Sanur Travel Answers

change location

Kids, teenages and husbands - Sanur Hotel suggestions?

by shopoholic Online Now Sep 13, 2007 at 3:51 AM

We are a group of 2 families, 10 in total, in age range of 7y.o - 43y.o
We like the look of the Bali Hyatt, but are concerned it will be too$$.
Someone suggested the Puri Santrian? It looks good, but we don't want it to
be too small that we annoy other guests. The husbands refuse to stay in
Kuta - but want to be on the beach with a good bar, the teenagers don't want it to be too quiet - and want activities, the littles, just want to play at the beach and in the pool all day..... The wives just want NICE/CLEAN accommodation that satisfies all the requests. Help! if not the Hyatt can anyone suggest maybe a number 2 suggestion and a number 3 suggestion?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • BesarRahasia's Profile Photo

Re: Kids, teenages and husbands - Sanur Hotel suggestions?

by BesarRahasia Online Now Sep 13, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Hello,
    Lets try to be a little more helpful, First of all Sanur is definately more laid back than Kuta, there are a few things that your teenagers might want to do, but by and large it is geared for the older generation. So they might find it a bit boring. Kuta is about a 20 minute taxi ride away for them to visit and partake of the activities available, if you want them to.

Sanur has some nice Bars for your Husbands to sit in and Chill out with a few cold beers, and the beach is nice too. (although plenty of hawkers)

Puri Santrian is a good hotel nice and clean for you, with good facilities for the little ones. The Santrian is not a small resort, and there is plenty of room for your group to spread out so as not to "Annoy! the other guests (whatever that means)

There are other areas of Bali, which are worth considering.

Tanjung Benoa, this is an area where there is a lot more going on for the teenagers (not as busy as Kuta), it is very close to Nusa Dua, and ok for shopping etc. There is lenty of activities Watersport, beach games etc etc.

There is a good beach and some really nice bars and restaurants.

There are a number of good hotels there nice and clean,

"The Aston" for example has activities for the little ones, good beach and bar, not too expensive, and large enough for you to be of no bother!!!!

"Melia Benoa" is a little more expensive but is good, and you can get all inclusive deals there, so you don't have to worry about the husbands blowing money in the bar!!! LOL

There are some more I can give you in Tanjung give me e-mail if you need more info. (too much to put on this reply.)

There is another area called Legian, although it is very close to Kuta so your husbands might not want to be there (although I don't know why they refuse to stay in Kuta??)

Legian has some great bars restaurants, it has plenty of things going on for the teenagers, and is closer to the main shopping/life than the other two areas.
    The beach in Legian is good, although many hawkers.

Seminyak is also ok, although in my opinion there isn't really anything there that would meet your needs in every way.

You don't mention when you are thinking of coming, that also makes a difference as some areas are more busy than others.

Hope that has helped a bit more than previous poster.

Have a great time over here.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Kids, teenages and husbands - Sanur Hotel suggestions?

by Native_sumateran Online Now Sep 14, 2007 at 2:12 AM

Stay at Satriya Cottages there is a clean and nice swimming pool,place is in the area of Popies Lane II only less than 5 minutes walk to Kuta beach,10 minutes walk to legian where you can find bars,restaurants,shops,etc.
    Satriya Cottages is very Clean and not too expensive accomodation,really good for a family members too stay with all kind of activities around..

I was stay last april and that's whats my opinion about that place..

Cheers..

• BesarRahasia's Profile Photo

Re: Kids, teenages and husbands - Sanur Hotel suggestions?

by BesarRahasia Online Now Sep 15, 2007 at 6:01 PM

Well Gumpster27 my comments were based on the fact that it took me 4 minutes to stop laughing at your reply, and that I didn't want the poster to think that all VT'rs were unhelpfull

By the way I have a sweet life here. Thank you

Your reply to the poster was of no use and not helpful at all

1/ the poster clearly says that their husbands DONT want to stay in Kuta. so apart from not not only are you not able to remember the name of the hotel you stayed in (not much help there) except from it's on KUTA BEACH (again not much help, right in the middle of where they don't want to stay)The only thing useful you say about the hotel was that the "Dunny" kept overflowing very useful information.

2/ The poster said that they didn't want a small hotel being such a big party so as not to annoy other guests. What do you say (apart from not knowing the name of the hotel) that you reccommend they go a few streets in and they would be sweet, brilliant answer, very helpful

Try to get back to Bali soon, maybe you would be able to find the hotel with the overflowwing "Dunny" again (perhaps still overflowwing)or maybe you won't be able to find it, in which case ask the question on here and we will try to be helpful and give you sensible answers and advise., with perhaps a little bit of fun thrown in :)

By the way, you are not on your own, anyway, the next poster after me !!!! once again KUTA

• Re: Kids, teenages and husbands - Sanur Hotel suggestions?

by agustian Online Now Sep 15, 2007 at 10:02 PM

hi thre, in sanur, itis reasonable quiet area for the "oldies" but i dont think kids will enjoy it that much. sanur is not that overpriced than nusa dua and far "cleaner" than Kuta thankfully. When i was there there is also a place called Raddin sanur. Quite posh but surely few steps down from Hyatt in price. It is not right at the centre of the action but but worth to try.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines