Santa Marta Travel Answers

change location
Siff's Profile Photo

Tours and visits in Santa Marta

by Siff Online Now Jan 8, 2010 at 5:51 AM

Hello,

My boss is travelling to Santa Marta and I would like to know where he can find good guides (men guides, not books) to visit the different places.

Does he have to go to travel agencies? Or can he find them on the streets? Are there many scams?

Thanks a lot!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: Tours and visits in Santa Marta

by grandmaR Online Now Jan 8, 2010 at 8:27 AM

We were in Santa Marta on a cruise ship, and we went to the tourist office and they picked a cab driver to take us around. That worked out fine although he didn't speak English and I don't speak Spanish. I had a map and just pointed to where I wanted to go (the Cathedral primarily) My brother-in-law warned us that there are a lot of kidnappings in Santa Marta, so I probably wouldn't just pick someone up off the street.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MalenaN's Profile Photo

by MalenaN Online Now Jan 8, 2010 at 9:35 AM

I have visited the city of Santa Marta twice on my own, but I was never approached by any scams. When I made the Ciudad Perdida trek I arranged it through Turcol. They also make other tours in the area and they have experienced guides. They can be contacted through www.turcol.i8.com/

• Siff's Profile Photo

by Siff Online Now Jan 9, 2010 at 5:09 AM

Thanks a lot for your help!!

• Re: Tours and visits in Santa Marta

by swander Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Hi I live here in Santa Marta the next time your boss is coming let me know. I'm a professional guide.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines