Santa Catalina Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Drive to Union City

Union City Jul 18, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I will fly into San Jose because it is a nicer and smaller airport since I am traveling with someone who uses a wheelchair.

How is the drive from San Jose to Union City and how long does it take?

Can you recommend a nice hotel near St. Anne Church?

Thank you in advance.

more
    • san diego zoo safari park

San Diego Jul 17, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Is it a good idea to do a separate safari when visiting the zoo safari park? Thanks

more
    • photography locations

Laguna Beach Jul 16, 2014 at 6:30 PM

can someone suggest a good location to shoot images of kids with perhaps a flower/rose garden type of setting?

more
    • Tide Pools

San Pedro Jul 16, 2014 at 3:01 PM

When I was a kid my dad would take me to the tide pools. I tried going a few years ago but I couldn't find the access road. Is it still there?? I would love to take my daughter now

more
    • Orange St and 5th

Long Beach Jul 10, 2014 at 5:19 PM

this is right across the street from Franklin Middle School. It has a lower rent, which makes me question the safety of the area. does anyone have any opinion? thanks!

more
    • Sightseeing and activity recommendations

South Lake Tahoe Jun 29, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Hi,
      I plan to take my 3 kids to Lake Tahoe in August. I plan to drive there, and will stay there for 2 full days. This is our first time to Lake Tahoe, and I found lots of things to do and see when I looked it up on the web. I want to know what sights and activities are most recommended to see or do in 2 days. Your specific advise will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

more
    • what todo today

Santa Cruz Jun 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM

is there any events today in santa cruz?

more
    • Pickleball Play?

Santa Barbara Jun 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM

is there any organized or not, pickleball in Santa Barbara or close?

more
    • father son time

Eureka Jun 26, 2014 at 6:36 PM

want too catch a fish off of the north jette, with my son i have no clue what to use or were to fish can you help a bratha out ? thanks

more
    • public golf course

Eureka Jul 21, 2014 at 5:53 PM

are there public golf courses?

more
    • hot air ballooning and paragliding

Napa Jul 21, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Looking to do hot air ballooning and paragliding for our teenager girls. Napa is not much favoring kids due to wines; can you suggest any other locations in CA for these activities?

If we go to Napa, what else can we do with our teenagers?

thanks

more
    • What can i do in and near Seal beach?

Seal Beach Jul 9, 2014 at 2:26 PM

is there anything fun to do in seal beach for a good price? anything near as well? It'd a road trip from Texas! Also can you swim? Or is it for the seals only? are there actually seals there also

more
    • Oxnard beach/harbor area

Oxnard Jul 4, 2014 at 5:26 PM

What is the Phone number to that free shuttle that operates in the Oxnard harbor/beach area?

more
    • Transportation

Pebble Beach 9 hours ago

How much is a cab from Monterey airport to inn at spanish Bay. Or should I rent a car?

more
    • Single Guy - traveling Solo

Palm Springs Jul 18, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out what is something I can do in one day all by myself in Palm Springs. I arrive Saturday at 10am and leave Sunday at 3pm.

I'm open to suggestions, but as specific as possible since I know nothing about the area would be helpful!

Hiking, Socializing, Dancing, activities, Resorts, etc. (no golfing, LOL)

Budget conscientious - always :)

more
    • transit help SLT to carson pass

South Lake Tahoe Jul 9, 2014 at 11:28 PM

are there any transit options from SLT to carson pass?

more
    • Best excursions in Fresno/Monterey Bay Area??

Fresno Jul 9, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We are coming to Fresno/Monterey Bay area around Sept 10-20. What are the top excursions to do while we are there? Such as Kayaking, sailing, salmon watching? Thank you!

more
    • Best driving route to avoid L.A. traffic driving from northern California to Leucadia

Leucadia Jul 9, 2014 at 10:18 AM

What's the best route from northern California (north of San Francisco) driving south to Leucadia, CA to avoid L.A. traffic?

more
    • inexpensive family restaurants on the beach?

Manhattan Beach Jul 1, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Can you tell me a good inexpensive family restaurant on the Manhattan beach?

more
    • lallarebecca's Profile Photo

Must see L.A.?

Los Angeles Jun 29, 2014 at 4:56 AM

I´ll be coming for the first time to L.A. in mid-November for 3 days and would like to know what are the must-see, and must-visit places?

I have guidebooks at home but a short list from you people would make it so much easier to sum it up!

By the way, what should we consider when driving in L.A.? Is it hard to get a parkingspot downtown or near popular sights?

Thanks in advance! :)

more
    • activities for teenagers

Monterey Jul 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM

activities for teenagers

Looking to do hot air ballooning and paragliding for our teenager girls. Napa is not much favoring kids due to wines; can you suggest any other locations like Carmel, Monterey in CA for these activities?

thanks

more
    • activities for teenagers

Carmel-by-the-Sea Jul 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM

activities for teenagers

Looking to do hot air ballooning and paragliding for our teenager girls. Napa is not much favoring kids due to wines; can you suggest any other locations like Carmel, Monterey in CA for these activities?

thanks

more
    • Best Airport

Union City Jul 17, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I need to go to Union City, CA on a weekday. What is the best airport to fly into? How long does it take to drive to Union City from that airport? Should I rent a car or take a taxi?

Thank you in advance.

more
    • transportation from palm springs to san diego airport

Palm Springs Jul 13, 2014 at 5:21 PM

what is the least expensive way to get from Palm Springs to San Diego airport?

more
    • ScotsSunseeker's Profile Photo

Redondo Beach

Los Angeles Jul 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Hi again and thanks for the answers to my previous query, all very helpful.

Ok, Redondo Beach, really want to visit here and tried before but my wife was put off when the train stopped at the raised station and she couldn't see any transport link to take us to into the city. So, is this the only way to get to Redondo or is there a bus link from Downtown? I have done some searching and now realise that all we had to do was go downstairs from the station to catch a bus but I am curious as to any other way of getting there. We love bus journeys as we enjoy seeing a city this way.

Thanks in advance, Phil.

more
    • Discounts/Donation for Girl Scouts

by cozycampers Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hi, My girl scout trip sold cookies to go to Catalina Island. We would like to stay one or two nights over the summer (could be weekdays or weekend). We have earned enough money for the boat ride over to the island and one or two activities but not we don't have much for lodgings. I need a place for 10 people, a hotel or condo, not picky. Do any of you know anyone or any place that offers discounts or will donate a night stay to girl scouts? We are willing to do service hours to help pay for the stay. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks a bunch.

3 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • rain ? ? ?

by onikkio Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Yikes, this weekend a storm is supposed to come and we've already planed a getaway to Catalina.
      Anyone been to Catalina when it's been raining?
      What's there to do???
      Help x 10 !

)

5 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • Dog-Friendly activities or beaches on Catalina Island?

by beachexplore90046 Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I have heard mixed reviews on the dog-friendliness of Catalina Island. I hear Avalon is not as pet-friendly as the north side of the island. Any ideas on what activities are available to sweet lab on the island?

Thank you so much!

3 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    • Sallyjjjmmm's Profile Photo

Where do you go to get to Catalina Is?

by Sallyjjjmmm Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Where do you go to get to Catalina Is?

3 Answers Feb 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • Hamilton Cove Villas?

by euro_travel3 Online Now Oct 12, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Hello -

My husband and I are planning to spend a couple days this December for our 1st Anniversary and are looking to stay at a nice, romantic place with ocean views. I have looked online the last couple days and so far have only liked Hamilton Cove Villas. The catch is that once I book a villa its non-refundable. I am a little hesistant to book without really hearing reviews from people on the particular villa we are interested in booking (based on availability). The villa we are interested in is 2-45.

Any comments/suggestions??

I would like to book within the new few days while its still available..

Any feedback is appreciated.

PT.

4 Answers Oct 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    • Car Transport

by snobrdchic Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Is there a drive on Ferry? I plan to go camping and will have a loaded up van that I want to take to the island.

7 Answers Aug 18, 2010 at 12:52 PM
    • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Hotel for one night on weekend

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now May 14, 2010 at 6:34 PM

All of the hotels that I have contacted so far insist on a minimum two night stay on weekends. While I can appreciate that this does make sense for them, it does not fit my schedule. Anybody know of a hotel that will rent for just a Saturday night?

Or does anyone want to split it, and also stay just one day on the weekend of July 16th/17th/18th?

Any other bits of advice about where to stay are appreciated too.
      Thanks

1 Answer May 14, 2010 at 10:43 PM
    • weddings

by boolu Online Now Dec 1, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Is it possible to have a wedding at the Inn on Mt ada?

• catalina island, california accommodation and tour question

by ltt Online Now Apr 3, 2008 at 12:04 PM

i'm considering a 2 night stay on catalina island at the end of september. i'm female, 40 and travelling alone. i've done some research already but wanted to hear some recommendations from you. i prefer not to spend a fortune - around150/night - like a quiet place, don't need fancy just clean, like to have a tv and walking distance to the beach and ocean view desirable (but not necessary).
      is the submarine tour much better then the glass bottom boat tour? any recommended spots that have better snorkeling then others?
      thanks for your help. appreciate it.

3 Answers Apr 5, 2008 at 1:38 PM
    • Catalina island /cheap golf carts

by davidicondotcom Online Now Aug 3, 2007 at 1:23 PM

where can i find the most inexpensive golf carts to rent ?? 10$??

1 Answer Feb 23, 2008 at 2:02 AM
    • snorkelling at Lovers' Cove

by teresacountryman Online Now Jan 28, 2007 at 8:13 PM

There's a team of three guys conducting snorkelling tours of Lovers' Cove for groups from cruise ships (one of the three is named Eric). What is the name of their business and how do I contact them?

• bettyo70's Profile Photo

Going to Catalina in June...Anyone know any great HOTEL PACKAGES (including tours, transportation)?

by bettyo70 Online Now May 12, 2006 at 11:40 AM

Hey Everybody,

Want to escape to Catalina in June. We love doing eco tours, underwater boat tours, hiking, etc.

Does anyone know of a hotel offering great complete package deals?

We like cute, relaxing small hotels. We're not in to "roughing it" too much.

THANKS!

3 Answers May 13, 2006 at 5:54 PM
    • Any seashells on Catalina beaches??

by carlaburro Online Now Sep 18, 2005 at 1:19 AM

Hi. We will be on the island 9/20, just a few days away. Can anyone suggest scenic beaches and if any have seashells? Thank you.

1 Answer Sep 22, 2005 at 10:23 AM
    • Flying Fish??

by carlaburro Online Now Sep 6, 2005 at 2:44 AM

Hello. My hubby & I will be on the island 9/20/05. We were wondering if the famous "Flying Fish" can still be seen at night from our cruise ship? Also can you recommend pretty areas & beaches (not for swimming) that might have seashells? Thank you, Carla

• There for 1 day (cruise) - What should we do?

by firsttime Online Now Sep 4, 2005 at 3:27 PM

We arrive on Santa Catalina Island, Tuesday, October 18, 2005 celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary. We arrive at 8:00AM and depart at 5:00PM. What are the "must see's" on Santa Catalina Island .

3 Answers Sep 5, 2005 at 3:34 PM
    • I Want To Live In Santa Catalina Island Any Apartment Rentals?

by SoLetItBe Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 8:26 PM

If anyone could please give me names of Aparment Rentals or/and
      a source to check private Rentals on the Island please send
      it my way. I'm in my planning phase and would like to move in the
      next month or two any recommendations or advice would be greatly
      appreciated. :)

1 Answer Aug 1, 2005 at 9:10 PM
    • AprilJanell's Profile Photo

Any advice for how to take a last minute, inexpensive jaunt to Catalina Island?

by AprilJanell Online Now Dec 23, 2004 at 3:23 PM

Hi. My name is April. I've been a member of VT for a while now. I just relocated from Austin to Los Angeles. Last year I was fortunate enough to visit Catalina Island for the first time...a friend of mine was married there. It has stuck in my mind ever since. I even hold it slightly responsible for my relocation to California. I am not able to go home for the holidays...because of work...but I do have the 25th & the 26th off. I just had the random idea today to go to the island to spend the holiday! I know it a long shot...finances are a little tight & I know I'd have to get ferry tickets and all that...find a last minute inexpesive place to stay (if possible)...but I'm a trooper, so I thought I'd check with my VT pals...network a little bit...maybe you guys know of someone who rents their place out if they are gone...who has a boat and does chartering and wouldn't mind on christmas day. This is a very untraditional holiday for me, but it doesn't have to be a sad thing...and I can't think of a better place to spend it! Please let me know if you can help and happy holidays to you and yours. I'll also check your VT travel pages if you live on the island...for tips on food and lodging...mostly lodging...the beauty is enough to take in... Thank you for your time. Sincerely, April

4 Answers Dec 24, 2004 at 4:44 PM
    • Snokeling

by lryder71 Online Now Sep 23, 2004 at 1:18 PM

We will be in the Long Beach/Catalina area around the 20th of October. Is it still warm enough to snorkle? We're coming from ND so 60-65 degrees water temp is warm. Is it best to set up a guided tour, or can we just do it on our own as we will bring our own equipment? Any pointers on the best place to go off the shoreline?

2 Answers Sep 26, 2004 at 12:52 PM
    • Where can I park for less than $11/ day

by spencerette Online Now Jul 29, 2004 at 11:00 AM

I'm going to Catalina this weekend and would like to know if there are any parking lots other than the one recommended by Catalina Express and the other boat companies which runs11/ day. There must be another choice. Please let me know if you have ever parked somewhere else, what the price was and what you found. Thank you.

1 Answer Jul 30, 2004 at 11:43 AM
    • Traveling with 3 kids

by redheat Online Now Jul 9, 2004 at 12:51 PM

Which hotel would you recommend to stay with kids: 14, 9, 3?

2 Answers Jul 10, 2004 at 12:12 PM
    • MStars's Profile Photo

carnival cruise

by MStars Online Now Jul 6, 2004 at 11:12 PM

has anyone recently gone on the carnival 4 night cruise from long beach to catalina and ensenada? i heard some not so good things about it, how was your overall experience?

• kdb92's Profile Photo

Hotels and things to do on Catalina Island

by kdb92 Online Now Jun 17, 2004 at 1:44 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay on catalina island? Also, what kinds of things are there to do there?

10 Answers Jul 16, 2004 at 2:26 PM
    • Private Boater Needed

by Davexx Online Now Nov 26, 2002 at 8:31 PM

My wife and I fly into Long Beach on our way to Catalina Island on January 8. Unfortuately, we get in about the same that as the last commercial boat to Catalina leaves. I am hoping to hire a private boater to take us over to Catalina, leaving Long Beach at about 6:30 PM. Do you know anyone who would be willing to do this? Thanks for your help. Dave Townsend townsenddw@aol.com 425-746-4523

3 Answers Sep 25, 2004 at 11:11 PM