Santa Marta Travel Answers

change location

TRAVEL TO SANTA MARTA

by ORANGEBUTTERFLY Online Now Mar 9, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Could you please tell me how I can arrive to Tairona´s park in Santa Marta?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • MalenaN's Profile Photo

Re: TRAVEL TO SANTA MARTA

by MalenaN Online Now Mar 10, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Buses are leaving for the entrance of Tyrona National Park from Santa Marta market place, in the corner of Calle 11/Carrera 11. They are leaving about every half an hour between 7 - 15. The price is 4000 pesos (August 2008) and it takes a little bit more than an hour. The bus will drop you at the road to Cañaveral. There the military will look at your passport/document and search your bag. From there you walk 20 metres up to the place where you pay the entrance fee to the National Park. There you also take a jeep, or truck, the last 4 - 5 km to the park (Cañaveral). The car leaves when there is enough people and it cost 2000 pesos.
    Then you have to walk. To Arrecifes it took me 40 minutes, and to Cabo San Juan another 35 minutes. Depends where you are going though!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • the___gecko's Profile Photo

Re: TRAVEL TO SANTA MARTA

by the___gecko Online Now May 13, 2009 at 9:53 PM

just in regards to the cop bag search, theyre after ganja. if your a smoker like most back packers are, just hide it somewhere like your camera case or somewhere similar.

dont hide it down your jocks though. ive been there 3 times and once the fagot cop grabbed me by the goolies a few times over. first time i assumed it was for drugs but when he did it again i realized he was a fully fledged shirt lifter abusing his position as a law enforcer for perverted homosexual pleasure.

im sure he and his poofter mate gave each other head after there shift.

enjoy tayrona though, without doubt the number 1 beach paradise in the world that ive experienced.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines