I and my girl friend are going for a biking tour from Santander to Gijon and back through the mountains. 1. Where can we rent a bike in Santander?
2. We will arrive in Alsa bus terminal. Is that close to the railway station?
3. Any places to recommend on the coastal line between Sant. and Gijon?
1. about renting a bike (alquiler de bicicletas), I found this address on the web:
BICICLETAS BH FUENFRIA
BICICLETAS: VENTA Y ALQUILER
P.º Gral. Dávila, 206
39006 - SANTANDER
Tlf: 942 376 563
The next ones are other bike-shops (do not know if they have a rental service):
A B Bike 942 32 11 11
C/ General Dávila, 240
39006 Santander (Cantabria)
Ciclos Abad 942 21 61 69
Lope de Vega, 15
39003 Santander (Cantabria)
Ciclos Vargas 942 23 00 32
C/ Vargas, 27
39010 Santander (Cantabria)
Moto Pie Salón 942 21 27 41
C/ General Mola, 32
39004 Santander (Cantabria)
Trueba Sport 942 23 87 43
Av. General Camilo Alonso Vega, 26
39007 Santander (Cantabria)
If you are staying at rural houses, most of them offer a bike rental service as well.
For all listed telephones you have to dial +34 for Spain and then the number.
You'd better check by phone or email beforehand. I dont think bike rental is common.
2. Alsa bus terminal is coach (bus) station. It's oppsite the railway stations (FEVE and RENFE), on the same square (plaza de las estaciones).
3. uf! *lots* of great places in that line. Some of the most famous are: Santillana del Mar, Altamira caves, San Vicente de la Barquera... in Cantabria. And more in Asturias I guess (never been).
You can find info and links at this web:
Have a nice trip - and be very careful on the roads. Cars are not respectful towards bikers!
Be the first to rate this answer!