Santa Catalina Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Help -- Need a Ride!

Sonoma Nov 20, 2014 at 11:55 AM

From Sonoma to SFO on Thanksgiving evening, does anyone have any ride recommendations?

more
    • Help -- Need a Ride!

Sonoma Nov 20, 2014 at 11:54 AM

From Sonoma to SFO on Thanksgiving evening, does anyone have any ride recommendations?

more
    • Arriving in Irvine....hotel in Costa Mesa

Irvine Yesterday

Hi,
      I'm arriving in Irvine via Amtrak train and have a hotel booked in Costa Mesa. I was wondering if there is a bus/train that will get me to my hotel? I'm staying near the John Wayne Airport. Thank you in advance!

more
    • Parking for Laker's Game

Los Angeles Dec 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM

My family of four are going to watch a Laker's game on Dec. 23rd, need your advice on where to park. We don't mind walking a few blocks, but of course need your advice if it's safe to walk. The game starts at 7:30pm, so it'd be 10:30pm or later when it ends.

Thank you very much.

more
    • What's on in San Francisco?

San Francisco Dec 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Are there any good shows or plays on in San Francisco this week (Dec 1st to 4th)?

more
    • Rent a car in Irvine

Irvine Dec 6, 2014 at 3:22 AM

I want to rent a car in Irvine, where would usually visitors collect the vehicles?

more
    • Help -- Need a Ride!

San Francisco Nov 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM

From Sonoma to SFO Thanksgiving evening, does anyone have any ride recommendations?

more
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

airport times

Los Angeles Dec 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM

hi -- we will be flying into lax at 2pm(predicted time) on an air new zealand flight from australia . we then want to catch an internal flight lax to dallas with virgin america at 520pm--- is that enough time to get to the internal airport and get cleared through customs and allow for delays etc ?== thanks for your help

more
    • Innominate's Profile Photo

Restaurants and bars in Chinatown

San Francisco Dec 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I will be arriving in San Francisco for the first time on Friday 19 December and staying until Monday 22, and then returning for a full week in mid-January 2015. For the first night I should like to go to Chinatown. Could anyone recommend a restaurant that has great food and atmosphere? And any nice bars? Many thanks in advance.

more
    • taryn21's Profile Photo

Quickest route from LA to San Diego

Los Angeles Nov 21, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Online, I'm seeing traffic delays and construction along the I-5 from LAX to San Diego. We'll be traveling that route on Dec 1/14, flight getting in at 2pm. Recommendations from locals on the quickest route? Google maps recommends the 405 & I5. Is that correct?

more
    • 4 Month Holiday Though Cali' (Travel Issues)

California Dec 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Starting around end of July through to the end of November next year, i plan on travelling, pretty much, the whole length of California.

Unfortunately i've encountered a problem with my travel plans.
      Originally, i planned on buying a van, driving through Cali and basically living out of the van.
      After extensive research, i've scrapped this plan as it seems more or less impossible to buy, register and insure a car in the U.S as a UK citizen.

Plan B was to rent a large car/van long term and drive through Cali, once again, mainly living out of the car/van to save money on accommodation. This also comes with it's own problems as i have only just passed my driving test. A lot of rental companies require you to have held a full licence for a minimum of 1 or 2 years.
      Also rental companies charge an extra fee for drivers aged under 25. I am 23...
      AND... the amount of miles i intend on travelling may also incur more charges.
      So that's sounding like a pretty expensive option.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to travel through Cali on a budget? Or a way around massive rental charges?

Thanks for the help.

more
    • Where should I sit at AT&T Park?

San Francisco Dec 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM

We're visiting California from The UK next year and will be in SF May 2014. Would love to experience a 'ballgame' - been looking at tickets for AT&T Park (Stubhub) but do not have any idea about where the best place to sit is. We know nothing about baseball - just want to savour the atmosphere and meet some friendly SF people. Any suggestions?
      Also, what would be the best way to get to AT&T Park? We'll have a rental car but is public transport the best? We're staying in near Union Square. Kind Regards

more
    • Discounts/Donation for Girl Scouts

by cozycampers Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hi, My girl scout trip sold cookies to go to Catalina Island. We would like to stay one or two nights over the summer (could be weekdays or weekend). We have earned enough money for the boat ride over to the island and one or two activities but not we don't have much for lodgings. I need a place for 10 people, a hotel or condo, not picky. Do any of you know anyone or any place that offers discounts or will donate a night stay to girl scouts? We are willing to do service hours to help pay for the stay. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks a bunch.

3 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • rain ? ? ?

by onikkio Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Yikes, this weekend a storm is supposed to come and we've already planed a getaway to Catalina.
      Anyone been to Catalina when it's been raining?
      What's there to do???
      Help x 10 !

)

5 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • Dog-Friendly activities or beaches on Catalina Island?

by beachexplore90046 Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I have heard mixed reviews on the dog-friendliness of Catalina Island. I hear Avalon is not as pet-friendly as the north side of the island. Any ideas on what activities are available to sweet lab on the island?

Thank you so much!

3 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    • Sallyjjjmmm's Profile Photo

Where do you go to get to Catalina Is?

by Sallyjjjmmm Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Where do you go to get to Catalina Is?

3 Answers Feb 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • Hamilton Cove Villas?

by euro_travel3 Online Now Oct 12, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Hello -

My husband and I are planning to spend a couple days this December for our 1st Anniversary and are looking to stay at a nice, romantic place with ocean views. I have looked online the last couple days and so far have only liked Hamilton Cove Villas. The catch is that once I book a villa its non-refundable. I am a little hesistant to book without really hearing reviews from people on the particular villa we are interested in booking (based on availability). The villa we are interested in is 2-45.

Any comments/suggestions??

I would like to book within the new few days while its still available..

Any feedback is appreciated.

PT.

4 Answers Oct 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    • Car Transport

by snobrdchic Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Is there a drive on Ferry? I plan to go camping and will have a loaded up van that I want to take to the island.

7 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Hotel for one night on weekend

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now May 14, 2010 at 6:34 PM

All of the hotels that I have contacted so far insist on a minimum two night stay on weekends. While I can appreciate that this does make sense for them, it does not fit my schedule. Anybody know of a hotel that will rent for just a Saturday night?

Or does anyone want to split it, and also stay just one day on the weekend of July 16th/17th/18th?

Any other bits of advice about where to stay are appreciated too.
      Thanks

1 Answer May 14, 2010 at 10:43 PM
    • weddings

by boolu Online Now Dec 1, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Is it possible to have a wedding at the Inn on Mt ada?

• catalina island, california accommodation and tour question

by ltt Online Now Apr 3, 2008 at 12:04 PM

i'm considering a 2 night stay on catalina island at the end of september. i'm female, 40 and travelling alone. i've done some research already but wanted to hear some recommendations from you. i prefer not to spend a fortune - around150/night - like a quiet place, don't need fancy just clean, like to have a tv and walking distance to the beach and ocean view desirable (but not necessary).
      is the submarine tour much better then the glass bottom boat tour? any recommended spots that have better snorkeling then others?
      thanks for your help. appreciate it.

3 Answers Apr 5, 2008 at 1:38 PM
    • Catalina island /cheap golf carts

by davidicondotcom Online Now Aug 3, 2007 at 1:23 PM

where can i find the most inexpensive golf carts to rent ?? 10$??

1 Answer Feb 23, 2008 at 2:02 AM
    • snorkelling at Lovers' Cove

by teresacountryman Online Now Jan 28, 2007 at 8:13 PM

There's a team of three guys conducting snorkelling tours of Lovers' Cove for groups from cruise ships (one of the three is named Eric). What is the name of their business and how do I contact them?

• bettyo70's Profile Photo

Going to Catalina in June...Anyone know any great HOTEL PACKAGES (including tours, transportation)?

by bettyo70 Online Now May 12, 2006 at 11:40 AM

Hey Everybody,

Want to escape to Catalina in June. We love doing eco tours, underwater boat tours, hiking, etc.

Does anyone know of a hotel offering great complete package deals?

We like cute, relaxing small hotels. We're not in to "roughing it" too much.

THANKS!

3 Answers May 13, 2006 at 5:54 PM
    • Any seashells on Catalina beaches??

by carlaburro Online Now Sep 18, 2005 at 1:19 AM

Hi. We will be on the island 9/20, just a few days away. Can anyone suggest scenic beaches and if any have seashells? Thank you.

1 Answer Sep 22, 2005 at 10:23 AM
    • Flying Fish??

by carlaburro Online Now Sep 6, 2005 at 2:44 AM

Hello. My hubby & I will be on the island 9/20/05. We were wondering if the famous "Flying Fish" can still be seen at night from our cruise ship? Also can you recommend pretty areas & beaches (not for swimming) that might have seashells? Thank you, Carla

• There for 1 day (cruise) - What should we do?

by firsttime Online Now Sep 4, 2005 at 3:27 PM

We arrive on Santa Catalina Island, Tuesday, October 18, 2005 celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary. We arrive at 8:00AM and depart at 5:00PM. What are the "must see's" on Santa Catalina Island .

3 Answers Sep 5, 2005 at 3:34 PM
    • I Want To Live In Santa Catalina Island Any Apartment Rentals?

by SoLetItBe Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 8:26 PM

If anyone could please give me names of Aparment Rentals or/and
      a source to check private Rentals on the Island please send
      it my way. I'm in my planning phase and would like to move in the
      next month or two any recommendations or advice would be greatly
      appreciated. :)

1 Answer Aug 1, 2005 at 9:10 PM
    • AprilJanell's Profile Photo

Any advice for how to take a last minute, inexpensive jaunt to Catalina Island?

by AprilJanell Online Now Dec 23, 2004 at 3:23 PM

Hi. My name is April. I've been a member of VT for a while now. I just relocated from Austin to Los Angeles. Last year I was fortunate enough to visit Catalina Island for the first time...a friend of mine was married there. It has stuck in my mind ever since. I even hold it slightly responsible for my relocation to California. I am not able to go home for the holidays...because of work...but I do have the 25th & the 26th off. I just had the random idea today to go to the island to spend the holiday! I know it a long shot...finances are a little tight & I know I'd have to get ferry tickets and all that...find a last minute inexpesive place to stay (if possible)...but I'm a trooper, so I thought I'd check with my VT pals...network a little bit...maybe you guys know of someone who rents their place out if they are gone...who has a boat and does chartering and wouldn't mind on christmas day. This is a very untraditional holiday for me, but it doesn't have to be a sad thing...and I can't think of a better place to spend it! Please let me know if you can help and happy holidays to you and yours. I'll also check your VT travel pages if you live on the island...for tips on food and lodging...mostly lodging...the beauty is enough to take in... Thank you for your time. Sincerely, April

4 Answers Dec 24, 2004 at 4:44 PM
    • Snokeling

by lryder71 Online Now Sep 23, 2004 at 1:18 PM

We will be in the Long Beach/Catalina area around the 20th of October. Is it still warm enough to snorkle? We're coming from ND so 60-65 degrees water temp is warm. Is it best to set up a guided tour, or can we just do it on our own as we will bring our own equipment? Any pointers on the best place to go off the shoreline?

2 Answers Sep 26, 2004 at 12:52 PM
    • Where can I park for less than $11/ day

by spencerette Online Now Jul 29, 2004 at 11:00 AM

I'm going to Catalina this weekend and would like to know if there are any parking lots other than the one recommended by Catalina Express and the other boat companies which runs11/ day. There must be another choice. Please let me know if you have ever parked somewhere else, what the price was and what you found. Thank you.

1 Answer Jul 30, 2004 at 11:43 AM
    • Traveling with 3 kids

by redheat Online Now Jul 9, 2004 at 12:51 PM

Which hotel would you recommend to stay with kids: 14, 9, 3?

2 Answers Jul 10, 2004 at 12:12 PM
    • MStars's Profile Photo

carnival cruise

by MStars Online Now Jul 6, 2004 at 11:12 PM

has anyone recently gone on the carnival 4 night cruise from long beach to catalina and ensenada? i heard some not so good things about it, how was your overall experience?

• kdb92's Profile Photo

Hotels and things to do on Catalina Island

by kdb92 Online Now Jun 17, 2004 at 1:44 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay on catalina island? Also, what kinds of things are there to do there?

10 Answers Jul 16, 2004 at 2:26 PM
    • Private Boater Needed

by Davexx Online Now Nov 26, 2002 at 8:31 PM

My wife and I fly into Long Beach on our way to Catalina Island on January 8. Unfortuately, we get in about the same that as the last commercial boat to Catalina leaves. I am hoping to hire a private boater to take us over to Catalina, leaving Long Beach at about 6:30 PM. Do you know anyone who would be willing to do this? Thanks for your help. Dave Townsend townsenddw@aol.com 425-746-4523

3 Answers Sep 25, 2004 at 11:11 PM