really

1 Answer Jan 29, 2009 at 1:04 AM
    • naturalbornflier's Profile Photo

URGENT - Advice needed

by naturalbornflier Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 3:56 AM

HI
      I have booked an 8 day stay at Aegean Conifer REsort in May. I booked through sanyatravelguide.com. I wired the full amount to them but it has been over a month and they have not recieved. Is this a legitimate travel agency?

If i cancel, where can you recommend. There are 4 adults, and we like, beach, very nice rooms, bar etc

Many thanks
      NaturalBornFlier

2 Answers Jan 7, 2009 at 6:36 AM
    • any reliable taxi service?

by leechihang Online Now Nov 11, 2008 at 5:42 AM

Hi, do you know any contacts of reliable taxi service? I'm from Hong Kong and I can understand Mandarin.

1 Answer Nov 11, 2008 at 4:28 PM
    • Resort Intime

by leechihang Online Now Nov 2, 2008 at 5:50 AM

Has anyone heard of Resort Intime? Is it a good hotel?

2 Answers Nov 11, 2008 at 5:44 AM
    • transport from Sanya Airport

by leechihang Online Now Nov 1, 2008 at 6:39 PM

Hi, how can I get to Narada Tropical Resort from Sanya Airport? The hotel said it has a pick-up service but it charges me RMB500. Is that too expensive?

6 Answers Nov 7, 2008 at 9:05 PM
    • naturalbornflier's Profile Photo

rumours that sanya is expensive?

by naturalbornflier Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 2:30 AM

HI
      We wereplanning to stay in Sanya for a week in May but have since been told that it is expensive. £2.50 for a coke etc. Is this true?

All we wanted to do was have a week on a beach, spoil ourselves. Any ideas on decent hotels, dont mind paying for acommodation but cant afford silly money for drinks food etc

Help would be much appreciated
      Thanks

3 Answers Sep 22, 2008 at 3:47 PM
    • Holiday Inn in Sanya

by Brett-Wallace Online Now Aug 11, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Hi,
      I am planning to stay in Holiday Inn in Yalong Bay in Sanya. Are there any shops/restaurants to buy food/drink nearby or do I need to rely on the hotel? Is food/drink expensive in the hotels?
      Thanks
      Monika :)

2 Answers Aug 18, 2008 at 2:38 AM
    • Scooters in Sanya

by Brett-Wallace Online Now Aug 10, 2008 at 2:46 AM

I would like to spend a couple of weeks in Sanya in November. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to hire a motorbike/scooter in Sanya. If so where from and how much does it cost?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2010 at 4:08 AM
    • Beaches in Yalong Bay and Sanya Bay

by gtansy Online Now Aug 2, 2008 at 9:36 AM

Hi, my family and I are planning to take a few days vacation in Sanya at the end of August. The hotel descriptions aren't very clear as to how far the beaches are. Can anyone tell me how far the beach is from the Crowne Plaza Hotel or the Holiday Inn Hotel in Yalong Bay?

The Holiday Inn at Sanya bay says it has a beach front, is this beach good, or should I stick to Yalong Bay?

Thanks.

5 Answers Aug 11, 2008 at 8:13 PM
    • Sanya

by Brett-Wallace Online Now Aug 2, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Hello VT’ers

We are thinking of Sanya for one month from mid October-mid November.
      Can anybody tell me if the weather is good then or should we move the dates back or forward a few weeks.
      When is the busiest time for tourists, is there a time we should try and avoid?

Also can anybody recommend a 3* or 4* hotel as we have no idea where is good/safe to stay?

Thanks

Brett

6 Answers Aug 6, 2008 at 7:27 AM
    • Flights from Zhu Hai or Macau to Sanya

by Woja Online Now Jun 24, 2008 at 4:40 AM

I trying to fly to Sanya from either Zhu Hai or Macau and cannot locate an airline that flies direct - does anybody know of one?

3 Answers Sep 28, 2009 at 4:45 AM
    • dgrundy's Profile Photo

What sort of electrical service can I expect in Sanya, China?

by dgrundy Online Now Nov 17, 2007 at 2:26 PM

I am traveling to Sanya, China soon for a business conference. I will be staying at the Hilton Resort. I am wondering if anyone knows what type of electrical connections I can expect there? 110? 220? What type of plugs?
      Thanks for your help.

7 Answers Nov 23, 2007 at 10:10 AM
    • Flight Bejing-Sanya

by frankdalian Online Now Nov 3, 2007 at 12:04 PM

I want to flight on the 6th or 7th of january from bejing to sanya. We would like to spent there 10 days until the 17th of january. I have checked elong already, is there an other (cheaper) opportunity. I am already in dalian, china. Do you recommend to visit a chinese travel agency in dalian (a local can join me, so the language should be not a problem)

2 Answers Jan 18, 2008 at 12:57 AM
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

One day in Sanya

by Donna_in_India Online Now Oct 26, 2007 at 12:28 AM

Hi - we'll be coming to Sanya for one day on a cruise ship. We'd like to tour on our own. Will we find transporation at the pier or can we make arrangements before we arrive? Also, what should we see? Thanks.

4 Answers Jan 20, 2008 at 5:30 PM
    • visa on arrival ?

by janiced Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 8:51 PM

Hi! I'm a US citizen trying to travel on my own to Sanya. I heard that there might be visa on arrival available, as long as I don't go to any other location in China other than Sanya. Is this true ? Appreciate your help !

6 Answers Sep 10, 2007 at 12:08 AM
    • How could I go to downtown/Dai Dong Hai Bay area from Kempinski Hotel by public transport?

by yeungrita113 Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 7:11 PM

I'm thinking of staying in the newly built Kempinski Hotel this Christmas. But since the hotel doesn't provide any shuttle bus service, does any one know if there's any public bus running to and from the Kempinski Hotel area to downtown of Sanya and to Dai Dong Hai Bay also (cos I want to go to the 'Spring Garden' seafood market for meals)? May I know the bus no. and is it running frequently? Is the bus stop near the Hotel? And is the same bus no. going back to Kempinski Hotel area also? Where should I take it when I am in downtown?

Besides, any good massage centre (traditional chinese massage and not spa)in downtown also? What's the name and how do they charge? Many thanks!

1 Answer Aug 30, 2007 at 10:06 PM
    • harrischen's Profile Photo

Sanya 1 week in mid Sept. 2008

by harrischen Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Hi,
      Any friends out there know a good travel guide or companion in Sanya that know all the exciting places for night life sport fishing and diving.
      Thanks in advance
      Harris

2 Answers Jan 17, 2008 at 11:47 PM
    • Weather

by plasticsurgerydoc Online Now Aug 7, 2007 at 4:28 PM

I am looking to travel to sanya at the end of september or beginning of October. How much rain is there at that time and what is the weather like.
      thank you

3 Answers Jan 18, 2008 at 12:34 AM
    • Raining?

by bambi_hk Online Now Jun 10, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking into Sanya for a weekend getaway in 2 week's time..
      What's the weather like these days though, it's rainy in HK so I'm worried it will be quite similar in Sanya as well.....?
      I don't mind cloudy but rainy is no good as we won't be able to sit by the pool at all!

Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 25, 2007 at 1:53 AM
    • holiday i sanya

by whitfm031 Online Now May 16, 2007 at 1:24 PM

This may sound a bit cheeky but I am just wondering How difficult will it be for english speaking people on holiday to be understtod outwith their hotels as I have read that mandarin is the only language spoken in shops , restaurants and taxis.
      Hope somebody can help
      Thanks

7 Answers Jul 23, 2007 at 8:28 AM
    • jamesandsarah2002's Profile Photo

water shops in yalong bay and kiddy friendly resturants

by jamesandsarah2002 Online Now Apr 29, 2007 at 4:05 PM

hi all,

1) are there any water shops or supermarkets in yalong bay. our hotel charges 30 rmb per small water !!! we have small kids and require milk etc for parts of the day.

3) the hotel we are staying is horzon is very nice but not many kidy friendly options
      we are staying breakfast only.

we think we need to take a taxi to sanya any advice appreciated

4 Answers May 2, 2007 at 4:43 AM