Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 weeks mix of relaxing, surfing, hiking, nature

Florianópolis Sep 27, 2015 at 2:32 PM

my wife and me plan 3-4 weeks in february in south brazil. driving down from Sao Paulo within a few days and staying for a while on floripa. there we would like to rent sort of a small hideaway house (not at a beach, more in the inland nature). where on floripa Island should we search? or would we better be somewhere else in south brazil for that kind of interests?
      Thanks - Dieter

• anisha1985's Profile Photo

Is it safe to travel by bus in Brazil?

Brazil Sep 26, 2015 at 1:41 AM

Hi, I'm planning to travel to Brazil in November and visit Rio, Foz de Iguacu and Sao Paulo. I hear the best way and cheapest way to travel is by bus. There are site like where you can buy bus tickets online in advance. Any experience with travelling by bus in Brazil?

• short-term room rental and daily expenses

São Paulo Sep 23, 2015 at 5:23 AM

Hi, I am Myint Zaw currently living in Toronto. I am looking for the winter escape in Sao Paulo. I am looking for the rental room for a month or two. If any of you knows how to find it on the internet, please share me the information. I'd also like to know the average costs of the meal(particularly Asian) and transportation. Another important thing is cell phone plan with data. I concern about the language problem. I don't know anything about Portuguese. By the way I am from Myanmar. I hope I can speak English fairly. I don't have travel experience. I am looking for as much information as possible from all of you. Thank you. Myint Zaw

• CurtisRuin's Profile Photo

Curitiba center or SJP where to stay

Curitiba Sep 20, 2015 at 12:21 AM

Hello everybody, I m new here and this is my first request.
      I have to work in São José dos Pinhais start of November for 14 days. This will be my first time in Brazil. Now I m planning where to stay and what will be more comfortable and safe for my travel. My question is should I go for a Hotel in Curitiba maybe close to a mall or should I go for a hotel in SJP? How is the traffic in the morning and evening to go to/from SJP? And finally how safe is SJP? Any advices are welcome.
      Thanks in advance.

• Christ the Redeemer and rain

Rio de Janeiro Sep 28, 2015 at 8:06 AM

I'm in Rio for 2 more days and haven't been up to see Christ the Redeemer. Forecast is showing rain for the next 3 days. I am wondering if it is possible for me to go up to see Christ the Redeemer close up. Not sure if they close the entrance when it rains.

• Stroller's Profile Photo

Do I have to pay USD160 for an Argentina visa for a one day trip to see the Iguazu Falls?

Iguassu Sep 13, 2015 at 11:47 PM

I've read that you now have to pay USD160 for an Argentina visa for a one day trip to see the Iguazu Falls on the Argentina size. Is that true? I visited the Argentina size of the falls in 2002 and my taxi driver took my passport and got the visa for me at the border. I don't think it costed that much at all. Many thanks for your advice!