Santa Fe Travel Answers

change location

christmas week

by josephreba Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 7:34 PM

My husband and I will be traveling to Santa Fe and staying Christmas week...we will have our 21 yr old and 15 yr old with us...we need ideas on a basic plan of things to do...they are interested in sledding or snowmobiling...other events or things to do...suggestions? Thanks We are also thinking of a vacation rental instead of a hotel

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • HispanicYob's Profile Photo

Re: christmas week

by HispanicYob Online Now Sep 29, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Good place as the Santa Fe Ski Lodge isn't too far! Do you plan on getting a rental car? That will be your best bet. You won't need to do much driving if you plan on staying in the center of town near the plaza area but you will need to rent one if you plan on taking your kids to the Ski Lodge.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gover's Profile Photo

by gover Online Now Oct 14, 2011 at 12:56 PM

We enjoy hiking at Bandelier National Monument when we go to New Mexico. Unfortunately they had a fire this summer that destroyed part of the park so I'm not sure how much will be open when you go. Last October we went on a jeep tour that we loved. It's called New Mexico Jeep Tours nmjeeptours.com/santafetours...
    Roch (owner/operator) is a great guy and the tour was the highlight of our trip. You can check out my travel page for pictures. Have fun!

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

by iam1wthee Online Now Nov 24, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Bandelier National Monument was open last week when I went there. I recommend doing a walking tour around the plaza. I also really enjoyed the international folk museum and the history museum. The later is free on Friday after 5pm. If you can take the train to Alburquerque and see the Indian museum on a Saturday then you will see at least 4 tribal dances.

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

by iam1wthee Online Now Nov 24, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Bandelier National Monument was open last week when I went there. I recommend doing a walking tour around the plaza. I also really enjoyed the international folk museum and the history museum. The later is free on Friday after 5pm. If you can take the train to Alburquerque and see the Indian museum on a Saturday then you will see at least 4 tribal dances.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines