Santa Margherita Ligure Travel Answers

change location

Wedding in Santa Margherita Ligure

by Simonatrimarchi Online Now Dec 13, 2007 at 10:08 PM

I am getting married in Santa Margherita Ligure in May 2008 and being based in Australia at present makes it hard to determine where to have a reception! I have narrowed it down to "La Darsena" at Hotel Helios or "La Cambusa" a quaint restaurant off the marina.

Does anyone have any experiences they may like to share with me about either of these places, with regards to quality of food, value for money and service. Whilst La Darsena has a lovelier outlook, experience to date with them is that they are not too accomodating and this is the last thing I want for my wedding! I am interested in somewhere on the water with a nice view and fantastic food.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

Re: Wedding in Santa Margherita Ligure

by zuriga Online Now Dec 13, 2007 at 11:36 PM

I remember eating at La Darsena, but it was (checked my diary) about 8 years ago. I do recall it was a lovely view, but I can't say the food was outstanding as I really can't remember. We were staying at the Hotel Continental very close by, and that was a lovely spot, too. I have a feeling the food there was a bit more elegant as was the service. Good luck with the wedding - that's a beautiful spot for one!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Wedding in Santa Margherita Ligure

by luandp Online Now Oct 6, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Hi,
    Congratulations, I hope the wedding went well. My fiance and I are planning to get married in September 2009 in Santa Margherita Ligure also. We are also having trouble deciding where to have our reception. Please can you let me know where you decided for your reception and for how many people, etc. If you have any advice I would be so grateful. Thank you.
    Lu

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Santa Margherita Ligure