Santa Marta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• inexpensive lodging

Barranquilla Apr 11, 2014 at 5:12 PM

where can we find, pension type, live in someones home, lodging?

more
    • Bogota tour

Bogotá Mar 22, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Any of you experts can figure out for me - a 4 1/2 day tour of Bogota?
      Museums, restaurants, major sights, different neighborhoods, some local shopping but not that much artesanias, Leather and some custom jewelry. Art - paintings if not expensive.
      Even a bit out of the city - if time permits.

more
    • 15 month old

by Carolynmstokes Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Is there any advise on what to make sure my son stays away from

• Is Santa Martha Safe?

by whitzbrown Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to find out how the safety is in Santa Martha? My boyfriend and I have lived in Villavicencio for 6 months now and Bogota for 3 months, so we are aware that Colombia can occasionally be dangerous.

I wanted to find out from you guys, if it would be okay for my boyfriend and I to live there or is it a big NO NO ??

Help me out please :)

• Bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena

by diazvaldez Online Now Nov 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Hi, I´d like to know if there is a direct, non stop bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena? How long it takes?
      is there a web site with the buses time tables?
      where is the bus terminal located in Santa Marta?
      I´m planning to do the trip around january 5th 2013, is that period high season? do i need to buy the ticket in advance?
      is it safe to travel by bus??
      Thanks.

4 Answers Feb 19, 2013 at 4:18 AM
    • Tours

by Parisfrance1 Online Now Jun 28, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Hi, I will be in Santa Marta for 3 days and I would like to know if there is a tour that takes you around in a boat. What places ou will recommend to visit in such a short time

• Barranquilla Airport to Santa Marta

by DKDNU2 Online Now Apr 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM

How much is to take a shuttle/taxi from Barraquilla airport to Santa Marta? US Dollars.

1 Answer Jun 22, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    • Fun2Rick's Profile Photo

Looking for relaxed healty place on Caribbian coast

by Fun2Rick Online Now Feb 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Hola travel friends,
      The last week of February I arrive in Colombia. I would like to know what is the most relaxed beautiful place to stay on the caribbian cost in Colombia. I looking for a small nice place on or near the beach with a friendly backpacker atmosphere. A place where good health is important, where good food is available and services like masages or reiki healing are possible.

Thanks Rick

1 Answer Jun 22, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    • How to buy

by tdudash Online Now Jan 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM

How can I buy some authentic Santa Marta grown coffee, and in what quantities?

1 Answer Jan 7, 2012 at 11:36 PM
    • Place to rent for 2 months in Santa Marta, CO?

by sierra.stonebrook Online Now Dec 22, 2011 at 4:09 PM

I am interning in Santa Marta, Colombia, from Feb 20th to April 22nd. Does anyone know where I could find relatively inexpensive accommodation in a relatively central location? I don't want to spend a fortune on a place to stay, especially when my internship is unpaid.

• Appartments and Friends in Santa Marta

by PhaTCaT007 Online Now May 4, 2011 at 3:05 AM

Hola Amigos,

mira soy Canadiense y estoy planeando estar en Colombia de Julio hasta Augosto. En ese tiempo voy a pasar almenos un mes entero en Santa Marta. Mi plan es de alquilar un departamento ameublado durante el tiempo que estoy ahi.

Quiero pasar mis dias pescando al harpon. Tambien quiero encontrar un gym de MMA, especificamente de Brazilian Jiu Jitsu si hay y buena rutas para correr.

Soy en muy buena forma y quiero conocer a gente de mi edad mas o menos. Tengo 27 anos. Mi espanol es bastante fuerte porque vivi en Buenos Aires por un buen rato. Soy un latino del norte...

Si pueden darme o recomendar personas para hablar de departamentos, un buen gym de MMA y tambien si hay gente que quieren tomar un trago... o mas... pasame la informacion y cuando llego salimos a divertirnos.

Hasta la proxima y muchos gracias por todo su ayuda!

PhaTCaT

• Looking for an apartment in El Rodadero

by becmckeever Online Now Apr 26, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Hi Guys,

My boyfriend and I are currently in Santa Marta. We are studying Spanish and completing our Dive Masters in Taganga and afterwards we hope to stay for some volunteer work.

In saying that, we hope to be within the area for up to 4 months and we are TRYING to find an apartment for rent in El Rodadero. We do want something reasonably nice but every even though it's after the high season, every apartment we have seen has their prices way too expensive. For something that we know is 600,000 pesos, they are asking for over 1,000,000.

It doesn't help that we can't speak fluent Spanish!

Does anyone know of any apartments for rent or an agency we can speak to that could help us out?

We'd really appreciate it!

Thanks x

• Traegary's Profile Photo

apartment in Santa Marta !!!

by Traegary Online Now Feb 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM

I am going to Santa Marta in a couple months And want to find a funrished apartment to rent for the 2 or 3 weeks I will be there! I always rent apartment in Cartagena and it works well for me! Id there any apartments in Santa Marta? please help!!

2 Answers Apr 27, 2011 at 6:24 AM
    • Siff's Profile Photo

Tours and visits in Santa Marta

by Siff Online Now Jan 8, 2010 at 5:51 AM

Hello,

My boss is travelling to Santa Marta and I would like to know where he can find good guides (men guides, not books) to visit the different places.

Does he have to go to travel agencies? Or can he find them on the streets? Are there many scams?

Thanks a lot!!

4 Answers Apr 3, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    • Bus Santa Marta Caracas

by philon Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Hi

i have a question :

does anyone know about busses from Santa Marta to Caracas , like when such busses are leaving santa marta, day or night, if ticket reservations are necessary ahead and most important, how long is the trip til caracas ?

have to do it next week...
      thanks a lot for your help :)
      greetz
      philipp

2 Answers Dec 28, 2009 at 1:38 PM
    • SANTA MARTA

by ORANGEBUTTERFLY Online Now Mar 9, 2009 at 3:29 PM

WOULD YOU MIND ADVISING ME WHAT TOURIST PLACES VISIT?

1 Answer Mar 10, 2009 at 10:05 AM
    • TRAVEL TO SANTA MARTA

by ORANGEBUTTERFLY Online Now Mar 9, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Could you please tell me how I can arrive to Tairona´s park in Santa Marta?

2 Answers May 13, 2009 at 9:53 PM
    • I REALLY WANT TO TRAVEL TO SANTA MARTA

by ORANGEBUTTERFLY Online Now Mar 9, 2009 at 3:24 PM

HI, I´M IN GOGOTA AND I REALLY WANT TO TRAVEL TO SANTA MARTA, SO WOULD YOU MIND ADVISING ME IF IT´S BETTER TO STAY IN A HOTEL OR RENT AN APARMENT?

1 Answer May 13, 2009 at 9:58 PM
    • Shaddow's Profile Photo

bus from Cartagena airport to st. marta

by Shaddow Online Now Sep 13, 2008 at 12:02 AM

We need to know how to get to St Marta from Cartengan Airport. Cost???

3 Answers Sep 13, 2008 at 11:01 PM
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Recommendations for a Day in Santa Marta

by grandmaR Online Now Jul 12, 2008 at 12:00 PM

We will be in Santa Marta on a small ship from 10 am to 5 pm on about the 14th of November. I would really like to visit friends in Cartegena, but I gather that would be difficult to do.

I would like to see local historic type places, including lighthouses and cemeteries and museums. Is Santa Marta a good place to do that? The only tour mentioned from the ship is the Santa Marta City Tour and Folkloric Show which apparently includes:

"The cathedral, built in four years later by the Dominicans, was named the Church of Santa Ana, and historians described the walls of the cathedral as "built with the barril boards carried by the river when it swelled." The Customs House is an architectural monument, beautifully restored and preserved as the Bank of the Republic's Gold Museum. It exhibits pre-Columbian artifacts and includes a small yet priceless collection of Tayrona gold and pottery pieces. San Pedro de Alejandrino Village dates back to the 17th century. It is a country estate outside the city limits and has been the setting for many significant events in Colombian history. In 1830, don Joaquin Mier y Benitez offered his home to the Great Liberator Simon Bolivar—a refuge for this last days. It was later declared a National Monument by the Colombian Government. Not only has the interior of the house been preserved, but the many gardens have also been restored to their former glory by National Tourism Corporation. El Rodadero is a lively strip of hotel and apartments built around the Gaira Bay, where the beaches are particularly lovely. You will stop at a local hotel for a special folkloric show, soft drinks and beer, with a chance to shop for handicrafts before returning to the ship."

Could we perhaps do this on our own? Could we hire a taxi to take us around? (I don't walk terribly well.)

I hear that the fishing village is a good place to scuba from. I don't know if a scuba excursion here would be possible within that time frame. We are certified, but have not dived in awhile, so would need a short refresher.

1 Answer Sep 2, 2008 at 12:41 PM
    • Accomidation in Santa Marta

by toille Online Now Jan 23, 2008 at 2:11 PM

My girls friend and I will be arriving in Santa Marta Saturday night. I know this sounds sad but i was rather hoping I could catch Manchester United vs Tottenham in the FA Cup. Could any body recommend ether a reasonable guest house/hotel with cable T.V or a sports bar of sorts. Thank you kindly

1 Answer Feb 3, 2008 at 12:46 PM
    • Crepes Restaurant

by Jonkay01 Online Now Sep 29, 2007 at 8:09 AM

I am trying to find the address and phone number of a crepes restaurant in Santa Marta .It is owned by a Frenchman

4 Answers Oct 1, 2007 at 8:42 AM
    • Salsa Classes

by h2n Online Now Apr 29, 2007 at 1:32 PM

Hey I am planning on a trip to Santa Marta / Taganga in june, july, does anybody know if I can land salsa classes there?

Can someone give me contacts of scuba diving clubs there (I want to get my open water PADI)

THanks

Henri

1 Answer May 14, 2007 at 7:36 PM
    • debg

by debg2200 Online Now Mar 17, 2007 at 8:47 AM

where can I get a local fishing guide in Rodadero for red snapper? thanx, debg

1 Answer Apr 14, 2007 at 3:51 PM
    • Aquarium/Dolphin Swim

by rey68 Online Now Nov 30, 2006 at 8:42 AM

I am coming to Santa Marta in mid December on a cruise. How do you get from the pier to El Rodadero? And how do you get to the aquarium from there. Is there a shuttle boat that takes you over and can you swim with the dolphins. Does anyone know the costs. Thank you from Canada

1 Answer Nov 30, 2006 at 1:02 PM
    • About Santa Marta.....

by jt1232 Online Now Aug 2, 2006 at 9:33 AM

Hi there.....on the promanade in santa marta, do vendors (food, drink ect) exist, and if so do they exist at night also? Thanx!

• marcelpoulin's Profile Photo

Short term apt rentals in Sta-Marta

by marcelpoulin Online Now Jul 31, 2004 at 4:30 PM

Could anybody help with info (availability and approx prices) regarding weekly or monthly rentals of small furnished apts close to the center and the seaside as I plan to visit for 2 months in october and november. Mucho gracias Marcel

2 Answers Aug 5, 2004 at 1:57 PM
    • Safety in Santa Marta

by Gigipi Online Now Apr 19, 2004 at 5:12 PM

Hello, I am planning my next vacation to Cartagena, but would like to visit Santa Marta as well. I would like to know how safe is Santa Marta, and the trip from Barranquilla to Santa Martha. If anyone can tell me...as this is my first trip to Colombia. Thanks

4 Answers May 13, 2009 at 10:05 PM