Sanur Travel Answers

change location

Things to do in Sanur ??

by RobnJulia Online Now Apr 3, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Hi
We are a couple in our 50's from Adelaide , South Australia, traveling to Bali at the end of April and staying in Sanur. Anyone have any suggestions of thing to do , particulary at night ? We have our days pretty much planned out but are stuck for ideas for some fun night life in the area. We would also be very interested in meeting other travelers of similar age to share car hire etc.
Cheers
Rob and Julia

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Re: Things to do in Sanur ??

by sheherezad Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 7:25 AM

Take a taxi into Kuta? ;-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Stepwalk's Profile Photo

by Stepwalk Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Sheherazad is right, there's really not a lot of nightlife in Sanur. There are some bars in the couple of larger hotels but I wouldn't say it's particularly lively! :-)

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

by IreneMcKay Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 7:12 PM

There are places to eat and drink in Sanur. When we stayed there we sightseed all day; came home went swimming; had a meal and some drinks; relaxed in our room went to bed. On one evening we booked to go to a cultural dance show (it was in Ubud) but we were picked up from our hotel and dropped off back there. Sanur is OK. I liked it, less hassley than Kuta.

• Re: Things to do in Sanur ??

by RobnJulia Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Thank you Irene , we ae looking forward to a nice relaxing holiday

• Stepwalk's Profile Photo

by Stepwalk Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Sorry, I should have added in my previous reply that my wife and I are also in our 50's and aren't into the younger bar/club scene. However, we do like eating at the local cafes and Sanur was fine for that without the frenetic pace of Kuta: we enjoyed Sanur.

• Re: Things to do in Sanur ??

by RobnJulia Online Now Apr 6, 2011 at 7:07 PM

We are not into the clubs and bar scene of Kuta , but we are looking forward to letting our hair down and hopefully meet new friends from Australia and abroad. We are planning to do a lot more traveling over the next few years.
    Rob and Julia

by sheherezad Online Now Apr 6, 2011 at 8:15 PM

It's not just clubs and letting your hair down in Kuta.. There is much more e.g. restaurants like Ibu Yani's in Kuta (and Seminyak) and spas etc etc though I revisited the Bounty after 12 years to check it out in view of its interesting set up ;-)

Enjoy walking along the beach etc in Sanur - in case you hadn't noticed, I actually stayed there (twice) - do check my Bali pages and 'Sheherezad's other travels' page? :-) Cheers!

by sheherezad Online Now Apr 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM

FYI the pic in "More of Sheherezad's Travels..." - Personal Page by sheherezad with the caption: "Kuta - the night before the bombing" was taken in Ibu Yani's restaurant - very interesting place with life music (then) and a spa upstairs where we had our Balinese lulur spa treatment before dinner! Try the crispy duck with Balinese bumbu - yummy! :-)

Do check out also "Land of the Gods" - Bali by sheherezad with anothe pic of Sanur beach and a tip on the hotel I stayed in at Sanur (I would stay there, again, if I were to go back to Bali, neve4r Kuta!).

Cheers! :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines