Travel Answers
Santander

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• piosku67's Profile Photo

Christmas in Madrid - empty streets and closed restaurants or ...?

Madrid 6 hours ago

I have intentionally planned a stay in Madrid during Christmas time avoiding empty, cold streets and closed all the public services in my country. But I am not sure what I will experience , what I can expect in the capital city of Spain. How about 24th Dec. and 25th Dec in Madrid? Where to eat out ? What to do? Thank you.

more
    • Route Suggestions from Salamanca to Barcelona

Spain Dec 11, 2014 at 4:46 AM

We would like to travel from Salamanca to Barcelona via the northern part of Spain (not thru Madrid). This will be in May. We are seeking suggestions for a worthwhile itinerary in the north of Spain, by train or bus, to get to Barcelona. We have about a week for this route before we have to be in Barcelona.
      Thank you.

more
    • Transportation

Barcelona Dec 3, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Hye, my flight on 15 December will be at 6.20am and i need to be there at 5am. Is there any public transportation beside taxi that woulf take me to the airport at 4.30am?

more
    • Airport distance

Canary Islands Nov 26, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Anyone know how long it takes to get to Puerto de Mogan from the airport? Some said an hour and 1/4 but was that before the motorway was finished because google maps says 37 mins!

more
    • Sun/Beach destination for winter?

Madrid Dec 2, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm planning my winter holidays and looking for a sun and sea destination. I found this articles with dome places and tips. Would like to know if you can help me with cheap accomodations at this places or with other destinations you think are better.

anarquiavip.com/paraisos-par...

Thanks in advance!

Pet

more
    • When i come to turkey where can i rent a wi-fi hotspot ?

Spain Dec 1, 2014 at 9:40 PM

When i come to turkey where can i rent a wi-fi hotspot ?

more
    • Autumn9's Profile Photo

From Santander to Madrid

Spain Nov 24, 2014 at 6:30 AM

I will be touring in a campervan from Santander to stay in a villa an hour east of Madrid, then a return journey. Which places should we aim to find campsites that are near picturesque or interesting sights.

Many thanks

Autumn9

more

time of meals

Madrid 7 hours ago

I'm strongly get used to have a substantial meal during the day, rather 3-5 p.m. not 6-9 p.m. How about Madrid? Which style is preferred in the capital city, what restaurants offer to tourists? The most terrifying and frustrating way of eating habit for me is only coffee in the morning, light lunch at 12 or 1 p.m. than long time nothing ....and a huge meal, let's say, at at 9 p.m. or later. It would be lovely to dined out in the afternoon. Is it possible? I do not mean tapas or snacks I mean the regular two-course meal.
      By the way, are there any buffet restaurants in Madrid ?
      Thanks

more
    • Barcelona to Salamanca Options?

Spain Dec 17, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Still working on our itinerary. What are the options (train, bus) to get from Barcelona to Salamanca bypassing Madrid? We were in Madrid on a previous trip and would prefer skipping it if possible.
      Thank you all for your help.

more
    • behappy30's Profile Photo

Family attractions

Ibiza Nov 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I would like to know the best activities in Ibiza with children (3yo) for next summer, specially funny pools, restaurants, leisure parks, best beaches, and local feasts. Thanks!

more
    • soccer jerseys

Barcelona 17 hours ago

I want to buy barcelon jerseys for my friend as christmas gift.Where can i buy?

more
    • Mountain Roads?

La Playa de Mogán Nov 26, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Hi
      A traveller on trip advisor said she encountered some very scary mountain roads somewhere near Puerto de Mogan. I hate them, do you have to go one them to get to the Port and hotels in the area?

more
    • Anyone familiar with or from Barcelona

Barcelona Nov 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM

This isn't a traveling question but I was hoping i could still receive advice .. I met a guy who came from barcelonia. Christmas is around the corner and I would like to get him something thoughtful .. Any ideas on what I should get that's culture related possibly something hell know I ordered from there ?

more
    • Location of Internet Cafes in the south of Tenerife Island

Isla de Tenerife Dec 14, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Where can I find an internet cafe these days we do not have portable computer or smartphones so are reliant on these for emails etc

more
    • can i worte my qustion on my on langing

Spain Dec 2, 2014 at 4:01 AM

can i worte my qustion on my on langing helpo pleaso?

more
    • 3 days in Madrid

Madrid Nov 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Does anyone have a good suggestion on what to do with a 3 days trip to Madrid? I´m not much of a museum guy, but I do love sports, sightseeing and, of course, parties! One of the days I´ll be spending will be a friday, but I immagine it will be cold (it will be in early december)... thanks!

more

how to get to Calle de Toledo 111

Madrid 7 hours ago

I'm flying to Madrid on 23rd Dec. Arriving at the airport, terminal 2 , at 3.40 p.m. How can I get from the airport to Calle de Toledo 111, Hotel Ganivet? Metro, train and bus all of them will pick me in some distance from the hotel. I will have a light backpack and I could walk but which will be the easiest way. Thanks.

more
    • TweetersMallorca's Profile Photo

WALKABOUT AND CHAT IN SPANISH ~

Palma de Mallorca Nov 27, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Is anyone interested in linking up to walk around Palma once a week in order to practice conversation Spanish and English? Let me know as I am flexible on days and times to meet up. Thanks! Gracias!

more
    • Visiting the Pyrenees parks with public transporation

Spain Nov 24, 2014 at 6:05 AM

We will be in Catalonia (mostly Barcelona) in May and would like to visit one of the two main national parks in the Pyrenees on our way to Madrid. We have up to 10 days for this. We read that there are several quaint towns in Aragon (Ainsa, Albarracin, Teruel) that are also worth seeing near the parks.

What would be a good itinerary for this request using public transportation? Leaving from Barcelona and arriving to Madrid.

Thank you.

more
    • How many days? Night train to Lisbon?

Salamanca Nov 30, 2014 at 12:42 AM

We will be in Salamanca in May. Wanted to know how many days are suggested (including day trips).
      And we will be taking the night train from there to Lisbon. Does anyone have any info or comments about the train? Specifically, what is a "recliner" seat / couchette?
      Thank you.

more
    • Where can I buy the convents' cookies in Spain?

Spain Dec 13, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I just went to Spain in October, and I really want to know where can I buy the convents' cookies in Spain? I mean the cookies which nuns make. I would like to try that,but I didn't know where I can find them. I am so interested in the cookies.Does anyone know anything about it in Spain? Thank you very much.

more
    • What to see in a day only?

Sevilla Dec 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I will be in Sevilla on 20th. First time. And only for a day. And only couple of hours, after business.

What's "the thing" I must see before leaving on 21th?

more
    • ranjankar1's Profile Photo

Renfe site for train booking

Madrid Nov 25, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Is Renfe site not working. Since last two days I see that the site is not available for train booking. That sounds strange to me.

more
    • 8 days in and around Malaga

Málaga Yesterday

hello VTers

I will be travelling to Malaga with my wife n 2 year old during Christmas along with my friends family n theír 3 year old.

So far the list includes Alhambra palace , Nerja caves and I believe 2 days could be spent in Malaga but no pans yet, any suggestions ?

I can see some national parks around Malaga but not sure if they are possible with 2 kids, any ideas ?

is it realistic to make day trips to Seville or somewhere else ?

any other suggestions are very welcome and highly appreciated :-)

cheers!

more
    • izziegon's Profile Photo

Moving to Santander

by izziegon Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Hi,
      I am moving to Santander with my son and I am wondering if there is any useful site where we can find a room or a studio to rent. It would be nice to stay with family too so its easier for my son to learn spanish. Is therey anyone out there who can help ?

5 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • Taxi with small child to Somo from Santander Airport

by jennylawler Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Hello,
      Is it possible to book a taxi with a child seat, to go from the airpor to Somo, in September?
      How much would we expect to pay for this?
      Many thanks for your help!

