Santa Margherita Ligure Travel Answers

change location

Travel from Genova Airport

by Chrissie123 Online Now Feb 9, 2008 at 9:49 AM

Please can someone tell me if it is possible to travel by bus from the airport at Genova to Santa Margherita Ligure? Is it possible to see any bus timetables for 2008?
Also, do you know how much a taxi from the airport would cost?
Thank you very much.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • nicolaitan's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from Genova Airport

by nicolaitan Online Now Feb 9, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Welcome to VT - have been to SML several times. I think that if you are not renting a car, the train is the fastest and easiest way to get there directly to the center of SML.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from Genova Airport

by mccalpin Online Now Feb 9, 2008 at 9:50 PM

I don't know how much the taxi would be, but since SML is 42 kilometers (25 miles), it won't be cheap...and you might be charged double (for the ride back that the driver will have to make since he probably won't get a fare in SML).

Lew is surely correct that the train is simpler than a direct bus, if there even is one (I haven't looked). You will want to take a bus from the airport to Principe train station, then take one of a zillion trains running along this line.

See airport.genova.it/pagine/mez... for the airport website's info on taking the bus to the train station, and see www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html for train schedules...although I would expect that there are a number of regional trains that run along this line, so that you could just show up, buy a ticket, validate it, and hop on the next train...

Bill

• Re: Travel from Genova Airport

by aprica71 Online Now Feb 11, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Take a taxi to the railway station (stazione Principe) and then catch a train: there is a train evry 30 minutes and it's very fast and much much cheaper..
    If you want to see some pics of Santa Margherita here is a site santa-margherita-ligure.mybl...

• Re: Travel from Genova Airport

by Chrissie123 Online Now Mar 27, 2008 at 8:07 AM

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. I think a taxi to Genova and then a train is the answer for me. I visited SML last year (but a friend ferried me to and from the airport) and absolutely loved it.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Santa Margherita Ligure