Sanur Travel Answers

change location

Scuba Diving

by comps01 Online Now Jan 2, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Hi gang,

Looking at going to Sanur sometime in Feb or Mar 2010 and I'm keen to learn to scuba dive. Can anyone recommend somewhere to go IE a dive shop or somewhere that runs courses such as do any of the hotels run courses. We're looking at going for a couple of weeks and want to relax somewhere away from the hustle and bustle, any recommendations for a hotel or cottages? Are there any PADI or similar organisations close by to sanur?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers & Beers Dave

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • IdreamIam's Profile Photo

Re: Scuba Diving

by IdreamIam Online Now Jan 2, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Not that I am into diving but when we were staying in Sanur last year my niece wanted to do the second part of her diving course (which I believe was with Padi) to get it out of the way, we were staying at Tamukami and the school/company was almost across the road, I can't recomment Tamukami Hotel highly enough but there are heaps of hotels all of varying prices. If you need more information please contact me at caedmunds@optusnet.com.au and I will ask my niece for the details if you can't find it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Jan 3, 2010 at 5:41 AM

Try:

bidp-balidiving.com/eng/abou...

http://www.scubadivebali.com/

For relaxing away from hustle/bustle, there are a lot of places depends on your preference - either a beach hotel or hillside or rural rice paddies - go to the north, try the Rambutan Boutique Hotel in Kalibukbuk or Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa in Lovina. Or go to Ubud - Tegal Sari, or the Munduk Moding Plantation in Singaraja.

have fun!

• Ubudian's Profile Photo

by Ubudian Online Now Jan 3, 2010 at 8:46 AM

John Huxley of Eco Dive is your man. Web site:

http://www.ecodivebali.com/

• SnazzySnappa's Profile Photo

by SnazzySnappa Online Now Jan 6, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I just got back from Padang bay, Candidasa & Lovina

I would reccomend doing your open water Padi cert in Tullamben then go boat diving in Padang Bay, very nice out of the husle & bustle with turles, corals & nice beaches.
    you can stay anywhere you like with companys offering pick up from your hotel

I am doing my divemaster here so if you would like pricing or any info contact me through VT
    cheers

• SnazzySnappa's Profile Photo

by SnazzySnappa Online Now Jan 6, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I just got back from Padang bay, Candidasa & Lovina

I would reccomend doing your open water Padi cert in Tullamben then go boat diving in Padang Bay, very nice out of the husle & bustle with turles, corals & nice beaches.
    you can stay anywhere you like with companys offering pick up from your hotel

I am doing my divemaster here so if you would like pricing or any info contact me through VT
    cheers

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines