Santa Fe

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• One Way from ABQ to Taos

Taos Apr 4, 2014 at 12:46 PM

two of us are flying to Albuquerque on June 3rd and need to get to Taos that same day to meet up with other travelers. We only need one way to Taos that day. I have only seen one shuttle that makes this trip and it's Twin Hearts. They don't pick up the phone to inquire or reserve and the reviews are just dreadful about them. To rent a car one way from ABQ to Taos is very expensive as well. do you have any other suggestions?

more
    • Airport to Hotel

by NGCH2 Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Hi.. we are arriving next week ( very excited ) . Just wonder how best to get from SAnta Fe airport to Santa Fe sage Inn hotel ?

5 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    • Day Tour Operator recommendation

by NGCH2 Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 7:19 AM

My hisband and I are planning a trip on 24 Jan 2014. I am thinking of doing a day trip to brandelier monument. Thinking of looking for a day trip operator which is decently priced. Any recommendations ?

3 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

good hotel in santa fe for elderly parents

by maggiefoss Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Hi, i am traveling to santa fe for 2 days with my elderly mom.. She walks with a cane, fairly slowly and cant walk very long distances. Would it be better to stay farther from downtown and just drive and park at the various areas, or try to stay right near the center of town and try to walk (slowly) to things. also, does anyone have a suggestion for a nice hotel/inn that would be good for 3 adults (my sister is traveling with us also.,) What would be something that we shouldnt miss while we are in santa fe? thanks, Maggiefoss

4 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    • Pukku's Profile Photo

Photography in Santa Fe, New Mexico

by Pukku Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I would like to know if it is permitted to photograph museums and churches, and local people in Santa Fe, NM.
      Any sights that are forbidden to take pictures? Thanks.

4 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    • christmas week

by josephreba Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 7:34 PM

My husband and I will be traveling to Santa Fe and staying Christmas week...we will have our 21 yr old and 15 yr old with us...we need ideas on a basic plan of things to do...they are interested in sledding or snowmobiling...other events or things to do...suggestions? Thanks We are also thinking of a vacation rental instead of a hotel

4 Answers Nov 24, 2011 at 7:29 PM
    • LynnieAshB's Profile Photo

Santa Fe to Abiquiu?

by LynnieAshB Online Now Sep 2, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Okay... My plan is to go to Santa Fe, NM September 2012, but am trying to figure out what I need to plan for (I'm a freak about writing and rewriting and rewriting lists, ect)...

My main reason for going is Georgia O'Keeffe. I'm hoping to be able to go on the tour of her home/studio. The problem is that I don't drive because of a vision problem.. Is there a way to get from Santa Fe to Abiquiu relatively simply without personally driving there?

9 Answers Sep 3, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    • RStuart05's Profile Photo

Opera Attire???

by RStuart05 Online Now Jul 18, 2011 at 9:42 PM

We attended the Santa Fe Opera 4 years ago. I was surprised last time to see that the dress was pretty casual, and I remember it being cold at the end of the evening. I am wanting to find out if anyone knows what is/ isn't appropriate dress. I will also be bringing my oldest daughter for the first time, so want to make sure to guide her in "what-to-wear".

4 Answers Jul 28, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    • Worried Solo Traveler

by Gailbladder Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I'm flying in to SAF Municipal in September, a solo trip, no car and I'm getting so upset because I'm reading that there is absolutely no way to get to my hotel which is near the Plaza. Does anyone have a roundabout idea how much a cab would cost from SAF to the Plaza? OR is there an alternative way of just getting to the plaza with out renting a car? I thought it would be easier to do it this way than to go into ABQ, now I see I'm wrong. Didn't really want to spend a fortune getting to my hotel. Too late to change plans now. Thanks so much for any help.

6 Answers Jul 18, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    • Handicapped Friendly?

by rockyjones Online Now Feb 24, 2011 at 12:42 PM

I am planning to take my mom who is handicapped to Santa Fe for this coming July 4 holiday. She is wheelchair bound. Any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 25, 2011 at 4:22 AM
    • coyotes

by nbmc Online Now Oct 12, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Do you have any howling wooden carved coyotes available or have access to anyone who makes them?
      Thank you,
      Nancy McCraley

3 Answers Oct 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM
    • Family Activities & Transpo

by nino224 Online Now Jul 8, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Hi,

I'm planning two weeks in SF with my family.
      1. Any suggestions on where we can take a 3 year old?
      2. How good is public transpo? Do we need to rent a car?
      3. I was told to take the Sandia shuttle from ALB airport. Is that the best option?

Thanks!!

4 Answers Jul 9, 2009 at 7:22 AM
    • pbee01's Profile Photo

Lodging in Santa Fe area

by pbee01 Online Now Apr 22, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Planning a 7 day visit mid Aug 2009. My wife and I are looking forward to a relaxing vacation with some exploring and photo ops. We are in our 50's and flying into Albuquerque from New York. Would like to avoid big city hassels like traffic jams, noise and the hustle & bustle. We have not been to Santa Fe before. Are there hotels available inside the city limits that are quiet and laid back, or would the suburbs/outskirts have what we're looking for? Wouldn't mind B&B or smaller hacienda. Thanks!

9 Answers Jun 18, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Santa Fe during Fiesta

by goodfish Online Now Jul 16, 2008 at 1:57 PM

I booked us 6 days in Sept. (Thursday 4th - Tuesday 9th) without realizing that it's Fiesta! At least 4 days of the 6, anyway. How insane will the crowds/traffic be during that time, and will it mostly be concentrated in and around the Plaza area? We plan to daytrip out to Chaco, Bandelier and Taos - should we try to do that during the weekend, to avoid the masses, and then spend Monday and Tuesday in town when Fiesta is over and it's quieter? Or will there be areas of town that aren't overrun? We don't want to avoid the event entirely as there'll be some fun things to see but crowds can be wearing...

Actually, if anyone has tips on a few things we should see during the Fiesta, that'd be great. We'll probably skip Zozobra as that sounds like a zoo but what else is fun??

2 Answers Feb 21, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    • leavingSeattle's Profile Photo

2 Guy going to Sante Fe from Denver and back

by leavingSeattle Online Now May 22, 2008 at 8:42 AM

My friend and I just started our trip yesterday, we flown in to Denver last night, will be driving to Sante Fe today, we have hotel reservation for 4 nights in Sante Fe and want to know what to do, see, eat etc around Sante Fe, we like off-the beaten track, ghost town, nature, animals ...
      We have about 3 days after that to make our way back to Denver to catch our flight back to Seattle...
      Any advice much appreciated

2 Answers May 23, 2008 at 9:41 PM
    • transportation to Chama

by mscp Online Now Feb 12, 2008 at 3:13 PM

I will be visiting Santa Fe in June but will not have a car. Are there any tours or other transportation going to Chama? I would love to take the scenic railroad there. Thanks for any info!

3 Answers Feb 23, 2008 at 6:44 AM
    • Group accomidations

by JoyMunden Online Now Dec 11, 2007 at 8:43 PM

I'll be traveling, to Santa Fe area, with four adults and four young people between 14 and 17 years old. I'm interested in a suite, or two, for a week in June 2008. What is available, at what cost? I've stayed at El Rey and loved it. I need info to make a decision.

2 Answers Dec 12, 2007 at 1:07 PM
    • Best Halloween Party/Club and Bar recommendations

by choobaca1 Online Now Oct 25, 2007 at 10:19 PM

Hey!

Some friends and I are in Albuquerque right now, but we're planning to spend the weekend in Santa Fe. I've not been there since I was a young girl and we're all from Boston. What is the best Halloween Party to go to, and what are the best fun bars for a young college crowd like ourselves? Nothing fancy/pretentious - just good times and good vibes. We'll be there sometime tomorrow until Monday afternoon.

We'd like to visit Madrid also - it doesn't look far from Santa Fe. Do any of you know if the little shops/galleries/boutiques are open on Sunday?

2 Answers Oct 26, 2007 at 3:02 PM
    • garden setting

by edwardmeissner Online Now Jan 28, 2007 at 4:56 PM

A bunch of friends (about 20-30) will be gathering in Santa Fe in May. We are all staying at different places but want to find someplace that is informal where we can sit and talk/eat/drink in groups for a couple of hours. I was imagining like a big backyard or garden setting. any ideas?

5 Answers Mar 23, 2007 at 11:17 AM
    • NEED SOME HELP

by HOTHOT Online Now Oct 3, 2006 at 12:48 PM

FIVE OF US (GALS) ARE GOING TO SANTA FE FOR 8 DAYS VERY SOON AND WE HAVE OUR RESERVATIONS. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOME FUN PLACES TO GO. I READ SOMEPLACE ABOUT A CLUB THAT HAS ALL COWBOY STUFF.

AND NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR GOOD FOOD - THAT IS A MUST.

I WOULD LOVE TO GO VISIT A SANTERO (CARVER) I HOPE THIS IS THE CORRECT WORD.

WHAT IS THE MUST SEE. WE ARE OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM SOME LOCALS.

WE LIKE: ART - FOOD - POTTERY - HISTORY - DANCING - PERFORMANCES - SIGHT SEEING. DON'T MIND RIDING THE BUS. WE USUALLY GO OUR OWN WAYS DURING THE DAY.

THANKS, SANDRA

11 Answers Oct 19, 2006 at 7:32 AM
    • requesting advice on best areas of town in which to rent a casita

by Dianne515 Online Now Aug 27, 2006 at 1:11 PM

My husband and I are planning on renting a casita in Santa Fe for two weeks next May. We have found many wonderful ones online, but we are not sure which areas of town we should be looking at. When choosing between a casita on Artist Rd., Hill Street, Canyon Rd. Agua Fria St, Acequia Madre, Gonzalea St., West San Francisco, Guadalupe St., what advice could you give a couple who is looking for a charming, pituresque neighborhood that's within walking distance of the main Plaza? (We're big walkers, so walking distance could be a couple of miles even as long as there was a safe place for pedestrians to walk.) There was even one listed as being two blocks from Kaune's Market.
      Thanks for any help that you could give in advance.

2 Answers Oct 19, 2006 at 7:42 AM
    • Hi from a very long distance...!

by tatjana_fox Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 7:40 AM

I'll probably get the opportunity to come to Santa Fe for 9 months long education in TV journalism. I am wondering - whate are the prices of accomodation? If I come, I'll probably be supposed to rent some decent place, one room flat... in the area near Santa Fe University. Any advices... suggestions... Anyway, I don't know a lot about Santa Fe. Any word would do. :)

3 Answers May 29, 2006 at 2:25 PM
    • agnesnow's Profile Photo

best time to go?

by agnesnow Online Now Jan 30, 2006 at 11:32 AM

Hi all -

We're in the process of planning a long weekend get away for 6 girls. (we're all turning 30 this year and decided it was overdue for a reunion of sorts - besides weddings....)

any recomendations for best months to go? we're thinking july, aug, sept - trying to avoid high tourist season but still there for the warmer weather.

also - suggestions on a place for us to stay that's still easy to out to without much driving - but a place with a nice pool and possible spa options.

many thanks!
      Aga

5 Answers Feb 16, 2006 at 10:42 AM
    • SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Possible Meeting

by SFHulaGIrl Online Now Nov 20, 2005 at 3:53 PM

I will be in Santa Fe from December 2nd through the 5th. Would anyone like to meet for a drink one of those days/evenings?

4 Answers Dec 2, 2005 at 5:33 PM
    • SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Santa Fe to Taos

by SFHulaGIrl Online Now Oct 18, 2005 at 3:44 PM

Are there buses and/or trains from Santa Fe to Taos? If so, what is the approximate length of time and fare for them? Would Taos be an easy daytrip from Santa Fe without a car?

4 Answers Feb 11, 2006 at 10:46 PM
    • Off the beaten path

by jamccann Online Now Jul 5, 2005 at 2:47 PM

We will be in Santa Fe July 22 to 29, 2006. Does anyone know any secrets that only the locals know. We live in Victoria BC and I'm always sending people to places that aren't in the guide books.

6 Answers Jan 1, 2006 at 9:46 AM
    • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

looking for information on obscure forest road

by bocmaxima Online Now Jun 20, 2005 at 7:50 PM

Hi, and thanks for reading.
      I'm looking for information on FR 289 in the Santa Fe National Forest between FR 268 and FR 142 west of Santa Fe and southwest of Bandelier, mainly regarding its condition.
      I have a high-clearance truck, but it's 4x2 and has problems on ridiculous inclines, sand and mud, but I've driven it on what would be considered jeep trails in the past.
      I'd like to visit Cochiti, and would like to get to Bandelier and Los Alamos without having to go way around.
      Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      -colin

1 Answer Jun 22, 2005 at 6:45 PM
    • ellielou's Profile Photo

anyone want to meet in The City Different?

by ellielou Online Now Jun 22, 2004 at 11:46 AM

hey, I've been back and forth between DC/Balto. and SFe and ABQ for months now. My work there may be ending soon, although I hope not! Anyway, I have a sense of each place, so I don't need someone to show me around. Was just wondering if anyone would like to meet for dinner in and/or drinks in SFe on July 6, or on July 20th. I'm fine hanging alone or with boss, but really would love meeting some great VT folks from the Land of Enchantment. happy trails, Ellen

2 Answers Feb 3, 2005 at 10:52 AM
    • beatchfre's Profile Photo

Native American Dances in May

by beatchfre Online Now Feb 18, 2004 at 7:05 PM

Hi there, I've been living in Santa Fe for 2 years now (I'm originally from Scotland), but I've only been to one Native American dance (down at Cochiti pueblo). My parents are coming to visit me in May and I understand that there are two dances on May 3rd :-) (1) Santa Cruz Feast Day and Corn Dance at Cochiti Pueblo (2) Blessing of the Fields and Corn Dance at Taos Pueblo. My dad is absolutely crazy about the Southwest, the whole "Cowboys and Indians" thing, Route 66, etc. He wanted to be a cowboy when he was a boy. ANYWAY... Does anyone know what these two dance are like? I could take them to both, but that would just be too long a day, so what would you think would be more appealing to the tourist? I want them to see dancing, big Chief's featther... "hat", etc. What is the bigger event? What is the nicest looking pueblo? What draws more visitors? Thanks in advance for any replies. - Best regards, Lee Thanks, Lee

3 Answers Mar 20, 2005 at 9:26 AM
    • Thanksgiving Santa Fe

by hibbertconsult Online Now Oct 27, 2003 at 7:38 PM

Looking for recommendations for Thanksgiving Day dinner. Have done Bishops and Rancho de Chimayo and Hilton Pinon grill. Have party of 9, with two toddlers, so probably a nice buffet.

4 Answers Nov 14, 2004 at 8:49 AM
    • tiganeasca's Profile Photo

B&Bs in Santa Fe: El Paradero

by tiganeasca Online Now Nov 12, 2002 at 4:43 AM

Hello all! We will be visiting (or, in my case, re-visiting) Santa Fe for five days in mid-January. I can't wait to return and we are looking for a cozy B&B to settle into. After a lot of research, we are tentatively settled on El Paradero. Anyone have any experience of this place that they would care to share? Thanks. tiganeasca

1 Answer Nov 12, 2002 at 9:31 AM