Santa Margherita Ligure

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• free walking trail maps

by alan.steel Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 9:19 PM

where or how can I get free walking trail maps for walks out of santa margherita ligure

3 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 1:39 AM
    • Train from Florence to Santa Margherita

by lharmon Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Hi, I am wanting to get a train from Florence to Santa Margherita. Is there 1 stop in Pisa and what is the fastest train? Once in Santa Margherita, what is the best/easiest way to get to hotels (centrally)? We will have children with us, so easiest & quickets is best. Also, is there good nightlife in Santa Margherita? Thank you!

4 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    • APARTMENTS IN SANTA MARGHARITA

by bibewa Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM

HOW DO I FIND A MONTHLY RENTAL APARTMENT FOR ONE, NEAR THE BUS STOP AND THE MARINA. WHAT IS A FAIR PRICE?

3 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 12:42 PM
    • weekend outside carts

by helen3366 Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 9:04 PM

what is the hair accessory that a lady demonstrated for sale in the square in Santa Margherita, she is an outside vendor?

• TRANSPORTATION

by friendly3330 Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Am going to be here in October and would like to go to the Cinque Terre. Can you tell me the easiest and quickest way to get there? Do not have a car. I only will have a day available to tour these marvelous villages. I want to get to Vernazza for lunch and walk the path from Manarola to Riomaggiore besides exploring these villages. So exciting!!
      This is the 3rd trip to Italy for me and I am determined to get there this time. Thank you all for the help.

8 Answers Apr 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM
    • carrieb12's Profile Photo

Traveling with 12 year old

by carrieb12 Online Now Nov 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Hello All,
      I am so excited about our trip in June 2012. I am drawn to Santa Margherita, but I am not sure that this is the place to stay. We plan on staying in a central location for 6 nights and explore the surrounding areas. I want to be in a place that in the evenings we can explore the city by walking around a piazza, talking with locals, and eating yummy gelato. My daughter is 12 years old and I want her to remember this trip forever, so please advise if Santa Margherita is the place to be for us. Also, I am a teacher so we are on a budget!!!
      Thanks you for any help you can provide.

6 Answers Nov 29, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    • Helenluckystar

by helenluckystar Online Now Jun 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Are there any touring caravan sites close to Santa Margherita Ligure?

2 Answers Jun 24, 2011 at 5:11 AM
    • Self-Catering Accomodations

by beejay421 Online Now May 19, 2011 at 9:03 PM

My husband, two sisters and I are planning a week in Liguria and would like to stay in Santa Margherita. We are looking for a self-catering accommodation with two bedrooms but are not having any luck. Does anyone have any recommendations for us?

2 Answers May 22, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    • Trains from Milan to Santa Margherita

by aussieinitaly Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 1:38 AM

We are arriving at Malpensa Airport in Milan and need to catch a train to Santa Margherita. Should we buy train tickets online before we leave home? Does anyone have any other tips for our trip?

3 Answers Sep 6, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    • Port Location

by melonga Online Now Sep 18, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I would like to find out what is the place or area where the cruise ships arrive. I might be taking a cruise next year and I would like exactly where are we going to arrive.
      thank you

4 Answers Sep 19, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    • bettyo70's Profile Photo

HELP! Trying to locate good walking maps for Santa Margherita, Portofino, etc

by bettyo70 Online Now Sep 6, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Hi Everyone!

In the interest of saving time later, I had wanted to find good walking maps of Santa Margherita and Portofino BEFORE arriving in Liguria.

People directed me to viamichelin.com for maps, but I noticed that these maps don't mark off the major tourist sites so unfortunately, they are not detailed enough.

Instead of having to buy a million different tourist books, does anyone happen to know if the tourist office in CAMOGLI might have good walking maps of the other towns? Or are there other sites online with better detailed maps of the towns?

Thanks a million / Grazie mille! --Betty

4 Answers Sep 7, 2009 at 11:11 AM
    • how long

by julielara Online Now May 18, 2009 at 7:53 AM

how long is the train journey fro pisa airport to sant marghurita by train

1 Answer May 18, 2009 at 11:12 AM

What are your favorite hikes near Camogli/ Santa Margherita / San Fruttuoso?

by bettyo70 Online Now May 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Hi Everyone,

So we have set our September trip to Liguria with a 6-night base in Camogli... WOO-HOO!

One hike that we will do for sure is the Levanto-to-Monterosso hike.

Aside from the well-known Cinque Terre hikes, what are some hikes with beautiful views NOT TO BE MISSED??

1) I think we will skip the Santa Margherita-to-Portofino hike because it sounds a bit unpleasant and I want to AVOID SEEING HIGHWAYS whenever possible.

2) I heard that there are great hikes above Camogli, San Fruttuoso and Santa Margherita (perhaps one of them involved SAN LORENZO... not sure if I'm confusing the name of the area).

3) Is there a PARK in the area that is definitely worth seeing? Think I heard Portofino area had a cool park.

4) If you mention a hike here, please also let me know if it is difficult or moderate because we'll be travelling with some non-hikers as well.

Thank you / Grazie mille for your advice! And Happy Mother's Day to all!!!

18 Answers May 18, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Is Santa Margherita a WALKABLE town?

by bettyo70 Online Now May 9, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Hi Everybody!

I am curious if Santa Margherita Ligure is one of those places where you can easily reach every place by walking. (It doesn't SEEM that big.)

We're planning atleast one daytrip to Santa Margherita from Camogli.

We were wondering if driving into SM will be a problem... Is it hard to find parking? And once we're in SM, will we want to get everywhere by foot?

Thanks for your help!

11 Answers May 18, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    • Walking to Santa Margharita from Positano

by Mimi21 Online Now Sep 12, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Our cruise ship docks in Positano. We are thinking of walking to Santa Margharita. Is the walk on the road or on the beach better. Is it approximately 5 mi, and any other advice for a day trip.

4 Answers Sep 19, 2008 at 12:38 PM
    • Travel from Genova Airport

by Chrissie123 Online Now Feb 9, 2008 at 9:49 AM

Please can someone tell me if it is possible to travel by bus from the airport at Genova to Santa Margherita Ligure? Is it possible to see any bus timetables for 2008?
      Also, do you know how much a taxi from the airport would cost?
      Thank you very much.

4 Answers Mar 27, 2008 at 8:07 AM
    • Train tickets questions

by TravelTwee Online Now Jan 7, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if I need to buy a separate Cinque Terre day pass including the train rides from each village if I buy a roundtrip ticket from Santa Margherita to Riomaggiore and then work my way back towards Monterosso before coming back to Santa Margherita.

So this is the route: Santa Margherita- Riomaggiore-Manarola-Corniglia-Vernanzza-Monterosso- Santa Margherita.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Jan 7, 2008 at 7:41 PM
    • recommended restuarant in Santa Margherita Ligure

by MimiPawPaw Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 10:59 AM

We will arrive in Santa Margherita L. on Wednesday, March 19, 2008, and would like recommendations of good, reasonably priced restuarants or bistros or cafes in the vicinity of the Duomo. We would like to walk to the restuarant and to have a place we could call "home" for the 4 days, 3 nights we are there. We enjoy very much having a familiar place to eat while we are on trips.

We enjoy healthy dishes made with fresh vegetables and local ingredients. The simplier the better. We would like to have a selection of main courses in the 5-10 euro range, if possible.

We really appreciate any suggestions.

Also, we would like to locate a grocer.

Thank you very much.
      Mimi

2 Answers Dec 30, 2007 at 7:37 PM
    • Wedding in Santa Margherita Ligure

by Simonatrimarchi Online Now Dec 13, 2007 at 10:08 PM

I am getting married in Santa Margherita Ligure in May 2008 and being based in Australia at present makes it hard to determine where to have a reception! I have narrowed it down to "La Darsena" at Hotel Helios or "La Cambusa" a quaint restaurant off the marina.

Does anyone have any experiences they may like to share with me about either of these places, with regards to quality of food, value for money and service. Whilst La Darsena has a lovelier outlook, experience to date with them is that they are not too accomodating and this is the last thing I want for my wedding! I am interested in somewhere on the water with a nice view and fantastic food.

Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 6, 2008 at 4:22 PM
    • hotel swimming pools in Santa Margherita Ligure

by john_walsh Online Now Jun 26, 2007 at 5:08 AM

Hi,
      Will be coming to Santa Margherita shortly for a 2 week holiday. We are staying at Hotel Helios but are a little concerned that its swimming pool is a natural seawater, although we understand that there may be a new 'pool there.

Anyway, is it possible to go to other hotels in Santa Margherita and pay to use their swimming pools and facilities?
      Thanks
      John,
      The Wirral, UK

2 Answers Jun 26, 2007 at 12:47 PM
    • Swimming in Santa Margherita Ligure

by gianduia Online Now Apr 29, 2007 at 4:54 PM

Hello! Im thinking of visiting the Portofino peninsula in mid-to-late June, and staying in Santa Margherita Ligure. I was just wondering, is the water there clean enough to swim in? And is it warm or cold?
      Thank you in advance,
      gianduia

2 Answers May 2, 2007 at 1:20 PM
    • Bus to Portofino

by philip1976 Online Now Jan 1, 2007 at 8:41 AM

Does anyone know where I can find a bus timetable for buses from Santa Margherita to Portofino travelling in March 2007?

Thanks

Phil

4 Answers Feb 20, 2007 at 7:00 AM
    • RandyGott's Profile Photo

Advice on French and Italian Riviera

by RandyGott Online Now Aug 8, 2005 at 7:09 PM

Hi All,

My girlfriend and I are going to arrive in Nice on Sep 3 and then plan to visit French Riviera (Nice, Monaco, Provence, Cannes, St Tropez)and then onto Cinque Terre. We will rent car and drive. Need to be back in Nice on Sep 11.

I would appreciate any suggestions on an itinerary, hotels, restaurants, places to see/things to do, and any other good advice you have to offer.

Thank you very, very much!
      Randy

• Where to stay?

by batgirl515 Online Now Feb 10, 2004 at 2:50 PM

My beau and I want to go to cinque terra, but were thinking of staying in Santa Margherita. How far the 5terre from Santa Margherita? Also, considering staying in La Spezia or sestre levante. Any suggestions?

4 Answers Feb 26, 2004 at 4:30 PM
    • Santa Margherita Ligure in winter?

by santaelena99 Online Now Aug 6, 2003 at 10:43 AM

Is it true that Santa Margherita Ligure is "dead" in winter? I'm travelling to Italy in February and wanted to go back to S. Margherita Ligure (happy memories), but I heard somewhere that virtually all the accommodation, restaurants etc are closed at this time. I don't mind the cold, but don't want to be in a ghost town, so to speak... Does anyone know if this is true? thanks!

1 Answer Aug 6, 2003 at 5:08 PM