Santa Fe Travel Answers

change location
leavingSeattle's Profile Photo

2 Guy going to Sante Fe from Denver and back

by leavingSeattle Online Now May 22, 2008 at 8:42 AM

My friend and I just started our trip yesterday, we flown in to Denver last night, will be driving to Sante Fe today, we have hotel reservation for 4 nights in Sante Fe and want to know what to do, see, eat etc around Sante Fe, we like off-the beaten track, ghost town, nature, animals ...
We have about 3 days after that to make our way back to Denver to catch our flight back to Seattle...
Any advice much appreciated

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: 2 Guy going to Sante Fe from Denver and back

by bocmaxima Online Now May 22, 2008 at 10:52 AM

Be sure to spend some time in Taos, which is between Santa Fe and the Colorado state line on the back way to Denver. On the way to Taos, you have Bandalier National Monument (cliff dwellings) and Chimayo (beautiful Catholic sanctuary). Just inside CO on 285 is San Luis, which has an old little church perched at the top of a mesa.
    You could spend at least two days in Colorado Springs. There's a cool Downtown area, Pike's Peak (drive up or take the cog railway), Colorado City and, definitely, Garden of the Gods. Several other sites there.
    On I-25, Las Vegas (New Mexico) is a great little town. You can drive up into the mountains, check out the plaza, Montezuma Castle, the hot springs. Really pretty.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leavingSeattle's Profile Photo

Re: 2 Guy going to Sante Fe from Denver and back

by leavingSeattle Online Now May 23, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Thank you. we are in Santa fe now. Great place ..weather is bad, its colder and rainier than Seattle.
    On our way here from Denver on I-25, we drove through a ghost town call Ludlow, it was a nice drive, got to see some amazing landscape and old houses and we stop at las vegas for dinner at a roadside mexican resturant (Johnny's) the food was good and in expensive, but no beer!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines