Santa Rosa Travel Answers

change location
blaird's Profile Photo

Driving from LA to Santa Rosa

by blaird Online Now Nov 25, 2003 at 8:50 PM

I will be driving from LA to Santa Rosa tomorrow and I am expecting and ugly drive. Does anyone have any tips for navigating through or around San Fran on my way there. Any back ways or insider tips?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: Driving from LA to Santa Rosa

by brotherleelove Online Now Nov 25, 2003 at 9:30 PM

There is no "back way", unfortunately. But when you get to San Jose, switch to Hwy 280, which will take you into SF on 19th Ave. west of all the hard-core inner-city traffic. Stay on 19th Ave. all the way through The City and follow the signs to the G.G. Bridge. Once across the bridge it's about another 50 miles to Santa Rosa. Have a safe trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jeannette1's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Driving from LA to Santa Rosa

by Jeannette1 Online Now Nov 25, 2003 at 9:48 PM

Why go through San Francisco at all? I would take hwy 5 north, then 580 through Oakland, 80 to Albany and then cross over to 101 North to Santa Rosa. Jeannette

• blaird's Profile Photo

by blaird Online Now Nov 25, 2003 at 10:06 PM

Lee and Jeannette, thanks a ton for the options, I will check out my map and plan my trip based on your help!

• Jeannette1's Profile Photo

by Jeannette1 Online Now Nov 25, 2003 at 10:09 PM

Whatever route you choose, drive safely and have a good Thanksgiving :-) Jeannette

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

by jessicadf Online Now Nov 25, 2003 at 10:21 PM

I agree with Jeanette and Yubert about the highway 5 to 580 to 80 to 101 route... I do part of that route to and from work three days a week (San Rafael to Dublin). Just a note that traffic in the afternoon will be nasty on the stretch of 80 between Emeryville and Albany, and when you get on to 101. I'll be doing my best to get out of my office by noon tomorrow, I think... normally I'm on the road about 3:30 and it takes an hour to make that 52 mile stretch (Dublin to San Rafael) - and I'm speeding for the fastest parts... Drive safe and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines