Santo Domingo Travel Answers

change location

Trying to sort out must do things

by duttyeh Online Now Jun 19, 2006 at 4:50 PM

I am trying to find a tour operator that deals with more extreme "roughing" it type tours into the mountain region, preferably to see waterfalls and mountains, maybe do some "gliding", (that thing were you slide across a rope from one end to another) see flora and fauna, as well as the cigar factories. I am having a dfficult time finding tours that come into or ride out from juan dolio as I am at an AI resort. My intention is to Wed chill at AI as ourfligt arrives at 1 and I am told that customes can take some time, Thursday do Boca Chica as I have been told over and over to not go on a weekend, Friday first trek into santo domingo (lighthouse, aquarium,los tres ojos, that cave restuarant), Saturday do a complete full day tour(fingers crossed) and dancing in santo domingo, Sunday tour into santo domingo old city (conde, la zona, mercado, and museo hombre dominicano), Monday chill at AI b4 afternoon flight. What sucks is I only have four full days to get this in....any suggestions on a good tour company that comes to this area yet goes to the places I mentioned above which are more east coast than southern in the same day/tour? I don't want to waste too much time taking a bus to punta/bavaro if I can find it closer. Help!, as I leave in a day and a half!!!! i really wanna do that gliding things as I have a fear of heights I am trying to overcome...

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Santo Domingo