Santa Fe Travel Answers

change location

Worried Solo Traveler

by Gailbladder Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I'm flying in to SAF Municipal in September, a solo trip, no car and I'm getting so upset because I'm reading that there is absolutely no way to get to my hotel which is near the Plaza. Does anyone have a roundabout idea how much a cab would cost from SAF to the Plaza? OR is there an alternative way of just getting to the plaza with out renting a car? I thought it would be easier to do it this way than to go into ABQ, now I see I'm wrong. Didn't really want to spend a fortune getting to my hotel. Too late to change plans now. Thanks so much for any help.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • glabah's Profile Photo

Re: Worried Solo Traveler

by glabah Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 1:04 PM

The bus system doesn't get that close to the airport, but it does have a route that at least goes in that direction. Maybe you could take a cab to somewhere the bus routes do run and save a bit that way?

http://www.santafenm.gov/
    Select "Public Transportation and Parking"
    Select "Santa Fe Trails Bus Routes and Schedules"
    Select "Download Map of Entire Bus System" from the bottom of the page.

A number of hotels in the USA operate hotel to airport shuttle services, but without knowing your hotel it is hard to say what they have arranged as far as that goes. It doesn't hurt to ask the hotel and see if they have something.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

by bocmaxima Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Sorry to hear your transportation situation is not working out. Yes, it is easier to get to the Santa Fe Plaza from Albuquerque Sunport than from Santa Fe Airport. Somewhat ironic, but SAF has only recently gotten back regular passenger service, which was absent for many years.

There is a shuttle available to the Plaza. There is a public bus in Santa Fe (linked below), but it unfortunately does not go to the airport. It does come close, so you could potentially take a taxi to Cerrillos Road, then ride the bus to the Plaza, but I don't know that it would be worth it.

santafenm.gov/index.aspx?NID...
    santafenm.gov/index.aspx?NID...

• OiKnow's Profile Photo

by OiKnow Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Have you called:

Roadrunner Shuttle & Charter
    (505) 424-3367
    121 Aviation Dr Ste 5
    Santa Fe, NM 87507

I found them on a google search, frequently you can find airport ground transporation by searching the airport site.

• Re: Worried Solo Traveler

by Gailbladder Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes I checked with the hotel and they don't have a shuttle.

by Gailbladder Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I actually do know about the Road Runner shuttle but they are getting terrible reviews and I was a little afraid to use them but it looks like it will be a cab or them because there is no alternative. Thanks so much for your reply, I appreciate it.

by Gailbladder Online Now Jul 18, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Just wanted to do an addendum if anyone else is experiencing the same problem as myself. Road Runner is charging47 one way from SAF to hotel (about a 10 mile trip) Central Cab is45.00 one way. Cheaper, much cheaper to go into Alburquerque. Now I know.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines