Santa Margherita Ligure Travel Answers

change location

Where to stay?

by batgirl515 Online Now Feb 10, 2004 at 2:50 PM

My beau and I want to go to cinque terra, but were thinking of staying in Santa Margherita. How far the 5terre from Santa Margherita? Also, considering staying in La Spezia or sestre levante. Any suggestions?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay?

by dnwitte Online Now Feb 10, 2004 at 3:25 PM

I stayed in La Spezia and found it a pleasant enough place with no shortage of accommodations and places to eat.. And from there it's only about a 5 minute train ride to the first Cinque Terre village. Haven't been to Sta. Margherita.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Where to stay?

by batgirl515 Online Now Feb 10, 2004 at 8:15 PM

Thanks for the info? Where did you stay in La Spezia?

• dnwitte's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Where to stay?

by dnwitte Online Now Feb 11, 2004 at 5:32 AM

Don't remember the name of the place. You walk straight out of the station, cross the street, go down the little stairs to the next street and there it is, facing you. But in any case, if you just stroll around you see places, no problem.

• Re: Where to stay?

by phillips910 Online Now Feb 26, 2004 at 4:30 PM

I stayed in Santa Margherita Ligure in September 2003. To get to the Cinque Terre, you take a local train that runs very regularly and takes about 1/2 hour. We stayed at the Albergo Fasce hotel which was very reasonably priced. Since we wanted to be outside as much as possible, we didn't require luxurious accommodations. Santa Margherita is small enough to walk everywhere. We found good restaurants and lots of things to do. We will definitely go back.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Santa Margherita Ligure