Santa Margherita Ligure Travel Answers

change location
bettyo70's Profile Photo

HELP! Trying to locate good walking maps for Santa Margherita, Portofino, etc

by bettyo70 Online Now Sep 6, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Hi Everyone!

In the interest of saving time later, I had wanted to find good walking maps of Santa Margherita and Portofino BEFORE arriving in Liguria.

People directed me to viamichelin.com for maps, but I noticed that these maps don't mark off the major tourist sites so unfortunately, they are not detailed enough.

Instead of having to buy a million different tourist books, does anyone happen to know if the tourist office in CAMOGLI might have good walking maps of the other towns? Or are there other sites online with better detailed maps of the towns?

Thanks a million / Grazie mille! --Betty

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: HELP! Trying to locate good walking maps for Santa Margherita, Portofino, etc

by travelgourmet Online Now Sep 6, 2009 at 12:24 PM

I have walked the woods trail from Santa Margherita to Portofino. It is a pleasant walk with some portions a little tiring but doable. The closest thing to a precise description of the walk and others in the area, that I know of, is at the following websites: walking.about.com/cs/cardsan... goitaly.about.com/od/liguria...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bettyo70's Profile Photo

Re: HELP! Trying to locate good walking maps for Santa Margherita, Portofino, etc

by bettyo70 Online Now Sep 6, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Thank you, travelgourmet!

Actually, I'm more looking for the regular street maps for tourists that the tourism offices usually give out (as opposed to a map for hikers).

The ones that have markers for major tourists sights, not trails.

I was hoping they would have these online, but have not been able to locate them.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Sep 6, 2009 at 8:07 PM

The following website does not have a walking town map but it does describe the places of interest in the region: travelplan.it/portofino_guid...

• Noel_Leon's Profile Photo

by Noel_Leon Online Now Sep 7, 2009 at 11:11 AM

A good map comes together with the Sagep guide, you can buy online the English version at: sagep.it/easyStore/SchedeVed...
    You could also mail your request to the Ente Parco Portofino, the local park autority. Check a rough map and address at: parcoportofino.it/page.aspx?...
    Enjoy your hike.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Santa Margherita Ligure