Santa Catalina Island Travel Answers

change location

Private Boater Needed

by Davexx Online Now Nov 26, 2002 at 8:31 PM

My wife and I fly into Long Beach on our way to Catalina Island on January 8. Unfortuately, we get in about the same that as the last commercial boat to Catalina leaves. I am hoping to hire a private boater to take us over to Catalina, leaving Long Beach at about 6:30 PM. Do you know anyone who would be willing to do this? Thanks for your help. Dave Townsend townsenddw@aol.com 425-746-4523

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • jenn_d's Profile Photo

Re: Private Boater Needed

by jenn_d Online Now Nov 27, 2002 at 3:26 PM

Another alternative, and probably less expensive than hiring a private boat would be to take the helicopter over. The service costs68 per person each way or126 roundtrip (310)510-2525 Island Express. The flight takes just 14 minutes! According to the schedule I have, the last boat- via the Catalina Express, leaves Long Beach (from Catalina Landing off Ocean Blvd. in downtown)for Catalina @ 7:15 p.m. The trip takes 60 minutes and costs44.50 per person roundtrip. Reservations are a must call 800-481-3470 for more info.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Private Boater Needed

by Davexx Online Now Dec 5, 2002 at 7:38 PM

Thank, for the suggestion of using Catalina Express, but the last departure in the winter is at 5:30 PM. They don't leave after dusk. Anyone else with an idea for getting me to Catalina Island leaving Long Beach area at about 6:30 PM on January 8? Thanks.

• Re: Private Boater Needed

by Adrimark Online Now Sep 25, 2004 at 11:11 PM

Hi, My name is Marko and I fly to Catalina all the time, if you'd like to fly. I fly from John Wayne Airport and the trip is 25/30 minutes long depending on the taxing time. It's a very fun flight, when you get to the airport in Catalina, you need to take the bus, wich is about 20 mins. and get to Avalon and enjoy your evening there. My e-mail is Markotomazin@aol.com if you have any questions. Greetings! Marko.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines