Santa Catalina Island Travel Answers

change location
AprilJanell's Profile Photo

Any advice for how to take a last minute, inexpensive jaunt to Catalina Island?

by AprilJanell Online Now Dec 23, 2004 at 3:23 PM

Hi. My name is April. I've been a member of VT for a while now. I just relocated from Austin to Los Angeles. Last year I was fortunate enough to visit Catalina Island for the first time...a friend of mine was married there. It has stuck in my mind ever since. I even hold it slightly responsible for my relocation to California. I am not able to go home for the holidays...because of work...but I do have the 25th & the 26th off. I just had the random idea today to go to the island to spend the holiday! I know it a long shot...finances are a little tight & I know I'd have to get ferry tickets and all that...find a last minute inexpesive place to stay (if possible)...but I'm a trooper, so I thought I'd check with my VT pals...network a little bit...maybe you guys know of someone who rents their place out if they are gone...who has a boat and does chartering and wouldn't mind on christmas day. This is a very untraditional holiday for me, but it doesn't have to be a sad thing...and I can't think of a better place to spend it! Please let me know if you can help and happy holidays to you and yours. I'll also check your VT travel pages if you live on the island...for tips on food and lodging...mostly lodging...the beauty is enough to take in... Thank you for your time. Sincerely, April

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Any advice for how to take a last minute, inexpensive jaunt to Catalina Island?

by travelgourmet Online Now Dec 23, 2004 at 4:02 PM

Check out the website: www.catalina.com Everything is there to look up or reserve a room.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Any advice for how to take a last minute, inexpensive jaunt to Catalina Island?

by joesorce Online Now Dec 23, 2004 at 11:17 PM

• AprilJanell's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Any advice for how to take a last minute, inexpensive jaunt to Catalina Island?

by AprilJanell Online Now Dec 24, 2004 at 10:27 AM

thank you very much

• MonoBichi's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Any advice for how to take a last minute, inexpensive jaunt to Catalina Island?

by MonoBichi Online Now Dec 24, 2004 at 4:44 PM

Ah good, I was thinking that was pretty exclusive, even for a yacht club :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines