Santa Monica

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hyatt Regency Long Beach to LAX

Long Beach 1 hours ago

My husband and I will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach for one night and have a 5pm flight from LAX on a Wednesday. What time should we book the taxi for in order to allow for traffic etc to ensure that we arrive at the airport in good time. We're thinking of booking Rapid Shuttle, but would it be easier just to order a taxi from the hotel. Thanks in advance.

more
    • chain info

Wrightwood Dec 18, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Me And My Family Want To Go Up This Weekend Just To Play In The Snow. Not Ski Or Anything. Will We Need Any Chains? We'll Be Coming From Hesperia And Los Angeles

more
    • Annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration – Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.

Los Angeles Dec 18, 2014 at 9:43 PM

1) How early should we be there to get in the line?

2) the info webpage musiccenter.org/tickets/Cale... states the "Parking under The Music Center is free". However, the Music Center website ->Plan Your Visit ->Parking lists all parking options including rates, NOT free. Can someone tell me is the free parking is just for the County Holiday Celebration? If so,

3) How to enter "Parking under the The Music Center" Also, we are visiting LA Dec.22-26, is this event worth our time? Thanks.

more
    • Arriving in Irvine....hotel in Costa Mesa

Irvine Dec 17, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Hi,
      I'm arriving in Irvine via Amtrak train and have a hotel booked in Costa Mesa. I was wondering if there is a bus/train that will get me to my hotel? I'm staying near the John Wayne Airport. Thank you in advance!

more
    • Parking for Laker's Game

Los Angeles Dec 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM

My family of four are going to watch a Laker's game on Dec. 23rd, need your advice on where to park. We don't mind walking a few blocks, but of course need your advice if it's safe to walk. The game starts at 7:30pm, so it'd be 10:30pm or later when it ends.

Thank you very much.

more
    • What's on in San Francisco?

San Francisco Dec 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Are there any good shows or plays on in San Francisco this week (Dec 1st to 4th)?

more
    • Rent a car in Irvine

Irvine Dec 6, 2014 at 3:22 AM

I want to rent a car in Irvine, where would usually visitors collect the vehicles?

more
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

airport times

Los Angeles Dec 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM

hi -- we will be flying into lax at 2pm(predicted time) on an air new zealand flight from australia . we then want to catch an internal flight lax to dallas with virgin america at 520pm--- is that enough time to get to the internal airport and get cleared through customs and allow for delays etc ?== thanks for your help

more
    • Innominate's Profile Photo

Restaurants and bars in Chinatown

San Francisco Dec 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I will be arriving in San Francisco for the first time on Friday 19 December and staying until Monday 22, and then returning for a full week in mid-January 2015. For the first night I should like to go to Chinatown. Could anyone recommend a restaurant that has great food and atmosphere? And any nice bars? Many thanks in advance.

more
    • taryn21's Profile Photo

Quickest route from LA to San Diego

Los Angeles Nov 21, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Online, I'm seeing traffic delays and construction along the I-5 from LAX to San Diego. We'll be traveling that route on Dec 1/14, flight getting in at 2pm. Recommendations from locals on the quickest route? Google maps recommends the 405 & I5. Is that correct?

more
    • 4 Month Holiday Though Cali' (Travel Issues)

California Dec 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Starting around end of July through to the end of November next year, i plan on travelling, pretty much, the whole length of California.

Unfortunately i've encountered a problem with my travel plans.
      Originally, i planned on buying a van, driving through Cali and basically living out of the van.
      After extensive research, i've scrapped this plan as it seems more or less impossible to buy, register and insure a car in the U.S as a UK citizen.

Plan B was to rent a large car/van long term and drive through Cali, once again, mainly living out of the car/van to save money on accommodation. This also comes with it's own problems as i have only just passed my driving test. A lot of rental companies require you to have held a full licence for a minimum of 1 or 2 years.
      Also rental companies charge an extra fee for drivers aged under 25. I am 23...
      AND... the amount of miles i intend on travelling may also incur more charges.
      So that's sounding like a pretty expensive option.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to travel through Cali on a budget? Or a way around massive rental charges?

Thanks for the help.

more
    • Where should I sit at AT&T Park?

San Francisco Dec 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM

We're visiting California from The UK next year and will be in SF May 2014. Would love to experience a 'ballgame' - been looking at tickets for AT&T Park (Stubhub) but do not have any idea about where the best place to sit is. We know nothing about baseball - just want to savour the atmosphere and meet some friendly SF people. Any suggestions?
      Also, what would be the best way to get to AT&T Park? We'll have a rental car but is public transport the best? We're staying in near Union Square. Kind Regards

more
    • Exciting things to do

by yourichang Online Now May 27, 2014 at 2:35 PM

What is the most exciting thing to do at Santa Monica Pier?
      Or your favorite thing to do?

4 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 1:32 PM
    • air port to santa monica

by kassyabbs Online Now May 23, 2014 at 3:05 AM

hi im travelling in just for one day and want to see santa monica and sunset blvd...im coming from the airport and wondering what is the best way to travel and how long? thanks

2 Answers May 23, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    • GustavoH's Profile Photo

July 14, someone?

by GustavoH Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 5:59 AM

then i´ll staying in santa monica in July, someone will be there??

1 Answer Apr 3, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    • GustavoH's Profile Photo

City near LA

by GustavoH Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 7:25 AM

whitch city near LA it is good to visit?

14 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM
    • Day trips from Santa Monica

by anderkelly Online Now May 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM

New question! My husband and I will be renting a car for one day to go somewhere else other than Santa Monica and Hollywood. Any recommendations on someplace along the coastline that's under a two-hour drive? We're up for good restaurants, a nice beach, or some sightseeing.

8 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    • Should I rent a car to go into Hollywood?

by anderkelly Online Now May 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM

My husband and I are going to spend the day in West Hollywood, and I've planned several activities that are somewhat close together - LACMA, The Grove and then drinks at Chateau Marmont and a comedy show at the Laugh Factory. We'll be coming from Santa Monica and I had previously thought we could cab in and walk to all of these somewhat close locations, and then cab back at night. Do you recommend this, or would renting a car be a better option?

5 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM
    • Five days in Santa Monica

by Steven63 Online Now Jun 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Hello from Bonny Scotland

My wife and I and our two sons are touring the West Coast of the USA from next Wednesday for three weeks.
      5 nights in Vegas
      9 nights in LA...five in Santa Monica and 4 in Hollywood
      6 nights in Hawaii(Oahu)
      3 nights in San Francisco
      Back home to Glasgow....sob sob

Staying in the Loews in Santa Monica.Looking for any tips,advice,things to do in Santa Monica.We have two teenage boys...16 and 13.The youngest is a skateboarder.

6 Answers Jun 22, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    • Family activities

by shellywhiteside Online Now Nov 28, 2011 at 10:42 AM

We are traveling to Santa Monica for X-mas with our 11 and 12 year old sons. We reserved a room at Shutters on the Beach. First, is it safe for the boys to go to the pier on there own if they want? Any suggestions on activities. We were thinking of renting a car. Possibly visiting Universal Studios and Venice Beach.

7 Answers Apr 18, 2012 at 4:31 AM
    • Seashore Hotel on Main Street

by patmattheisen Online Now Nov 20, 2011 at 12:15 PM

It sounds great for what we want,i.e.location, parking,not a chain. Just want to have someone's opinion on the interior. Again, am not too fussy but badly mixed chintz ala English B and Bs are hard. Lumpy mattress, can't do, and mold and bugs are beyond me. Can anyone help? Have had BAD experience in New Orleans so am gun shy. Pat M

3 Answers Feb 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    • SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve

by SFHulaGIrl Online Now Dec 9, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Now that I've settled on a hotel, what's going on in Santa Monica for New Year's Eve? Does anyone have a restaurant to recommend or any special event?

8 Answers Jan 5, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    • SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Sea Shore Motel or Sea View Hotel?

by SFHulaGIrl Online Now Aug 25, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Which has the better rooms and the better location?

1 Answer Aug 25, 2010 at 8:26 PM
    • deshbic's Profile Photo

safest/cheapest close to the beach hotel :)

by deshbic Online Now Jul 3, 2010 at 2:01 AM

Me my sister and my 5 and 3yr old boys are visting california for a few nights in july. we will not be driving so we want to stay somewhere close enough to the beach to either walk or take a bus. Were traveling on a budget so does anyone have any suggestions on some SAFE/CLEAN/CHEAP hotels? Also it will be our first time visiting any suggestions on some "must see" spots? :)

3 Answers Jul 4, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    • bubblesmum

by bubblesmum Online Now May 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Hi, My husband and I are visiting Santa Monica for 7 days at the beginning of October. This is our first visit to America. We're trying to choose a really central hotel. Is Santa Monica an easily walkable area? We will be visiting places around the LA area but had hoped not to have to hire a car. Any help or advice would be really welcome. many thanks.

8 Answers Jun 4, 2010 at 3:07 AM
    • dldkag's Profile Photo

Lodging and location question

by dldkag Online Now May 12, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Hi,
      We'll be in LA in July and have chosen Santa Monica as our base. Because we've found that the nice hotels with availability are charging350 or more per night, we're considering renting a condo for the 4 nights. The place we're looking at is near Lincoln and Santa Monica Blvd. Is this a good location? Will we be able to walk to most places (i.e. Pier, Promenade)?

Also, how long of a drive will it be to Disneyland and Hollywood from Santa Monica (assuming non rush hour traffic)?

Thanks for your assistance.

Dave

7 Answers May 13, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    • Lodging in SM

by nino224 Online Now Feb 4, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Hi,

I'm looking for a clean, safe hotel to stay at with my wife and son that's walking distance from the pier and promenade that won't break the bank. Under150 if possible. Thanks!

7 Answers Feb 5, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    • 411 on SM

by nino224 Online Now Jan 13, 2010 at 2:30 AM

Hi,

I'm taking the wife and 4 year-old to SM in mid April for a conference.

1. Do I need to rent a car or is there enough to do provided we stay near the beach and/or promenade?

2. How much can I expect to spend if I want to stay in that general area?

5 Answers Jan 23, 2010 at 2:59 AM
    • parking

by canzeld Online Now Sep 19, 2009 at 7:03 PM

where can I park for free?

3 Answers Sep 20, 2009 at 11:18 AM
    • "The Room"

by chelsmychels Online Now Sep 17, 2009 at 1:44 PM

What is the dress code???? What's the feeling on outfits--- casual, jeans and heels or uptight???

4 Answers Sep 21, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    • Is a "detour" worth it?~Long Beach or Burbank to Santa Monica??

by veresa Online Now Sep 9, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Hi! I'm lost! I am looking to get to SM ultimately, but a direct flight to LAX fr LAS seems too much to me ($99 w/tx & fees). Alternately, I am looking to get to Santa Monica fr LB or BUR. So, I am willing to take a "detour" flight & stay a night outside of SM to *save* ~$50 OW fr LAS & see another site (only opt-->evening flight). 1) Am I better off getting that deal for an evening flight to Burbank or Long Beach (i.e.,49 OW fr LAS) + a one-nt's over-nighter @either (to incl. that nt & nxt day sightseeing), and then head to SM via *Mass Transit* or cab (will not rent a car)? ORRRRR...2) Shall I spend the overpriced99w/tax OW flight fr LAS to LAX to stay all my 3 nts in Santa Monica (+ transport)? I am truly looking for the best beach experience w/ the ability to go out solo comfortably for a little nightlife/wining & dining. Ultimately, I will stay "in the area" 3-nts, no more, no less from 9/19-9/22. Also, I just received Leno tix for my last nt's stay on 9/21. Help! ;>' BB

4 Answers Sep 15, 2009 at 11:36 AM
    • JMur's Profile Photo

Santa Monica Events Calendar

by JMur Online Now May 13, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I'm going to Santa Monica and want to find a Santa Monica events calendar or Santa Monica travel guide. Any Southern California events calendar that lists Southern California visitor information including Santa Monica would do.

3 Answers May 13, 2009 at 3:19 PM
    • Public Transpo

by nino224 Online Now May 11, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Hi,

I'm going to be in Santa Monica at the Hyatt Century Plaza on Ave. of the Stars. How far is the pier, and is there public transpo I can take to get there?
      Also, besides the beach, what else can I do in the area with a three year old?

Thanks!

2 Answers May 13, 2009 at 10:15 AM
    • ebel0009's Profile Photo

Santa Monica Meeting Venue

by ebel0009 Online Now May 2, 2009 at 9:50 PM

What are some good Santa Monica meeting venues? I'm looking for creative meeting venues or beach front meeting spaces in Santa Monica. Can anyone recommend any Santa Monica meeting venues?

2 Answers May 2, 2009 at 10:58 PM
    • darrmont's Profile Photo

Good value hotels

by darrmont Online Now Dec 26, 2008 at 6:21 AM

I am planning on staying a few nights around the Santa Monica area and would like to stay close to the beach although to get better value I am happy to go a bit as I have a car. I wonder is there any area close to the coast where car parking is likely to be free for guests and reasonably priced hotels.

2 Answers May 13, 2009 at 10:43 AM
    • Temps only in the 60's????

by Sapphire695 Online Now May 27, 2008 at 1:56 PM

I'm due to arrive in SaMo on July 7th. I've been watching the weather on "weather.com" and notice it's only reaches the hight 60's for the high from now until June 5th. Has it really been that cool? I will have a 9 yr old boy w/me and would like to spend a few days at the beach, otherwise the kid may get kinda bored. Have people been on the beach? Does it maybe feel warmer than the high 60's?

5 Answers May 27, 2008 at 4:14 PM
    • carvelcake's Profile Photo

From NY to Santa Monica

by carvelcake Online Now May 11, 2008 at 12:01 AM

I want to go to Santa Monica from NY.Could you tell me what is the most interesting and atractive way to go.
      I`ll be happy:-)

6 Answers May 14, 2008 at 5:50 PM
    • laurel`s canyon

by emilykokal Online Now May 2, 2008 at 11:44 AM

I want to visit Laurel`s Canyon, where can I find a good map of roads near this one or a good guide of thic location, anybody can help me?
      I`ll be very glad :-)

4 Answers May 4, 2008 at 8:14 AM
    • Hollywood to Santa Monica

by lexie_2388 Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Does anyone know the apprx. cab fare from hollywood to santa monica beach?

2 Answers Apr 17, 2008 at 3:52 PM
    • hi santa monica hostel

by deshie Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 5:53 AM

Is this hostel safe and has anybody ever stayed there?

3 Answers Mar 21, 2008 at 10:14 AM
    • July2's Profile Photo

Marriott 'Le Merigot' Hotel, Santa Monica

by July2 Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 1:27 PM

We're considering booking at the above hotel for two nights. Does anyone have any comments about it, good or bad, or have another beachfront suggestion?

Thanks, Louisa

8 Answers Mar 8, 2008 at 2:05 PM
    • vacation rental

by rubbo Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 12:55 PM

hi there!

anyone knows about web pages apart from vacationrental.com where I could seek for house renting in santa monica area..We´re a group of 7-8 adults visiting LA and we have been told that area is nice for staying..we´ll stay jsut 4 nights and we´d like to take advantage of time as much as possible
      any help will be very welcomed
      thank you very very much...
      I´m keeping seeking!!heheh

1 Answer Feb 7, 2008 at 2:21 PM