change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ferry to Athens

by edsydney Online Now Apr 16, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Hi
      Traveling to Santorini June 17th (flying in -- expensive$$) thought we might get the ferry back to Athens (23rd)
      Is it best to buy tickets online OR buy them on Santorini, if so from where ??
      Thank you
      Ed

more
    • TravisE's Profile Photo

mens silver bracelets...

by TravisE Online Now Apr 17, 2015 at 6:34 AM

hi , its driving me crazy- i bought an amazing mens click on bracelet from santorini back in 2005, and sadly lost that bracelet..
      for the life of me cannot recall the shop- im assuming it was in Fira..as we were based around there for the week.
      all i recall is a grumpy shop owner,his fat tummy hanging out-but amazing jewellery and crafts.
      the bracelet was really unique, lots of detail design in it.
      if anyone has names and websites for some jewellery stores on santorini plz let me know.

thx.

more
    • How much are excursions

by Daventry95 Online Now Apr 11, 2015 at 2:59 AM

What is there to do in santorini and how much are excursions

more
    • How much spending money needed

by Daventry95 Online Now Apr 10, 2015 at 5:56 PM

I'm going to santorini in June for two weeks with my girlfriend b&b and was wondering how much money I will need per day if anyone can help?

more
    • TLC701's Profile Photo

Santorini Island, Greece

by TLC701 Online Now Apr 6, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Will be traveling to Santorini for the first time in October. I am bringing my niece along and want to make it a special trip before she gets married. If money weren't a concern, which location on the island and which hotel would you select?

Thanks!
      Terri

more
    • Bus services in Santorini

by gaurav14mtc Online Now Apr 17, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Hi,

I am going to Santorini in first week of May. I know that there is good bus services there and relatively cheaper. Is there any facility of taking bus pass for 24 hours so that everytime I use bus I don't have to pay.

more
    • Greece holiday in June 2015

by Kleinjan Online Now Apr 14, 2015 at 3:39 AM

We are a group of four going to Greece for nearly 4 weeks in June.
      We land in Athens and want to do island hopping from there.
      Want to do as much as possible, see as much as possible and make the most of it.
      Obviously Santorini, Mykonos and Ios is a must.
      Any advice where to go, which islands to visit, which parties are the best, best nude beaches to visit where, etc.
      In fact, we don't have an idea where to start planning and where to go, haha!
      We are a fun loving bunch, but would like to experience the "real" Greek way of living, not do the whole "tourist" thing.
      Any advice for planning our trip?

Thanks.

more
    • Bus services in Santorini

by gaurav14mtc Online Now Apr 17, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Hi,

I am going to Santorini in first week of May. I know that there is good bus services there and relatively cheaper. Is there any facility of taking bus pass for 24 hours so that everytime I use bus I don't have to pay.

7 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 6:36 AM
    • TravisE's Profile Photo

mens silver bracelets...

by TravisE Online Now Apr 17, 2015 at 6:34 AM

hi , its driving me crazy- i bought an amazing mens click on bracelet from santorini back in 2005, and sadly lost that bracelet..
      for the life of me cannot recall the shop- im assuming it was in Fira..as we were based around there for the week.
      all i recall is a grumpy shop owner,his fat tummy hanging out-but amazing jewellery and crafts.
      the bracelet was really unique, lots of detail design in it.
      if anyone has names and websites for some jewellery stores on santorini plz let me know.

thx.

4 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 5:36 AM
    • Ferry to Athens

by edsydney Online Now Apr 16, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Hi
      Traveling to Santorini June 17th (flying in -- expensive$$) thought we might get the ferry back to Athens (23rd)
      Is it best to buy tickets online OR buy them on Santorini, if so from where ??
      Thank you
      Ed

3 Answers Apr 17, 2015 at 6:48 PM
    • Greece holiday in June 2015

by Kleinjan Online Now Apr 14, 2015 at 3:39 AM

We are a group of four going to Greece for nearly 4 weeks in June.
      We land in Athens and want to do island hopping from there.
      Want to do as much as possible, see as much as possible and make the most of it.
      Obviously Santorini, Mykonos and Ios is a must.
      Any advice where to go, which islands to visit, which parties are the best, best nude beaches to visit where, etc.
      In fact, we don't have an idea where to start planning and where to go, haha!
      We are a fun loving bunch, but would like to experience the "real" Greek way of living, not do the whole "tourist" thing.
      Any advice for planning our trip?

Thanks.

8 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 7:36 AM
    • How much are excursions

by Daventry95 Online Now Apr 11, 2015 at 2:59 AM

What is there to do in santorini and how much are excursions

4 Answers Apr 17, 2015 at 3:07 AM
    • How much spending money needed

by Daventry95 Online Now Apr 10, 2015 at 5:56 PM

I'm going to santorini in June for two weeks with my girlfriend b&b and was wondering how much money I will need per day if anyone can help?

5 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 10:32 PM
    • TLC701's Profile Photo

Santorini Island, Greece

by TLC701 Online Now Apr 6, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Will be traveling to Santorini for the first time in October. I am bringing my niece along and want to make it a special trip before she gets married. If money weren't a concern, which location on the island and which hotel would you select?

Thanks!
      Terri

6 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 5:20 AM
    • Itenary in Santorini

by Agni_mat Online Now Mar 22, 2015 at 9:02 PM

We'll be in santorini for four nights in April. Since we dont want to be lugging our bags around with us we are planning to keep Santorini as a base and plan day trips to nearby islands. Can anybody tell me the places that should be on top of my list.(But i wouldnt want to spend more than 3hrs travelling one way). Also is there a çheck-in time for Ferries too (that would also be included in the total travel time)? Or do we arrive on time and just take our seats.. like in a bus..? I've never travelled in a boat of any kind.. what are the things that i should keep in mind?

13 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 2:33 AM
    • Weather in Santorini

by Agni_mat Online Now Mar 8, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Will be visiting Santorini in the second week of April. What kind of weatehr should i expect? Would i need a sweater/ jacket or will summer dresses and shorts suffice.

3 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 10:19 AM
    • Can we get to beaches from Fira

by Dianeguarascio Online Now Feb 19, 2015 at 5:46 PM

We will be in port for one day can we get from town of fira to the beaches?

2 Answers Feb 19, 2015 at 9:01 PM
    • Santorini itinerary

by danu007 Online Now Feb 12, 2015 at 1:57 AM

Hi,

I will be travelling for my honeymoon with my wife in early may. so i don't wanna take much of a chance since its our honeymoon.

this is what my plan is like

day 1. i reach around 4 pm my hotel... then after little rest check out the fira town and then come back to the imerovigli hotel and watch the sunset at leisure.

day 2: early morning stroll at imerovegli...then after breakfast walk to fira and catch a bus to kamari....after lunch come back to hotel.

then i am planning to book a sunset cruise ride.... and come back to hotel after that

day 3: moving to a hotel in oia... check out oia locally...and den go to amoudi bay...watch the sunset either from oia or from amoudi bay...den back to hotel

day 4 : morning is free flight in the afternoon to athens

Kindly suggest what changes do i need to make to this plan...??? it will be really helpful

18 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM
    • Things to do in Santorini in first week of may

by gaurav14mtc Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 2:18 PM

I will be in santorini staying in fira with my friend for 3 days in first week of May. Can you please suggest the itinerary I should follow so that I cover most important places in Santorini. Also I have heard about the volcano and thermal springs package from santorini. Can you please suggest on this also.

11 Answers Apr 16, 2015 at 3:56 AM
    • Janinen's Profile Photo

Bus from and to Airport/Fira

by Janinen Online Now Jan 12, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Has anyone had any experience catching the bus from the Santorini airport to,the town of,Fira?

9 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 8:42 AM
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

greek islands from turkey

by shakakthar Online Now Dec 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

hello all... i want to visit symi island and santorini in april from BODRUM or MARMARIS in turkey by ferry..
      i observed that though these islands are closer to turkey than athens. the approach from turkey is very difficult and very few options available via RHODES.
      from athens it is very long journey by blueboat cruise and only one ferry per day to santorini. [ i am aware of flights from athens to santorini but i want cheaper option]

has anybody travelled from turkey to SYMI or SANTORINI please share your experience.

thanks

6 Answers Dec 10, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

What will open and what will close in December

by shwemanthu Online Now Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

We are planning to visit Santorini Island in first week of December for 4 days. Please advise where to stay/ what to do..etc. I checked one of the Hotel and found that it is closed after last week of October. Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

13 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 5:03 PM
    • location similar to Kamari promenade elsewhere?

by bigjim33 Online Now Nov 16, 2014 at 4:06 AM

In the last summer I spent a few days in the town of Kamari. I liked the pedestrian promenade along the beach with many clubs, restaurants and small hotels directly on it. It was very pleasant to have a drink in our hotel’s pool-bar facing the sea and the nice crowd walking on the promenade.
      I’m wondering if a location like this exsists in any other Greek island! Do you know any?

3 Answers Nov 16, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Santorini's YOUTH HOSTEL OIA -- The End Of An Era

by brotherleelove Online Now Nov 5, 2014 at 3:45 PM

After 34 years of hosting visitors to Santorini from every corner of the globe the Youth Hostel Oia, owned by my dear friend Manolis Karvounis, has closed its doors for good. I wish Manolis and Gabi much joy and happiness wherever their path leads them. YAMAS!

1 Answer Nov 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

2 days Santorini and 1 day Athens - Itinerary

by csuresh Online Now Oct 20, 2014 at 7:20 AM

I, my wife and 2 kids will be in Santorini this weekend. We have 2 full days - we are staying in Fira and our plan is to cover a museum and then to Oia till sunset. Next day cover the boat tour to volcano island, black beach and if time permits to Akrotiri. Overnight at Athens and we have full day to visit acropolis and around before taking a flight in the evening to London. I wanted to know whatelse I should cover and what can be skipped. I have seen some cultural shows/dance during my visit to few countries- considering its history - do they have any shows conducted in Santorini.

3 Answers Oct 21, 2014 at 12:12 AM
    • 1 plush night for a backpacker

by Hanleye Online Now Sep 27, 2014 at 3:49 AM

I'm staying at a backpackers in Santorini but am considering treating myself to 1 or 2 nights in a nice hotel (with pool and sunset views). Can anyone recommend a good one without it actually bankrupting me? Do they even exist?

4 Answers Sep 27, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • Cruise ship stop

by mollysmum Online Now Sep 7, 2014 at 5:15 AM

we are calling into Santorini on our cruise in a couple of weeks time and not sure whether to take the cruise ship excursion or whether to just get off "the boat" and walk about a bit. Would be grateful for any comments for and/or againist excursions etc thank you

9 Answers Sep 16, 2014 at 6:50 AM
    • purchase of leather jackets

by paulbrevill Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Is the island a good place to buy leather jackets at reasonable price?

5 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 8:52 AM
    • OIA Santorini

by Jimschroe Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Hello all. I was in OIA two months ago. There is a shop that sold a local artists work. His work was in clay and most of his pieces included small faces. It was on the left hand side of the walkway as you go towards the fort. I've looked on-line and can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

5 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    • shop in Oia

by Jimschroe Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I was in a cool shop in Oia. The artist used faces in his/her work. I'm looking for the name of the shop. Any help is appreciated.

• Bus from Fira to Athinios port for 00:50 ferry to Kos

by Maryiat Online Now Aug 16, 2014 at 11:53 PM

When would you have to be in Fira to be sure you can get on the bus?
      Does the bus stop at Kartaderos?

5 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    • pyrgos hotel

by greeklove Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Are there any quaint hotels in the old part of Pyrgos village that anyone would recommend.

2 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    • flight back to Athens

by greeklove Online Now Aug 11, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Will be in Santorini late september no prior booking for accomadations maybe staying in Pyrgos or Emborio will have car to get around any recomendations on accomadations for 2 not expensive with charm. And not sure how long we're staying but if we need to catch a flight back to Athens, how difficult is it without advance booking. Thanks

6 Answers Aug 11, 2014 at 2:23 PM
    • service stations

by choughsua Online Now Aug 6, 2014 at 6:48 AM

How many service stations are there on Santorini, and where are they?

7 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    • rsgoers's Profile Photo

Eight Santorini Restaurant Recommendations

by rsgoers Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 2:00 PM

I am spending 8 nights in Santorini in September - 3 nights in Fira, 2 nights in imerovigli and tree nights in Oia. I'm looking for restaurant recommendations in the various locales. Looking for great food and atmosphere. I'll be traveling alone so romantic spots are not a high priority. Quality of the food and the experience is the most important. Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 1:56 AM
    • airport stay

by as3d2 Online Now Jul 23, 2014 at 10:03 PM

hey our flight arives in santorini at 3 in the morning and rather than booking a hotel for the night, i was wondering if we could just stay at the airport till 12pm next afternoon in order to catch a ferry to ios. Is there a place or location nearby that we can go see a sunrise and have a nice view of santornini close to the airport that is walking distance and manageable with luggage. Please let me know. Thanks!

7 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 7:14 AM
    • santorini Accomodation

by nina__ Online Now Jul 23, 2014 at 12:31 PM

A friend and I are Island hopping around Greece and we end our trip in Santorini, we are both students so are wanting to stay somewhere cheap but that also attracts people of similar age and with a decent nightlife.. any advice? we're also thinking about not booking anything at all and hoping to find somewhere to stay when we turn up on the island, is this a really bad idea?

3 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 1:12 PM