Sanur Travel Answers

change location
leeandkate's Profile Photo

? sanur 4 holiday

by leeandkate Online Now Jan 3, 2005 at 11:31 AM

can anyone provide us with a quick overview of what sanur is like in october and what there is to do there? we are considering bali as a honeymoon destination. cheers lee and kate

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: ? sanur 4 holiday

by Happynoodleboy_uk Online Now Dec 23, 2005 at 3:03 AM

Stopped in Sanur in September this year. Very nice quiet resort, ideal for couples. Plenty of beachfront accomodation, I stopped in La Taverna which was a lovely little boutique hotel right on the beach, I'd highly recommend, although the Griya Santrian and Tandjung Sari looked equally nice. Lots of people stopped in the Grand Bali Beach which is a large hotel to the north of the resort, supposed to be expensive and looked characterless.

Not much to do there other than laze around on the beaches. You can go on boat trips, and also get transport to anywhere else on the island such as Ubud or Kuta. There are some excellent cafes and restaurants in Sanur, my personal fave was the Bonsai Cafe on the beach. There's a craft market just off the beach, although the sellers are a bit pushy, but nothing you can't handle. Down the main street are plenty of shops, and there's even an excellent fixed price department store called Hardys which is worth a look.

I found Sanur to be a good base for exploring the island, so you could have lazy days on the beach, or get some transport and explore. Depends what you like. Am hoping to go back to Sanur next October myself.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • baligogirl's Profile Photo

RE: ? sanur 4 holiday

by baligogirl Online Now Mar 9, 2006 at 1:55 AM

You for sure will LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stayed at the Bali Hyatt in Sanur for two days and nights, then stayed at the Bali Emerald Villas for an entire week. You can find the Bali Emerald Villas at : baliemeraldvillas.com/rental... Very nice. They have restaurants that serve practically everything there. The Hyatt has 5 restaurants I think. The Hyatt is good for weddings and honeymoons. They have packages I think. My boyfriend and I loved the people and the service. The price... even better. I would go snorkeling and scuba diving. You can rent a car as well. We got licenses to drive by paying15(American) to a local to hook us up. Email me for more....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines