Santa Fe Travel Answers

change location
agnesnow's Profile Photo

best time to go?

by agnesnow Online Now Jan 30, 2006 at 11:32 AM

Hi all -

We're in the process of planning a long weekend get away for 6 girls. (we're all turning 30 this year and decided it was overdue for a reunion of sorts - besides weddings....)

any recomendations for best months to go? we're thinking july, aug, sept - trying to avoid high tourist season but still there for the warmer weather.

also - suggestions on a place for us to stay that's still easy to out to without much driving - but a place with a nice pool and possible spa options.

many thanks!
Aga

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • ellielou's Profile Photo

RE: best time to go?

by ellielou Online Now Jan 30, 2006 at 11:33 AM

I've stayed a bunch of times at the Inn at Loretto. It's lovely and convenient.

As far as spas, Ten Thousand Waves in incredible!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

by AlbuqRay Online Now Jan 31, 2006 at 6:13 PM

Aga, I am thinking I may be a little presumptuous recommending a place to stay for six women but I do have a couple of good data points. First of all, Ellen made very good recommendations. Everyone raves about 10,000 Waves. However, you should check SFHulaGIrl's (Tina) VT tips on Santa Fe. She is from San Francisco also and was here recently. She stayed at Las Palomas. It has a quiet, convenient location about three blocks from the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum and is a partner with the Inn of the Anasazi, so you have those perq's available too. I cannot reveal my favorite Santa Fe accommodation on VT or it would never be available. I'll give you a hint though. It's initials are OV. As far as when to go, I would do September. The Fall is our most beautiful time of year. BTW, whatever you do, don't go to Cottonwoods and check out Sean (Tina might get jealous). Also, be sure to stay away from the Ore House (ask Kymbanm).

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

RE: RE: best time to go?

by kymbanm Online Now Feb 2, 2006 at 8:05 PM

The Ore House DID have great views of nice human male inhabitants when I was there ..... more than once :) Very nice ....*Ray! You need to behave!*

I also vote for September ...... Temps are less intense, the kids are back in school so there are fewer tourists, and depending on the weekend, there might still be some market type event in the plaze :)

Ten Thousand waves is amazing :) GO!!! They offer full spa services AND hot tubs ... outdoors ... in the mountains ...... try to time your tub time to coincide w/ sunset to increase your wonder ....

You will all have fun!

• prometheus's Profile Photo

by prometheus Online Now Feb 8, 2006 at 9:53 AM

Any of those months would be good. SFe is not usually very crowded EXCEPT during Indian Market and Spanish Market. Check those dates.
    Definitely go to 10,000 waves, but make reservations, maybe a day ahead. You can all get a private hot tub...definitely worth doing.

• agnesnow's Profile Photo

RE: RE: best time to go?

by agnesnow Online Now Feb 16, 2006 at 10:42 AM

Thanks all - VTers are always awesome!

we're going at the end of september - will def check out your recommendations! can't wait...

thanks again,
    Aga

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines