Santiago de Cuba Travel Answers

change location
Christine2006's Profile Photo

Travel Dec. 20 '06 to Jan. 4 '07

by Christine2006 Online Now Dec 12, 2006 at 8:07 AM

Would appreciate any advice or suggestions from people who have been there or who live there. Am interested in the music, culture, history, architecture and, of course, learning more spanish. Would like to hire a spanish tutor.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • russian_yaz's Profile Photo

RE: Travel Dec. 20 '06 to Jan. 4 '07

by russian_yaz Online Now Dec 12, 2006 at 10:28 AM

Hello...if U're interested on cuban culture in general one of the best things U can do is to rent a casa particular anywhere in Havana. U'll be in direct otuch with the daily life of cubans, their struggle to survive each day against the hard economical problems and also U'll get to know better Havana and it's places. If U need more info feel free to email me, I'll be glad to help U... I just send U an email about the spanish tutor thing... have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • russian_yaz's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Travel Dec. 20 '06 to Jan. 4 '07

by russian_yaz Online Now Dec 12, 2006 at 10:32 AM

Sorry.... change Havana for Santiago...I'm so used to that people always ask about Havana that just wrote it without thinking... good luck

• TravellingSpirit's Profile Photo

by TravellingSpirit Online Now Dec 16, 2006 at 7:39 PM

I have just come back from Cuba and made a couple of friends there who had spent more than two weeks in Santiago de Cuba doing a Spanish language course whilst they were there. Message me with your email and I will pass it on to them if you want. One of them is travelling on to Nicaragua so I doubt she will be able to get back to you but the other is due to return to the UK next week and I'm sure she would be really pleased to help.

• TravellingSpirit's Profile Photo

by TravellingSpirit Online Now Dec 21, 2006 at 6:19 PM

I have emailed you with details of two casas in Santiago

• RE: Travel Dec. 20 '06 to Jan. 4 '07

by cubaguru Online Now Jan 2, 2007 at 2:32 AM

I have just come back from cuba where I did Spanish, percussion and Afro-Cuban dance lessons. There was also the possibility of doing painting and sculpture classes. For more information on this look at www.takeyourtimetravel.com/courses.htm.

I also know a lady who runs a casa particular and is an expert in the history of the city. She would be a great peron to talk to but she speaks mainly Spanish. Drop me a line if you want more information.

Cubaguru.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Santiago de Cuba