Santiago de Cuba Travel Answers

change location

What is the best way to get from Havana to Santiago De Cuba without driving???

by rebekahsimms Online Now Feb 19, 2007 at 2:05 PM

I am applying for a travel grant, and I've decided to apply to travel from Havana to Santiago De Cuba to firstly experience Cuba and end up seeing El Cobre but I don't drive and wandered if anyone new the best way to travel around Cuba?
I have to hand in my application form on fri, please help, I've never been to Cuba!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • russian_yaz's Profile Photo

RE: What is the best way to get from Havana to Santiago De Cuba without driving???

by russian_yaz Online Now Feb 20, 2007 at 2:43 AM

Hello...U've two options:
    1- by plane: Cubana, the cuban air company have daily flights from Havana to Santiago and viceversa.
    2- by bus: Via Azul bus company have daily departures to the main touristical places all around cuba. Havana-Santiago ticket is about 45 cuc and takes around 10h to get from one place to the other.

Forget about trains, they are really bad and U can be up to 24 hours stuck in a train to get from Havana to Santiago.... good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • florry's Profile Photo

RE: RE: What is the best way to get from Havana to Santiago De Cuba without driving???

by florry Online Now Feb 20, 2007 at 10:10 AM

one more option: share a taxi..maybe when you at the bus-station you find other people who want to share..it may cost less..is faster..and sure u can stop where you want too.I did it that way from Trinidad..Good luck and have fun:)

• Doolores's Profile Photo

Re: What is the best way to get from Havana to Santiago De Cuba without driving???

by Doolores Online Now Sep 30, 2007 at 6:48 AM

There are some hotel with helicopter. it cost about140 canadian. And it takes about 20 minutes to go to Havana...or Santiago...or Holguin.
    I have seen it in the hotel: Lunas Y Mares in Holguin.
    Never took it. Because it is a Russian helicopter..made in 1950. But they say it goes well..
    hum...

D.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Santiago de Cuba