Santa Cruz Travel Answers

change location

UC Santa Cruz

by lloren Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 3:06 PM

I am a junior in high school, and looking for places in and around UC Santa Cruz to get a feel for what campus life would be like if I went there. I'll be visiting 3/4 - 3/6. Interesting spots on campus, cafes to visit, etc. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

RE: UC Santa Cruz

by Ewingjr98 Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 4:22 PM

There is quite a bit to see and do in Santa Cruz from a tourists perspective, but I'm not familiar with the University. You might want to post this same question on the Santa Cruz Forum where more locals will see it.

But, the beaches there are great, surfers everywhere, Pacific Street downtown is full of shops, restaurants, bars, cafes, etc. One of the old California Missions sits on the hill right above downtown. Plus, you are only 1.5 hours south of San Francisco, and even closer to San Jose and Monterey. You won't be bored here.

Joe

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

RE: RE: UC Santa Cruz

by Ewingjr98 Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Whoops... I guess this IS posted in the Santa Cruz forum. Apologies!

Joe

• atufft's Profile Photo

RE: UC Santa Cruz

by atufft Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 7:49 PM

I have one tip for UC Santa Cruz, as I recall, but I don't emphasize the campus hot spots or cafes. The great location of the campus on what was once a ranch above the town, provides views of the water from dorm rooms, as I recall. Santa Cruz's downtown is small enough to be impacted by students on winter nights. Make sure your major area of academic interest is also a focus at this campus.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines