Sanur Travel Answers

change location

Hotels in Sanur

by VinayDoc Online Now Sep 9, 2010 at 4:11 AM

Hi. Can someone suggest good mid-range accomodation in Sanur? My wife and I will be spending our fifth anniversary there mid-November. I have a budget of about 80-100 USD per night. Saw good reviews on tripadvisor for this place called Villa Puri Ayu. Any opinions? And is it a good idea to pre-book? Could use some VT help with this. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Josh-Portland's Profile Photo

Re: Hotels in Sanur

by Josh-Portland Online Now Oct 19, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I am staying at the Villa Puri Ayu right now. We're staying in the 2 bedroom apartment which is walled off with it's own garden and we're very happy so far with everything. The puddled path to the beach isn't a big deal, just bring some flip flops with you if you're wearing shoes that you don't want to get wet as there are shallow puddles in the path that you can't avoid. The reason you might bring walking shoes is that the brick-paved beach path is something like 5 km long. Make sure to walk north up Sanur on the beach walk up to the Hyatt's beach, it's the only one so far that's really a beach to me. The others north from here up to the Hyatt's weren't clean and were wall-to-wall boats.

More information to come.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Josh-Portland's Profile Photo

Re: Hotels in Sanur

by Josh-Portland Online Now Nov 5, 2010 at 9:02 PM

To follow up the earlier reply, the beaches to the south and west of the Villa Puri Ayu were fairly nice, especially the ones in front of the Sanur Beach and Mercure hotels. Lots of shade and the beaches are kept clean, though not all the way down to the water, which I only saw at the Hyatt.

The Villa Puri Ayu was a relaxing place to stay, the breakfast quite good, though there are a lot of other options around Sanur Beach if you want to look for something else. For example there is the Semawang Beach Hotel on the same alley as the Villa Puri Ayu.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines