Santiago de Compostela

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bus from Santiago to Oporto

by pkostecke Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I need to travel from Santiago de Compostela to Oporto,Portugal. Which bus do I take and where is it located in the city?

more
    • Transportation

by Teenarina Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM

How is the least expensive way to get to Saria from Santiago de compostela airport. Who can I contact to make arrangements.

more
    • shunra's Profile Photo

A scenic route from Santiago eastward

by shunra Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Hello everybody,
      In September we'll make a road trip from Toulouse to Santiago de Compostela, driving roughly along the Camino Aragonés / Camino Francés (Pamplona – Logroño – Burgos – Leon etc).
      Now the question is, how shall we return to Toulouse. We'll probably be fed up with architectural masterpieces. We'll rather be looking for the most beautiful natural scenery.
      Could anybody suggest a route to take?
      Thanks a lot in advance!

more
    • shunra's Profile Photo

A scenic route from Santiago eastward

by shunra Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Hello everybody,
      In September we'll make a road trip from Toulouse to Santiago de Compostela, driving roughly along the Camino Aragonés / Camino Francés (Pamplona – Logroño – Burgos – Leon etc).
      Now the question is, how shall we return to Toulouse. We'll probably be fed up with architectural masterpieces. We'll rather be looking for the most beautiful natural scenery.
      Could anybody suggest a route to take?
      Thanks a lot in advance!

7 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 1:40 AM
    • Transportation

by Teenarina Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM

How is the least expensive way to get to Saria from Santiago de compostela airport. Who can I contact to make arrangements.

4 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM
    • bus from Santiago to Oporto

by pkostecke Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I need to travel from Santiago de Compostela to Oporto,Portugal. Which bus do I take and where is it located in the city?

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • Day trip to Finisterra

by divin1 Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Are there bus tour day trips from Santiago to Finisterra? Any recommendations for a good, reasonably priced tour company?

7 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    • Dmroman125's Profile Photo

computer surge proctector

by Dmroman125 Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 10:48 AM

where can I buy a power surge protector for my computer in Santiago De Compostela

5 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    • Easy Routes to Santiago

by Angharad07 Online Now Jan 1, 2014 at 2:14 AM

What is the most level route to Santiago?

5 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • merpreb1's Profile Photo

what women wear

by merpreb1 Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I will be in Santiago de Compostela in September, 2014. I would like to know what women wear during the day, what is acceptable, and for dinner. Thank you Merry Preble

28 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 12:55 AM
    • how do we get from santiago de Compostela to the start of our walk at O"cebriero

by gazzahill Online Now Sep 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM

how do we get from santiago de compostella to start our walk at O"cebriero

3 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 2:29 AM
    • sergioalbuka's Profile Photo

Como é fazer o caminho a pé?

by sergioalbuka Online Now May 26, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Olá, estou me preparando psicologicamente há mais de 3 anos para tomar coragem e fazer o caminho de Compostela. Quem já fez o caminho como verdadeiro peregrino e gostou? Quais os desafios, quanto se gasta, claro que, tem que ter feito a pé, e, finalizando, quanto tempo levou?
      Valeu

4 Answers May 26, 2013 at 11:30 PM
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Transportation from Santiago to Betanzos

by Oleg_D. Online Now Apr 18, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Dear Travelers,

I’m going to spend three days in Santiago de Compostela. Within these three days time I’m going to visit Betanzos and spend there from six up to eight hours to visit local churches and museum.
      As far as I know I can get Betanzos from SDC either by bus or by train via Corunna. So, I’m very interested you read your opinion what option is better. Should I travel by train via Corunna or by direct bus of Monbus Company?
      Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Oleg

3 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    • kuzena's Profile Photo

Cicle day trip: Santiago-Coruna-Muxia-Santiago

by kuzena Online Now Apr 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Being in Santiago i'd like to visit mentioned places by scheduled buses. May be anybody knows if it possible to make this trip during the day (Sunday)/ How long does it take to get from Coruna to Muxia? And what time i need to sightseeing in these places? Muchas gracias and thanks a lot.

6 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Restoration of Portico of Glory

by Oleg_D. Online Now Apr 12, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Dear Travelers,

Does anybody know about the progress of restoration of the Portico of Glory in the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela? When I visited the Cathedral last time in May/June 2012 Portico was covered by the scaffolds because of restoration and it was impossible to see the statues of Jesus, Apostles and Prophets. Has that restoration been finished by now?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Oleg

7 Answers Apr 13, 2013 at 1:56 AM
    • freespiritwendy's Profile Photo

things to take

by freespiritwendy Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 3:08 AM

hi, what is a MUSt to take with me? Where do hikers normally stay? can I get food and toilet facilities along the way?
      Ta!

28 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    • artonice's Profile Photo

From Santiago de Compostela to Lisbon

by artonice Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Is it suitable/legal for foreigners to rent a car from Santiago , ride to Lisbon and return in a week?How much do you think it will cost?(hiring the car and apprx. gas) Thanks in advance. Eylem

13 Answers Mar 6, 2013 at 5:57 AM
    • Transport from Santiago de Compostello to Santander

by AndyD17 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 3:38 AM

We are cycling the Camino Way in April this year and need to get back to Santander Airport from the finish in Santiago de Compostello on 6th April. Other than hiring a car, is there any buses or trains that we can get for the journey back ?

2 Answers Feb 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    • adagio99x's Profile Photo

Taxi or private car transfer from Airport to Sarria

by adagio99x Online Now Sep 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM

We are four adults arriving at Santiago D.C. Airport around 9 a.m. We are proposing to get to Sarria and are prepared to pay for a taxi or private car transfer. Would the "normal" taxis at the airport take us this far? If not, then are there any reputable companies that we can pre-book with? Failing that, a simple question, how do we get to Sarria from the airport? I will be grateful for any help in this matter. A.

5 Answers Sep 22, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    • giovdett's Profile Photo

Camino de Santiago in Galicia in September

by giovdett Online Now Jul 9, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I plan to make the last part of the Camino in Galicia in the second half of September. Can anyone tell me what is the weather like in this season? I am mainly concerned about the rain.
      Thanks for the advice.

4 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

strange question: are there any car-museums close to Santiago ??

by globetrott Online Now May 15, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Hi,

I have booked 2 flight back home and it seems now that I will not catch the 1st on , but be a few days before the 2nd one already in Santiago !
      So I will take 1 day for the city, BUT what else can I do there in the surrounding as an easy daytrip ??
      A carmuseum would be perfect for me, or maybe you have a better idea ?
      Finisterre - I dont think I will do that, I was walking enough already to get to Santiago...

7 Answers May 17, 2012 at 9:59 AM
    • From Porto to Sarria

by Airam74 Online Now May 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Hi,
      Can anyone please give me some advice about how to best travel from Porto, Portugal to Sarria, Spain? And then returning from Santiago to Porto?
      Any help would be much appreciated:)
      Greetings from Canada,
      Maria

1 Answer May 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM
    • buses around Santiago De C.

by jbalachowski Online Now May 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM

My wife and I are planning to walk east from Santiago to Melide--or as far east as we can get in a week. Is there bus service from Melide back to Santiago?

5 Answers May 8, 2012 at 5:08 AM
    • Taxis, buses, coaches, etc

by HKC Online Now Mar 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Hello, We are sailing to Vigo mid April. The 7 day cruise has been chosen especially because we stop for a whole day in Vigo and want to see S de C (we hope to return again then by land next holiday).

We have been reading about the City and would like to visit it on our own instead of booking a cruise coach (which seems to include stops for tea/cakes, souvenir shops, etc.

Is it possible to get a return trip independent coach etc from Vigo to S de C (or would it be very expensive by taxi)?
      Also any advice on the 'must not miss' things would be very appreciated.
      Many thanks.

4 Answers Mar 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    • Is there a bus or train service to Lugo?

by W4NIO Online Now Dec 30, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Hello Friends, I will be in Santiago de Compostela on Jan 16th/11 and need to go to Lugo. Is there a bus to Lugo? Thank you very much!

4 Answers Dec 31, 2011 at 6:28 AM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Day tours by bus from Santiago?

by philosykos Online Now Dec 11, 2011 at 1:57 AM

Are there any one day bus tours from Santiago to any of the nearby cities like Coruna?

4 Answers Dec 11, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Recs for a B&B or budget hotel old town..?

by philosykos Online Now Dec 11, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Recs for a B&B or budget hotel Santiago center old town??Not very fussy but must be decent..clean and private bathroom facilites..Many thxs!

8 Answers Dec 11, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    • From Santiago de Compostela to Valladolid

by jnogen Online Now Dec 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Hello:I'd like to know the best way to go to Valladolid from Santiago either
      by bus or train.Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

3 Answers Dec 15, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    • Driving a Manual vs Automatic

by Frequentraveler Online Now Nov 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM

I have a reservation for an automatic car to be pick up at Santiago de Compostela Airport in January for 6 days. The cost is 422 for the six days. I can still make a reservation for the same car with a manual transmission for half the price for what I will be paying for the automatic. This is my situation: I can drive an manual as long as I do not have to go up a hill where there might be a light in the middle of the hill and have to use the clutch and brake pedal. I had a bad experience in Tenerife, Spain and do not want to relive this experience again. However I spent one week in Lisboa, Portugal and rented a manual transmission car and never had a problem with the roads, everything seem to be at level no hills. Can anyone make any recomendations? What driving like in Santiago de Compostela? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

5 Answers Nov 15, 2011 at 6:44 AM
    • DaisyWhite's Profile Photo

De Santiago a Carcassonne

by DaisyWhite Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Hello people.Finally i'm planning a very postponed trip to Galicia, Spain, and other points of Europe. I was thinking of going from Santiago de Compostela or Vigo to Carcassonne by train, across Cantabria and Asturias, making stops in Gijon,Bilbao and San Sebastian before crossing to France.-But searching in spanish railways I've found it's very complicated because the timetables and routes are extremely slow.- Can somebody tell me if there is some solution by other way or maybe the only one is to rent a car?

5 Answers Sep 16, 2011 at 5:08 AM
    • Robertorocha's Profile Photo

Driving from Santiago to Madri

by Robertorocha Online Now Aug 12, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I am planning to visit Santiago in october , arriving from Portugal and I'd like to know how is the trip from Santiago to Madri by car. Is the road safe? Are there any specific place or city to stop and sleep?
      Thanks in advance.
      Roberto

3 Answers Aug 13, 2011 at 4:14 PM
    • Travelling back to Sarria

by KathrynPP Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Can anyone please tell me how we can go from Santiago de Compostela to Sarria early September. Any buses or trains? I have searched and can't find the information I need. And should we book or leave it till we arrive in Santiago de compostela to book? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Kathryn

1 Answer Jul 9, 2011 at 11:54 PM
    • From Porto to Santiago by bike

by Redrock Online Now Feb 2, 2011 at 6:33 AM

Hi guys... At around July, I and my wife wants to ride bikes from Porto to Santiago de Compostela, taking the pilgrimage road. How long it takes to ride? Does anyone know where can I get the map of the pilgrimage road? And how is the accommodation along the way?

Thanks a lot

6 Answers Feb 7, 2011 at 3:41 PM