Santa Cruz

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• what todo today

by traceylynne Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM

is there any events today in santa cruz?

1 Answer Jun 28, 2014 at 2:34 PM
    • DrCrow's Profile Photo

the size of lighthouse field

by DrCrow Online Now Apr 26, 2014 at 8:38 PM

What is the land area of lighthouse field, in acres?

3 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM
    • Question on location

by Susanalley Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Where is the best place for a couple in their early 30s who are both in the restaurant industry to relocate to on a budget.

6 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    • Neighborhood recommendations

by seagull10000 Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Hello, I'm wondering what you can tell me about living in the Seabright, Live Oak, and Pleasure Point neighborhoods? I'm a student on a budget, and I'd like to be in as "walkable" an area as possible. Thank you!!

1 Answer Oct 22, 2013 at 9:27 PM
    • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Looking for an apartment in or near Santa Cruz, California

by Beausoleil Online Now May 19, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Our daughter is looking for an apartment in or near Santa Cruz, California for about 3 months this summer. Ideally, the rent should be less than1200 US dollars a month. (Yes, I realize it's the coast.) She doesn't need a sea view or even to be near the tourist areas; she's working there.

Any suggestions, especially with web sites or phone numbers, would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

3 Answers May 19, 2011 at 11:02 PM
    • Internet Cafe with view of beach, or ocean, or lake, river etc.

by RJADVENTURER Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM

hi everyone. I live in San Jose, CA. Does anyone know of any internet cafes, (Starbucks, Peets, any chain or independently-owned)that have views of the ocean, beach, river, lakes, or any body of water, Santa Cruz CA, or Capitola, or Half Moon Bay, or San Francisco, or anywhere in the Bay Area ?

Basically, where can a person do some work on the internet, job hunt etc, while being able to look up and look out the window to see ocean, beach etc.? (or other alternate relaxing views of the woods, mountains, etc.)

any and all feedback is most appreciated.

thanks

1 Answer Aug 9, 2010 at 6:28 AM
    • Flowers For Sale?

by prattb1 Online Now Nov 25, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I live in Santa Cruz and I was wondering if Wilder Ranch sells flowers there?
      If so, what are the directions to where I can buy the flowers?

Thanks,

4 Answers Nov 29, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    • Revisiting Santa Cruz

by futuremotion Online Now Jul 20, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I have been to Santa Cruz in the past--a couple months ago actually--and while I really enjoyed myself I want to embark on my next visit a little bit more well-prepared. I'm a photographer, and the current theme I am interested in revolves around capturing lesser-known about / forgotten spaces. I don't specifically know what to describe what I'm looking for beyond "unconventional". If you know of any extremely unique or interesting attractions that gravitate far away from tourism, I'd love to know about them.

Thanks!
      J

2 Answers Jul 21, 2009 at 5:10 AM
    • A Quick Day Trip

by AndreaKalbfleisch Online Now Apr 19, 2008 at 9:31 AM

Hi All,

Three of us girls have a day to enjoy Santa Cruz on a spontaneous idea. We will be driving down the coast to get there on Hwy 1. We're leaving from just south of San Francisco.
      Anyone have any ideas of must see and do activities? We're driving down today and it is quite windy but we'd like some fun things to do - great shopping, dining, etc. How about on the drive down. We are open to all ideas. We have money and would pay reasonably for great sites, experiences.
      As always, your advise is most welcome.

Andrea

2 Answers May 8, 2008 at 10:47 PM
    • topgunn's Profile Photo

What is your favourite restaurant

by topgunn Online Now Apr 8, 2008 at 2:38 PM

We are spending a week in the Carmel/Monterey area and have allocated a day in Santa Cruz to see the boardwalk and other local attractions. If you were asked to nominate your favourite restaurant for us to eat at, where would you recommend. Cheers Matt

5 Answers Jul 28, 2010 at 12:31 AM
    • Motels in Santa Cruz

by loej33 Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 1:19 PM

We will be arriving in Santa Cruz for the first time in April. Can anyone recommend a hotel. I do not know of any attractions etc. to be close to, except the boardwalk, is that worth seeing? What is Mystery Spot? Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Mar 8, 2008 at 7:28 PM
    • sheisaeval's Profile Photo

cheap or free things to during a daytrip to santa cruz?

by sheisaeval Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Well, next month we'll be taking a daytrip from Fremont to Santa Cruz.

We are looking for free or cheap uniquely Santa Cruz things to do. Some things we are thinking about are the boardwalk, mystery spot, natural bridge state park, saturn cafe. Any other suggestions?

Also, for the boardwalk and some state parks, is there any free/cheap parking anywhere? Or even a free parking place and then take the bus to the boardwalk/beach? The boardwalk website said parking was10, and that is a bit pricy.

4 Answers Feb 23, 2008 at 11:13 PM
    • Who runs the best surf school in Santa Cruz?

by jgw899 Online Now Oct 10, 2007 at 2:01 PM

Does anybody out there know of a surf school in Santa Cruz with a knowledgeable instructor, preferably a professional surfer that's willing to teach beginners???

2 Answers Oct 12, 2007 at 9:15 AM
    • Nina

by Yasaman Online Now Jul 29, 2007 at 8:58 PM

Years ago I went to a restuarant which served international food, Thai, Indian, Persian, etc. It was located at a corner where the streed forked. It has been 10 years since I've been there and can't remember the name nor the location. Does this sound familiar and does anyone know where the restuarant is in Santa Cruz?

Thanks,

1 Answer May 15, 2008 at 5:50 PM
    • Highway 1 between Pacific and Santa Cruz.

by Tenn4ever Online Now Apr 4, 2007 at 8:14 PM

We're visiting SF in early June. How heavily traveled is Highway 1 between Pacifica and Santa Cruz? Are there particular times to avoid? Also, along a different line, is the Big Basin Redwood State Park worth visiting for the Redwoods? Thank you.

3 Answers Apr 5, 2007 at 7:57 AM
    • UC Santa Cruz

by lloren Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 3:06 PM

I am a junior in high school, and looking for places in and around UC Santa Cruz to get a feel for what campus life would be like if I went there. I'll be visiting 3/4 - 3/6. Interesting spots on campus, cafes to visit, etc. Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 3, 2007 at 7:49 PM
    • dogsky's Profile Photo

Massage school(s) in SC

by dogsky Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 6:22 AM

Hello, good people of Santa Cruz,

I'm considering moving back and going to massage school. The only school I know of is Twin Lakes College, but so far they haven't responded to my emails. Maybe this says something about the school, but it's also possible they have a good reason. I hope someone here knows about the school or has some experience with the massage program there and can share their thoughts. Also, if there's some other massage school I haven't heard about, please let me know! I'm kind of surprised Santa Cruz doesnt have a really well-known massage school, seems like it should.

Peace~

Anton

1 Answer Jan 18, 2007 at 7:38 PM
    • WINTER VISIT

by nashcots Online Now Sep 10, 2006 at 3:37 AM

We are visiting California, San Jose, in November this year but would prefer to see the coastline-we have been looking at Santa Cruz as a possible place to stay-I would prefer something small, not too expensive? Any suggestions? Also, what is the weather like? Will we need VERY heavy clothing. We live in London, so November in London is very cold and wet - will it be better in California??
      Thanks

4 Answers Sep 26, 2006 at 8:15 AM
    • karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Hikes and restaurants

by karenincalifornia Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 8:23 AM

We're planning a weekend getaway in the Santa Cruz mountains in September. Where are the best hikes? Anybody have recommendations for romantic restaurants in the mountains or in Santa Cruz?

Karen

15 Answers Dec 11, 2007 at 12:12 PM
    • For Santa Cruz locals

by Joker320 Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 11:17 PM

Im intrigued by Santa cruz and i have a few questions...

- What is the weather like year round? Is santa cruz considred the "sunny" area of the region?

- Is the nightlife entertaining? Santa cruz seems to be so much more interesting that boring silicon valley.

-What is the dating scene like? Silicon valley can be hell in the dating world from what ive read, but Santa cruz seems to be its own world(and far enough away) and im pretty sure they have an even ratio of males to females, and when i visited there seemed to be plenty of cute girls.

2 Answers Dec 4, 2006 at 6:26 AM