Santa Cruz

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• s.karrenberg@comcast.net

Manhattan Beach 4 hours ago

In looking at photos of Manhattan Beach, there was one of a trolley stop. Are there buses/trolleys that will take you around Manhattan Beach?

more
    • Travel between devore heights and santa monica

Devore Heights Apr 12, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Is there a commuter train between devore heights and santa monica?

more
    • GustavoH's Profile Photo

July 14, someone?

Santa Monica Apr 3, 2014 at 5:59 AM

then i´ll staying in santa monica in July, someone will be there??

more
    • Brazil and the WORLD CUP

California Mar 28, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Anyone from the bay area planning to go to the world cup in Brazil this year? or is planning to be in Brazil in June?
      I'm looking for a group of people to go with!

more
    • neighborhoods

Santa Barbara Yesterday

Considering a property near W Anapamu St & Bath for 3 month rental. Looks like it's a walkable neighborhood
      but is it a safe one?! Thanks for any input.

more
    • Itinerary - Muir Woods

Muir Woods National Monument Mar 25, 2014 at 6:32 AM

I have looked at the NPS and various other guides but none of them seem to have conclusive information as to where the giant Redwoods are located - from what I understand they are located in and around Fern Woods/Mill Valley. Any suggestions please

Many thanks

more
    • Where to park/leave my bicycle?

San Francisco Mar 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I'm renting a bike in SF and if I were to go inside a store or restaurant where would I leave it?
      I'm planning to eat lunch in chinatown so what do I do with my bike?

Thanks

more
    • Car needed in Anaheim?

Anaheim Mar 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM

We are heading to the NCAA tourney in Anaheim this week, staying at the Doubletree in Anaheim /Orange Co. Is a car a necessity? I see there is a super shuttle from the airport. Would we be stranded without a car, or would that just be a hassle? Just wondering if we are in walking distance to restaurants, etc.

more
    • Photography

Channel Islands Apr 11, 2014 at 11:55 AM

This will be our first visit to the islands. What is the best full day cruise for seeing as many of the islands as possible with photography in mind?

more
    • Hotel advice

San Francisco Apr 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Hello, could you tell me is the Best Western Americana( on 7 th street) in San Francisco an alright hotel for convenience ( easy to get around) price, safety and so on?

more
    • Tours of Los Angeles

Los Angeles Apr 9, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Hi can anyone please recommend a good tour of LA that cover the usual touristy things please?

more
    • LA to San Fran via Death Valley.

Death Valley National Park Mar 30, 2014 at 2:11 AM

My friend and I are planning to drive from LA to San Fran via DV over 2 days.
      Is it possible to see some of the landmarks in this time frame? Which ones do you suggest?
      And where would you recommend staying for the night as a halfway mark?
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • Yosemite and Sequoia in April 3rd week

Yosemite National Park Apr 11, 2014 at 4:50 PM

We are a few friends meeting up in Fresno for our trip to Yosemite and Sequoia. We reach Fresno on the night of 16th April, and we have until the afternoon of 20th April to get back to Fresno. I understand that many roads would be closed during this time of the year. Please help us plan our itinerary, how much time to spend where etc.. We are interested in easy-moderate hikes.

more
    • millyprett23's Profile Photo

Hostels to stay in near Union Station LA

Los Angeles Apr 5, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Hello all!

I am flying into LAX next Sunday at 9pm and I am looking for a place to stay until I get my AMTRAX train from Union Station up to San Francisco on Tuesday morning.

I am planning to go straight from the airport to a hostel / hotel near Union station where I can sleep and recover from Jet lag. I want to stay by Union Station the following Monday day and night so I can be near by to collect my train on the tuesday morning.

Does anybody recommend the best / cheapest way to get from LAX to Union Station on a Sunday night?

Does anybody have any recommendations for places to stay near Union Station?

I am thinking a cheap and friendly youth hostel?

Also, what type of area is Union Station in?
      Are there any interesting places in walking distance?
      Coffee shops or parks where I can just chill for the afternoon?

I really look forward to hearing from you!
      Many thanks,

Milly, London

more
    • Carmel by the sea dos and don'ts?

Carmel-by-the-Sea Yesterday

We will be in Carmel next week , is it true that ladies should not wear high heels?
      Anything else we need to bear in mind apart from ......if you see Clint ,do not even look at him just mind one's own business!

more
    • Information on transportation from airport to fishermans wharf

San Francisco Apr 14, 2014 at 7:56 PM

So we are flying into San Francisco and driving down to Big Sur for a wedding. After the wedding our plan is to go back to San Francisco drop off our rental car and stay and tour for abit. My question is what would be our best bet for getting for the airport to our hotel down on fishermans wharf? There will be six of us.

more
    • trolleyhow to use it and how to get advance tickets

San Diego Mar 30, 2014 at 12:50 AM

can i take the trolly from the stadiume to the convention center and how late does it run,since i work till 12.30am

more
    • Water falls

Yosemite National Park Mar 23, 2014 at 12:45 AM

what will the water falls be like in late August we will be on a one day visit from san francisco is a bus best or hire car 7 drive our selves

more
    • tour buses

San Francisco Apr 8, 2014 at 7:12 AM

is any one tour bus company better than another ? specifically thinking about Muir Woods/Sausalito for one trip and Yosemite for another.

more
    • Yosemite National Park and Sonoma and Napa Valley

Yosemite National Park Apr 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM

We are going to SFO the first week of May. What are the major points to visit in Yosemite Park? Can you see enough in a day? Next, we want to travel to Sonoma and Napa Valley? Do you recommend both, or one over the other. We have 4 days to do these things and then we will be in SFO for a week for a conference. Can you recommend places to stat in Yosemite and Sonoma/Napa Valley?

more
    • transportation to coronado island

Coronado Mar 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM

We need ground transportation from the San Diego train station to Marietta Bay Inn on Coronado Island for 6 people what is available?

more
    • where to stay?

Los Angeles Apr 18, 2014 at 12:44 PM

hi am looking forward to going to los angeles this summer for about 7 nights and cant find where to stay. one plan i was thinking was stay in downtown LA (or somewhere around there idk ive never been) maybe hollywood or west hollywood for a couple nights but also want some good views cus i love to take pictures,and then stay in santa monica for a couple nights? probably not tho since that might be a little to expensive..plan on renting a car too because everything is far apart(so ive read)im a big tourist lol but i want to do all the stuff in hollywood,griffith park,go to staples center,santa monica the beach,the pier venice beach/boardwalk maybe see a movie at the beach,laguna beach bunch of stuff lol universal studios and anything else u guys might recommend? anybody know any hotels that offers the most value or bang for your buck.thanks

more
    • General travellng

California Mar 20, 2014 at 7:21 PM

I'm planning on travelling along the west coast for a month in May. I was wondering does anyone have any tips on the best methods of transport to use without access to a car. Many thanks in advance.

more
    • RV TRIP 1 Month

California Apr 6, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Hi all, I wonder if you can help ! Myself and my Family with 3 kids 13, 12 and 11 are coming to Califonia in August we have rented a RV and plan on doing a bit of sight seeing. this is our current planned trip, can I have your advice on if you think anything should change ??

5 Night in LA
      Newport Beach area for 1 night 2 days.
      San Diego 2 nights
      Stay on route to Grand Canyon
      Over night stay Grand Canyon
      Leave GC for Las Vegas stopping off at Hoover Dam
      3 whole days and night in Las Vegas
      Death Valley Area 51 etc over night stay
      Leave DV for Yosemite 1 and half days there
      Move to Monterey bat stopping off at Sequoia National Park
      1 day and 3 nights in San Fran

Also do you think we should book RV parks in advance your advice would be fantastic thanks Mike

more
    • Means of Transportation

San Francisco Apr 17, 2014 at 8:05 AM

What is recommended means of transportation for getting around SFO?

more
    • Question on location

by Susanalley Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Where is the best place for a couple in their early 30s who are both in the restaurant industry to relocate to on a budget.

6 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    • Neighborhood recommendations

by seagull10000 Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Hello, I'm wondering what you can tell me about living in the Seabright, Live Oak, and Pleasure Point neighborhoods? I'm a student on a budget, and I'd like to be in as "walkable" an area as possible. Thank you!!

1 Answer Oct 22, 2013 at 9:27 PM
    • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Looking for an apartment in or near Santa Cruz, California

by Beausoleil Online Now May 19, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Our daughter is looking for an apartment in or near Santa Cruz, California for about 3 months this summer. Ideally, the rent should be less than1200 US dollars a month. (Yes, I realize it's the coast.) She doesn't need a sea view or even to be near the tourist areas; she's working there.

Any suggestions, especially with web sites or phone numbers, would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

3 Answers May 19, 2011 at 11:02 PM
    • Internet Cafe with view of beach, or ocean, or lake, river etc.

by RJADVENTURER Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM

hi everyone. I live in San Jose, CA. Does anyone know of any internet cafes, (Starbucks, Peets, any chain or independently-owned)that have views of the ocean, beach, river, lakes, or any body of water, Santa Cruz CA, or Capitola, or Half Moon Bay, or San Francisco, or anywhere in the Bay Area ?

Basically, where can a person do some work on the internet, job hunt etc, while being able to look up and look out the window to see ocean, beach etc.? (or other alternate relaxing views of the woods, mountains, etc.)

any and all feedback is most appreciated.

thanks

1 Answer Aug 9, 2010 at 6:28 AM
    • Flowers For Sale?

by prattb1 Online Now Nov 25, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I live in Santa Cruz and I was wondering if Wilder Ranch sells flowers there?
      If so, what are the directions to where I can buy the flowers?

Thanks,

4 Answers Nov 29, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    • Revisiting Santa Cruz

by futuremotion Online Now Jul 20, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I have been to Santa Cruz in the past--a couple months ago actually--and while I really enjoyed myself I want to embark on my next visit a little bit more well-prepared. I'm a photographer, and the current theme I am interested in revolves around capturing lesser-known about / forgotten spaces. I don't specifically know what to describe what I'm looking for beyond "unconventional". If you know of any extremely unique or interesting attractions that gravitate far away from tourism, I'd love to know about them.

Thanks!
      J

2 Answers Jul 21, 2009 at 5:10 AM
    • A Quick Day Trip

by AndreaKalbfleisch Online Now Apr 19, 2008 at 9:31 AM

Hi All,

Three of us girls have a day to enjoy Santa Cruz on a spontaneous idea. We will be driving down the coast to get there on Hwy 1. We're leaving from just south of San Francisco.
      Anyone have any ideas of must see and do activities? We're driving down today and it is quite windy but we'd like some fun things to do - great shopping, dining, etc. How about on the drive down. We are open to all ideas. We have money and would pay reasonably for great sites, experiences.
      As always, your advise is most welcome.

Andrea

2 Answers May 8, 2008 at 10:47 PM
    • topgunn's Profile Photo

What is your favourite restaurant

by topgunn Online Now Apr 8, 2008 at 2:38 PM

We are spending a week in the Carmel/Monterey area and have allocated a day in Santa Cruz to see the boardwalk and other local attractions. If you were asked to nominate your favourite restaurant for us to eat at, where would you recommend. Cheers Matt

5 Answers Jul 28, 2010 at 12:31 AM
    • Motels in Santa Cruz

by loej33 Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 1:19 PM

We will be arriving in Santa Cruz for the first time in April. Can anyone recommend a hotel. I do not know of any attractions etc. to be close to, except the boardwalk, is that worth seeing? What is Mystery Spot? Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Mar 8, 2008 at 7:28 PM
    • sheisaeval's Profile Photo

cheap or free things to during a daytrip to santa cruz?

by sheisaeval Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Well, next month we'll be taking a daytrip from Fremont to Santa Cruz.

We are looking for free or cheap uniquely Santa Cruz things to do. Some things we are thinking about are the boardwalk, mystery spot, natural bridge state park, saturn cafe. Any other suggestions?

Also, for the boardwalk and some state parks, is there any free/cheap parking anywhere? Or even a free parking place and then take the bus to the boardwalk/beach? The boardwalk website said parking was10, and that is a bit pricy.

4 Answers Feb 23, 2008 at 11:13 PM
    • Who runs the best surf school in Santa Cruz?

by jgw899 Online Now Oct 10, 2007 at 2:01 PM

Does anybody out there know of a surf school in Santa Cruz with a knowledgeable instructor, preferably a professional surfer that's willing to teach beginners???

2 Answers Oct 12, 2007 at 9:15 AM
    • Nina

by Yasaman Online Now Jul 29, 2007 at 8:58 PM

Years ago I went to a restuarant which served international food, Thai, Indian, Persian, etc. It was located at a corner where the streed forked. It has been 10 years since I've been there and can't remember the name nor the location. Does this sound familiar and does anyone know where the restuarant is in Santa Cruz?

Thanks,

1 Answer May 15, 2008 at 5:50 PM
    • Highway 1 between Pacific and Santa Cruz.

by Tenn4ever Online Now Apr 4, 2007 at 8:14 PM

We're visiting SF in early June. How heavily traveled is Highway 1 between Pacifica and Santa Cruz? Are there particular times to avoid? Also, along a different line, is the Big Basin Redwood State Park worth visiting for the Redwoods? Thank you.

3 Answers Apr 5, 2007 at 7:57 AM
    • UC Santa Cruz

by lloren Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 3:06 PM

I am a junior in high school, and looking for places in and around UC Santa Cruz to get a feel for what campus life would be like if I went there. I'll be visiting 3/4 - 3/6. Interesting spots on campus, cafes to visit, etc. Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 3, 2007 at 7:49 PM
    • dogsky's Profile Photo

Massage school(s) in SC

by dogsky Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 6:22 AM

Hello, good people of Santa Cruz,

I'm considering moving back and going to massage school. The only school I know of is Twin Lakes College, but so far they haven't responded to my emails. Maybe this says something about the school, but it's also possible they have a good reason. I hope someone here knows about the school or has some experience with the massage program there and can share their thoughts. Also, if there's some other massage school I haven't heard about, please let me know! I'm kind of surprised Santa Cruz doesnt have a really well-known massage school, seems like it should.

Peace~

Anton

1 Answer Jan 18, 2007 at 7:38 PM
    • WINTER VISIT

by nashcots Online Now Sep 10, 2006 at 3:37 AM

We are visiting California, San Jose, in November this year but would prefer to see the coastline-we have been looking at Santa Cruz as a possible place to stay-I would prefer something small, not too expensive? Any suggestions? Also, what is the weather like? Will we need VERY heavy clothing. We live in London, so November in London is very cold and wet - will it be better in California??
      Thanks

4 Answers Sep 26, 2006 at 8:15 AM
    • karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Hikes and restaurants

by karenincalifornia Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 8:23 AM

We're planning a weekend getaway in the Santa Cruz mountains in September. Where are the best hikes? Anybody have recommendations for romantic restaurants in the mountains or in Santa Cruz?

Karen

15 Answers Dec 11, 2007 at 12:12 PM
    • For Santa Cruz locals

by Joker320 Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 11:17 PM

Im intrigued by Santa cruz and i have a few questions...

- What is the weather like year round? Is santa cruz considred the "sunny" area of the region?

- Is the nightlife entertaining? Santa cruz seems to be so much more interesting that boring silicon valley.

-What is the dating scene like? Silicon valley can be hell in the dating world from what ive read, but Santa cruz seems to be its own world(and far enough away) and im pretty sure they have an even ratio of males to females, and when i visited there seemed to be plenty of cute girls.

2 Answers Dec 4, 2006 at 6:26 AM