Santa Cruz Travel Answers

change location

For Santa Cruz locals

by Joker320 Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 11:17 PM

Im intrigued by Santa cruz and i have a few questions...

- What is the weather like year round? Is santa cruz considred the "sunny" area of the region?

- Is the nightlife entertaining? Santa cruz seems to be so much more interesting that boring silicon valley.

-What is the dating scene like? Silicon valley can be hell in the dating world from what ive read, but Santa cruz seems to be its own world(and far enough away) and im pretty sure they have an even ratio of males to females, and when i visited there seemed to be plenty of cute girls.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • squidly2's Profile Photo

RE: For Santa Cruz locals

by squidly2 Online Now Jul 7, 2006 at 6:46 AM

I can only answer to the weather. Especially in the summer Santa Cruz is typically sunnier, while the remainder of Monterey Bay is under a cloud layer that doesn't burnoff until later in the day.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dogsky's Profile Photo

RE: For Santa Cruz locals

by dogsky Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 6:26 AM

It's supposed to be "Mediterranean" weather, meaning sunny and dry but not too hot, I suppose. Summer time fits this description, with nights usually a bit cooler. Winter is rainy and it can get pretty cold, but not freezing (except maybe in the mountains). And the fog is great! It can be there in the morning and burn off by afternoon, or come in during the night. Muahahahaha!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines