Santa Barbara

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• neighborhoods

by Beth82 Online Now Apr 19, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Considering a property near W Anapamu St & Bath for 3 month rental. Looks like it's a walkable neighborhood
      but is it a safe one?! Thanks for any input.

more
    • neighborhoods

by Beth82 Online Now Apr 19, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Considering a property near W Anapamu St & Bath for 3 month rental. Looks like it's a walkable neighborhood
      but is it a safe one?! Thanks for any input.

1 Answer Apr 19, 2014 at 2:01 PM
    • Sixteenth Birthday

by odalisramirez_xo Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 10:42 AM

For my sixteenth birthday I just want to spend it with my close friends, I want to getaway and just celebrate it with them... have a good time, but my friends are both female and male and I want something we can all enjoy and remember. Any ideas? Please help.

1 Answer Feb 26, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    • HELEN's Profile Photo

Breakfast Places

by HELEN Online Now Jan 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Can anyone recommend some good breakfast places in downtown Santa Barbara.
      Thank you in advance!

2 Answers Jan 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    • SamyValy's Profile Photo

Hotel in Santa Barbara..

by SamyValy Online Now Jul 19, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Hi guys! I'm planning my american summer holidays and I'm looking for a nice hotel in Santa Barbara..i know i'm asking too much but if possible not too expensive :) I'm gonna spend 2 nights there ( in the last week of August ) and i'm sure i will have a good time in that wonderful place.
      Thank you so much for helping me!
      Sam

8 Answers Feb 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    • Summer Solstice Parade 2012 Santa Barbara

by thebeam Online Now Jun 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Any tips on viewing the parade on Saturday June 23 2012?

Any tips on where to park and when to get there?

• What to do for a bachelor party in Santa Barbara?

by cali2012 Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Hi there,
      Myself and some friends are travelling to California from London, UK for a bachelor party. We then plan to drive down the coast, ending up in LA.

We plan to spend a night in Santa Barbara. Whilst we are there, I would like some help on the best area to stay. Which location is close to all the action? Also, can anyone suggest activities we could do in the day, or night (bars/clubs etc).

There are the obvious things, like the wineries, but can anyone suggest things more tailored towards a bachelor party?

Thanks

3 Answers Jan 31, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    • nkhong's Profile Photo

24 Hours in Santa Barbara

by nkhong Online Now Dec 6, 2010 at 4:39 AM

I am planning to drive to Santa Barbara for an overnight trip. I know there are many wineries to visit, but can anyone recommend anything else to do there? Are there any 'must do' or 'must see' things? Planning to go after New Years. Any special festivals?

1 Answer Dec 6, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    • Picnic areas in Botanical gardens

by bngclark Online Now Sep 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM

We are traveling to Santa Barbara area in October and like to have picnics in some out the way and beautiful places (8 people travelling). Are there picnic tables in the Botanical Gardens?

3 Answers Sep 26, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    • matt.safrica's Profile Photo

One full day in Santa Barbara

by matt.safrica Online Now Jul 22, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Hi, we will have one full day in Santa Barbara in September and we're not quite sure how to organize that day or what to fit in. Some of the things we are considering doing are the land and sea tour (Land Shark) and/or the Top Deck Trolley tour through the town. We've also been told that Brophy Bros is a great place to grab a meal.
      We'll be staying in Natoma Avenue so we're quite close to the Wharf etc.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated (there are just two of us, no kids).

Cheers, Matt

5 Answers Jul 23, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    • Travel advice for people in there 80's

by Pennytwigg Online Now Jul 22, 2010 at 11:17 AM

My 80 year old parents are going to Santa Barbara the last weekend in September for a wedding. They want to travel to Yosemite and possibly Sausilto. They will have about seven days starting September 27. We need suggestions to get them to Yosemite with little or no driving. I am wondering about Amtrak or tours. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated including alternate stops. They will rent a car but we are not comfortable about them driving. Yosemite is high on there list of places to visit but my dad has problems walking. Thanks!!!

6 Answers Jul 22, 2010 at 11:58 PM
    • wineries and more.....

by z71guy Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 12:20 PM

My wife and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary in santa barbara for a couple days in November and then moving a little farther north to other wine areas. What are the good wineries in the area? Is there something like a party bus that will drive you around from winery to winery so you don't have to worry about driving? We are also looking for some nightlife. Are there any good adult oriented bars in the area? Thanks.

11 Answers Nov 18, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    • Las Vegas to California

by HildaP Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 3:35 PM

My husband and I will be driving from Las Vegas to Cali in late July. We love the beach and would also like to visit some wineries. We will be flying back from Los Angeles. Would like to spend one night in Santa Barbara and one night the last night in LA that leaves me with one night not accounted for. Any suggestions as to where we should go. Any suggestions on what to do..our first time there..

5 Answers Mar 17, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    • 24 Hrs in SB

by nino224 Online Now Feb 27, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Arriving in SB around noon on a Sunday and leaving early the next morning to catch a flight. I've read about the beach and pier to watch the dolphins. Town Hall tower for aerial views, and the trolley for a spin around town.
      Any other must-do's I can squeeze into 12 hours?

Also read where someone suggested finding a hotel on State street and keeping clear of Haley St. Is that right?

3 Answers Mar 4, 2010 at 1:34 AM
    • summer housing in isla vista

by grolsh66 Online Now Mar 1, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Myself and three of my friends are going to california for the summer and are looking for a house to rent. I've been told that isla vista in santa barbara is the place to be!

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could tell me how I would go about getting accommodation in isla vista?

1 Answer Mar 1, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    • Surprise Birthday Trip For My Boyfriend

by iluvpinkerton Online Now Sep 12, 2008 at 2:11 PM

I'm planning a surprise weekend trip to Santa Barbara area for my boyfriend's birthday in mid-october. I was wondering if anyone has good ideas for where to stay, dine, etc.

here is what I'm looking for:
      *a nice bed and breakfast that is quaint and quiet (price range 100-150 per night)
      *a nice (but not ridiculously expensive) restaurant (I'm thinking around100 for dinner + wine for two)
      *favorite wineries
      *a nice picnic area for lunch
      *a nice brunch for sunday morning

any recommendations would be great! Thanks!

• traveling from SB to Carpinteria

by msuero21 Online Now Aug 1, 2008 at 6:52 PM

I will be traveling to California for the first time. Other than car rental... What other transportation would be feasible from the Santa Barbara Airport to Carpinteria Ave. in the Carpinteria South area, located about 20 miles away?
      Is there public transportation? How much would taxi service cost?

1 Answer Aug 2, 2008 at 12:47 PM
    • Need a scent free place to stay (late July)

by tecolata Online Now Jun 13, 2008 at 11:31 AM

I am coming to Santa Barbara late July and need to stay one night in a Bed & Breakfast, lodging or anyplace with a bed and shower that uses no scented cleaning products, laundry detergents, etc. Hotels are out of the question. I don't want to sleep in my car. Any ideas?

1 Answer Jul 10, 2008 at 9:41 PM
    • Helping a friend

by inmaculada31 Online Now Feb 25, 2008 at 8:46 AM

Hello.

A friend of mine that knows that I´ll be travelling to California in July asked me the favour of finding out why Santa Barbara has that name.

She is a teacher in a small village in the north of the island called Santa Barbara ( Icod ).Her mother told her that ,when she was a child, the priest said that Santa Barbara in California was founded by a man, a priest, who was born here, in Santa Barbara, Tenerife. She wants her students to do a search of that but first she need to know if that is truth. I´m wondering if you are good enough to tell me if that information is right or you know who can help me to get this information.
      Why Santa Barbara is called like that?

Thank you for your help

4 Answers Feb 29, 2008 at 2:28 PM
    • sheisaeval's Profile Photo

a day in santa ynez valley and a day in santa barbara

by sheisaeval Online Now Feb 24, 2008 at 5:56 AM

Anyway, next month (march) I am spending two days (well, two full days, plus the first day's evening, I'll be leaving the morning of the day after)
      Anyway, for my first full day, we will have a car available and will be driving around the Santa Ynez Valley. Here are some things we are thinking about doing:

Chamush painted caves shp (does this cost?)
      clairmont farms
      zaca mesa winery
      quicksilver ranch
      solvang - visiting danish bakeries (any suggestions?), santa ines?
      ostrichland
      nojoqui falls

And then our full Santa Barbara day we WONT have a car, so:
      Alice keck park
      courthouse
      el presidio
      sb contemporary arts forum
      farmers market
      stearns wharf
      chase palm park

Any other suggestions or what to do or see? We prefer cheap/free things if possible.

Also, what are some places we can get some good picnic food (but not too pricy) if we decide to picnic in the santa ynez valley while we're there?

6 Answers Mar 26, 2008 at 3:49 PM
    • sheisaeval's Profile Photo

SB birthday freebies?

by sheisaeval Online Now Feb 12, 2008 at 10:36 AM

If one is in SB during their birthday, is there any restaurants, stores, or anything in town that will give freebies or discounted meals/items for someone during their birthday?

2 Answers Feb 12, 2008 at 11:15 AM
    • Housing Wanted Summer 2008!!

by irishgirls Online Now Jan 7, 2008 at 9:21 AM

Hi,

We are 6 Irish students going to California for the Summer months June,July and August. We are looking for accomodation in Isla Vista, preferably 2 bedrooms. Furnished/Not furnished. If you know anyone who would like to rent their house to us please contact us as soon as possible.

Thanks!!

• From Santa Barbara to Yosemite

by epsom60 Online Now Oct 4, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Hello everyone,
      Will be travelling from Santa Barbara to Yosemite during the day. Any suggestion for fantastic "pit-stops" or great lunch adventure along the way. Would appreciate any comment.
      Cheers
      Charles

5 Answers Oct 17, 2007 at 12:23 PM
    • IF YOU ONLY HAD 1-2 DAYS

by corugo Online Now Sep 5, 2007 at 7:42 AM

WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST THAT A PERSON SHOULD SEE TO EXPERIENCE SANTA BARBARA AND ITS HISTORY? WE WERE THERE YEARS AGO AND ALL I CAN REMEMBER ABOUT IT IS THAT IT WAS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL AND EXPENSIVE! WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE IN APRIL 2008. THANKS.

5 Answers Sep 19, 2007 at 10:03 PM
    • First time in CA and Santa Barbara

by Arianeg01 Online Now Aug 28, 2007 at 12:10 PM

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Santa Barbara in 2 weeks time from the East coast with my boyfriend who is going for business. I need some suggestions on what to do by myself around that area during the week. I will have a rental car. I'm very much into the outdoors, hiking, etc. but I'm not sure if I feel comfortable doing that on my own. On the weekend we will probably hit some wineries and hopefully take a day trip to Sequoia or Channel Islands NP. I've read about Santa Barbara botanic gardens which sounds great and I guess I will hit the beach at least one of the days. Any other ideas?

2 Answers Aug 29, 2007 at 7:37 AM
    • gripdxd's Profile Photo

What's the best Wine Tasting Tour

by gripdxd Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Hi I'm visiting SB in August for a day and would like to know what the best deal for wine tasting. Should we just visit a whole bunch along this trail where they are all located? I'm thinking wine/biking maybe nice as well. Help!

2 Answers Jul 23, 2007 at 1:35 PM
    • soozyd's Profile Photo

Hiking

by soozyd Online Now Jun 5, 2007 at 1:37 PM

What's your favorite short hike in the Santa Barbara area? I'll be there this weekend and would like something scenic, quiet and not-too-rigorous. Any suggestions?

4 Answers Jun 6, 2007 at 10:58 AM
    • Isla Vista

by NualaMcGlade Online Now May 2, 2007 at 6:00 AM

Hi, Myself and three friends are heading to Isla Vista on the 3rd of June. We are looking dor cheap student accommodation from the 3rd of June to the 15TH July.If anyone is interested in renting out their room please reply.
      Thanks Nuala

2 Answers May 4, 2007 at 9:48 AM
    • Isla Vista Summer Rentals

by jakeymac Online Now Feb 16, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Myself and 6 friends (all girls) will be spending the Summer working and living in Santa Barbara. As of yet, we have nowhere to live...We were hoping to stay in the Isla Vista area as we heard it's a student area and thus fairly cheap. Does anybody know of any houses/apartments that might be suitable for us to stay in? We don't mind cramming!

I'd appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Feb 16, 2007 at 1:50 PM
    • henniker's Profile Photo

looking for a hotel?

by henniker Online Now Dec 5, 2006 at 11:48 AM

hi, Im looking for a hotel in SB for the night of the 30th dec, any one no of a fabby hotel , boutique or ritzy just some where nice?? or if some one could reccomend a good web site to look at ,thanks

5 Answers Dec 7, 2006 at 9:36 PM
    • 4 Germans looking for a place to live

by ChrisMurle Online Now Nov 21, 2006 at 8:46 AM

Hello,
      we are four german students coming to Santa Barbara next year.
      We will be there from march 24 until june 30 and we are looking for a place to live during this time.
      It would be awsome if some of you could help us with this problem!

We would very much appreciate any help, idea or support!

Thank you!

Kind regards

Chris

2 Answers Nov 27, 2006 at 1:54 PM