1 Answer Jul 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    • Santander to Somo - practical? Taxi cost?

by jjaay Online Now Sep 8, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I was thinking of going to Somo for some surf lessons.
      Though I head Somo is very quiet at night - so it makes sense to go to Santander for the nights. I assume the city would be nice.

Just wondering.

a) I think the last ferry is not too late (like 9pm) - so how much would a taxi be from Santander to Somo in the nights?

b) Would it be better to stay in Somo - or in Santander and just commute to Somo in the morning for the surf lessons?

Any advice appreciated

1 Answer Sep 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    • Is this flight time possible?

by mactoalfi Online Now Dec 2, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Hy Guys,

As I searched for a flight form Manchester (UK) to Bilbao
      It takes some 3 hrs. and 25 minutes.

And the return : from Bilbao to Man. shows 1 hr. 10 minutes.

Is this possible ??

7 Answers Dec 3, 2011 at 2:47 AM
    • Taxi fare

by mactoalfi Online Now Dec 1, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Hi,
      I would like to know how much is the taxi fare from Santander airport to Torrelavega ? (Are there different fares for night ??)And do I have to pre-book at the airport?

4 Answers Dec 2, 2011 at 4:16 AM
    • Night travel from Santander airport to Torrelavega

by mactoalfi Online Now Dec 1, 2011 at 5:57 AM

Hello Friends,
      I have friend visiting me.. and I have to fetch him ..
      I want to know are there buses available in the night
      from Santander airport to go to Torrelavega directly?
      Or what are the timings of buses.

help is highly appreciated..
      Thanks a ton.

2 Answers Dec 1, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    • Santander (Airport), Spain to Santander city by public transportation

by mcrisf Online Now Sep 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Can anyone tell me how to get from Santander airport to Santander city by public transportation?What is the cost for adults and for children?
      Is it possible to walk to the city from the airport or is it too far?
      We would like to rent a car in Santander city and travel to San Sebastian.
      thanks

4 Answers Sep 8, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    • Family to host independent traveler Jul. 2-5?

by Galaxz Online Now Jun 22, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Hi all, I am going to be in the Santander/Bilbao area from July 2-5. I am going to be alone, and I'd like a family to host me for that time. I would rather get a rich cultural experience with a local family than stay at a hostel. Can anyone recommend a family or a site (I've tried a few and didn't get many Santander matches or they were too pricey). I'm from Florida, USA, 25 years old, female, don't smoke, and wouldn't need any fancy cleaning/driving services, just a nice family to host me for a few nights and give me some advice about travel in the area and maybe become my friends! I speak descent Spanish but an English-speaking family would be a plus.

4 Answers Jun 23, 2011 at 6:42 AM
    • somestarrynight's Profile Photo

San Sebastian - Altamira Cave: where to break the journey?

by somestarrynight Online Now Jun 11, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Hi all

We're planning a trip to San Sebastian this August and hoping to hire a car one day to drive to the Altamira Cave. We're guessing the journey will take around 2-3 hours and wondered if there's anywhere worth a short visit where we could stop off to break up the return journey.

Thanks!

Sarah

• Santander Where to stay??

by luckybelgium Online Now Feb 21, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Hi everyone

I am going to Santander at the end of March and I'm now searching for a place to stay for 2 nights. There are many hotels and hostels available and as this is my first time to Santander, I don't know at which area should be the suitable place for me to stay.

I would like to stay in an area where is comfortable to find local foods to eat, shops for shopping, food and fruit markets, and near public transportations. And if possible near the beach (but not mandatory).

Could you please recommend me which areas of Santander or which beaches are the suitable place for me to stay?

Are there buses from the Ryanair airport to that area?

Could you also point out on the map where is the city centre of Santander?

Thank you very much in advance for all the suggestions :)

11 Answers Mar 23, 2011 at 3:00 AM
    • Cantabria Camping and Villa

by marilynmondoe Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 5:25 AM

My family are looking for campsites in cantabria for 1 week and a villa for another week, also in the same area. Does anyone have any suggestions? My family are quite young, 8,5 and 2.so child friendly places are a must.
      Outdoor swimming pools are my kids favourite thing! plus we'd prefer to be closer to the beach rather than too rural.
      thanks

• cab from santander airport, please advise?

by lauram26 Online Now Jan 15, 2011 at 12:18 PM

hi all

i am flying to santander in may on one of them sun holiday, we are actually staying in a camping place about 48km from that airport, does any one know how easy it is to get a cab from the airport and how much im looking on paying for it?

thanks

2 Answers Jan 18, 2011 at 6:12 AM
    • Santander Airport to Villacarriedo?

by HSimkins Online Now Oct 17, 2010 at 5:22 AM

I need to get to Villacarriedo on 24th Oct '10 from Santander Airport. Can anyone tell me if this is easy/ possible by bus, cost, timetable, do I need to pre book etc. Or is it easier to grab a taxi, how much can I expect to pay & how long will it take that way? Thanks in anticipation. H

3 Answers Oct 17, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    • Considering living in Santander for the whole summer

by jane11e Online Now Oct 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM

My husband and I and 2 daughters ages 6 and 7 are considering living in Santander for the entire summer (June thru Aug) so we can improve our Spanish and immerse ourselves in a different culture. (We're also considering Zaragoza.) We are wondering which neighborhood(s) in Santander are best for a family to live in, and whether this is a good city for a family to immerse itself in. We live in Northern California. Any advice? Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 14, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    • how to get to Hondarrabia from Santander

by jomills12 Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Hi
      I'm arriving in Santander on Wednesday 4 August, and need to travel to Hondarrabia to meet a friend to sail back to Santander.
      What would be the best way to get to Hondarrabia? Train, bus or hire car?
      Thanks a lot
      Jo

2 Answers Aug 3, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    • Train from Madrid to Santander

by EthicalHedonist Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to find information on taking a train (or even a bus) from Madrid to Santander. I can't seem to find any data using the renfe or feve websites, and I need to have this information in advance. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 20, 2010 at 12:08 AM
    • santander distance rail to ferry

by catalinalou Online Now Apr 5, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Hello, please could someone tell me the distance from the ferry port at santander to the railway staion. thanks

1 Answer Apr 5, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    • How to get to 'museo de altamira' show caves without a car?

by blakrob Online Now Mar 26, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Hi,

Is there any public transport (e.g. a bus service) from Santander to these show caves in April? If not, how much would a taxi cost?

Thanks a lot.

2 Answers Mar 29, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    • How to get to 'Parque de la Naturaleza de Cabarceno' without a car?

by blakrob Online Now Mar 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Hi,

We're going to Santander shortly as a family of four. We will have no car with us. How can we travel to/from the 'Parque de la Naturaleza de Cabarceno' by public transport or, if we have to take a taxi, how much will it cost?

Also, can you recommend anything else which we would enjoy doing in Santander or the surrounding area (i.e. anywhere that's accessible by train/bus/short taxi ride) at this time of year (possibly indoors in case the weather's bad).

Finally, is there a swimming pool in Santander we can pay to use (e.g. a hotel pool which non-hotel members can pay to use)?

Thanks a lot.

2 Answers Mar 29, 2010 at 10:36 AM
    • somo ferry

by leskerr Online Now Jan 15, 2010 at 1:41 AM

Hi,arriving on the boat from plymouth,can any one advise if a tandem and trailer is allowed on the small ferry length is about 3meters,i believe it is just a small passenger ferry,also is it the best way out of santander im heading to roscoff via vitoria,pamplona crossing the pyranees to st jead de pied a port,it will be in july so i expect it to be busy so quiet roads preferred.If any one has info on campsites in the area of route it would be appreciated.thanks les

4 Answers Jan 15, 2010 at 6:36 AM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Bus station confusion ... which bus station???

by nomad7890 Online Now Jul 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I have been looking at ways to get from Santander to San Vicente de la Barquera. I found La Cantabrica, and this station is supposed to be at c/Cádiz & Méndez Núñes., across the Renfe Station - center of town near the Cathedral. I only have weekday schedules for this company.

There's also an Alsa which has weekdays and weekends ... station appears to be there.

* I will need to make bus - train connections twice and need to untangle this *

Guess one of my problems is that Google maps shows the little railroad tracks a little too far back from where the station is. I have actually walked out of this station (the FEVE). It looks like both Feve and Renfe share the space?

Any suggestions wether I should take La Cantabrica or Alsa?

Are the directions to the bus station right?

Thanks!

7 Answers Jul 29, 2009 at 9:15 AM
    • BeatrixIreland's Profile Photo

Beauty salon Santander?

by BeatrixIreland Online Now Jul 12, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Can anyone recommend one?
      Thanks,
      B

8 Answers Jul 16, 2008 at 9:35 AM
    • Plymouth Santandar Ferry Need a Room?

by rscrib Online Now Jul 8, 2008 at 7:57 AM

I was considering a side trip before a conference in Bristol. The Brittany Ferry to Santandar seems a great choice. Do you need a room or could you go without considering the wide array of facilities on the ferry.

2 Answers Jul 8, 2008 at 9:50 AM
    • Bank holiday arrival

by mimi_Mc Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 1:52 AM

Hola a todos!
      We will arrive in Santander by ferry on 28th July which we understand is a bank holiday. What are bank holidays like in Spain? Will we be able to buy basic provisions like milk? We are renting a casa in Viveda to the west of Santander.
      Un saludo
      mimi_Mc

4 Answers Jun 27, 2011 at 4:22 AM
    • Santander is it good for a family holiday

by sevvy1 Online Now May 17, 2008 at 5:29 AM

I am thinking of going to Santander for about a week in August, can you recommend a hotel or would it be better to rent an apartment for a family of 5.We want to be close to beach and the town Prices etc would be appricated ,I am coming from Ireland so I would fly with Ryanair. Is Santander a good place to go with a family all views appricated , thanks

7 Answers May 27, 2008 at 2:20 AM
    • Overnight in Santander

by winkd2 Online Now Mar 3, 2008 at 6:39 PM

Greetings!

I will be spending my birthday this summer in Santander. Was wondering if someone could suggest a special place to have dinner?

Also, was hoping that someone could give me some feedback on either of the following hotels? I'm trying to decide between the Hotel Silken Rio or the Hotel Las Brisas?

Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 6, 2008 at 11:54 AM
    • santander to puerto viesge

by lulupark Online Now Jul 28, 2007 at 11:30 AM

hi!

i'm spending a few days in santander and then making my way down to puerto viesge. we don't have a car or plan on renting one. what's the best way to get to the village of puerto viesge using public tranport?

5 Answers Jun 17, 2009 at 2:17 PM
    • street called

by staticbed86 Online Now Jul 4, 2007 at 4:40 PM

is there a street name in santander called saron-sobarzo im not sure if i have the right spelling.

thanks
      db

3 Answers Jul 11, 2007 at 1:12 AM
    • chipper99's Profile Photo

Visiting Santander

by chipper99 Online Now May 26, 2007 at 12:26 AM

Hi everyone. My wife and I are visiting Santander next week for a 2 night break. Ive had a look at the weather forecast and it is not good. I was wondering if anyone could suggest places to see / visit or things to do in the city. We are staying in the city centre. Any advice will be gratefully received.
      Thank you.

5 Answers May 26, 2007 at 1:26 PM
    • Looking for Laundromat in Santander

by jaredstein Online Now Apr 30, 2007 at 10:48 AM

Where can one find a good laundromat in Santander with coin-op washers and dryers? I'm staying on Castelar for reference.

Thanks in advance!