Santa Clara Travel Answers

change location

Sol Cayo Santa Maria Resort - Anyone ever gone in October?

by Rosemuffin77 Online Now Jul 4, 2005 at 8:23 AM

Hello All!

My husband and I and our neighbours are going to the Sol Cayo Santa Maria resort in Snata Clara Cuba this Ocotober (2005). Has anyone ever gone in October, or better yet anyone going this October as well to this resort? We're not sure what the weather will be like, but have read that it may be rainy but that's about it.

Any advice or tips for our upcoming trip would be great!

Thanks everyone!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Halin's Profile Photo

RE: Sol Cayo Santa Maria Resort - Anyone ever gone in October?

by Halin Online Now Jul 4, 2005 at 11:52 AM

Have been to Cuba twice in Oct. Did not have a problem, but it is the end of the hurricane season, so anything can happne.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mandy6979's Profile Photo

RE: Sol Cayo Santa Maria Resort - Anyone ever gone in October?

by mandy6979 Online Now Aug 10, 2005 at 3:25 AM

Myself, husband and our 13 year old daughter are going to the Melia Cayo Santa Maria hotel on 16th October this year. From what i understand, there are only the 2 hotels in the resort and you can use both hotels, although you are only able to eat in the one you are booked in to. Like yourselves, we are not sure what the weather will be like. Hopefully it will be nice.

Are you flying from Gatwick? A good holiday review site to go on to is www.tripadvisor.com There are loads of review on there for the Sol Cayo and the Melia Cayo hotels in Santa Maria. They all warn of mosquitos though, so it looks like we will need to take plenty of strong 50% Deet mosquito repellent.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines