Santa Barbara Travel Answers

change location
gripdxd's Profile Photo

What's the best Wine Tasting Tour

by gripdxd Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Hi I'm visiting SB in August for a day and would like to know what the best deal for wine tasting. Should we just visit a whole bunch along this trail where they are all located? I'm thinking wine/biking maybe nice as well. Help!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Re: What's the best Wine Tasting Tour

by giampiero6 Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 1:33 PM

Hey Kelly... I think the thing to do is have a car and visit a bunch of spots. You'll want to be centered kind of around Los Olivos..which is a charming tiny little hamlet. Think about eating at the Los Olivos Cafe. From Los Olivos, you can visit Blackjack which is very near by, and I'd also recommend visint Foxen, which is a nice drive up Foxen Canyon.

You might also want to check out Melville, and Babcock across the 101 in Lompoc where some of the best Pinot Noir is sourced.

From SB, you'll want to take the 154 past Lake Cachuma for the scenic beauty of the drive. It will be very hot in August by the way....in the 100s (even though the coast can be foggy and cool) so keep that in mind.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Re: What's the best Wine Tasting Tour

by giampiero6 Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 1:35 PM

There is a bike path that goes through some of the country, but it could be hot and far depending on how many places you want to visit. Ballard Inn in Ballard a few hundred yards from Los Olivos is a nice bed and breakfast...(kinda pricey) but they have bikes you can use...

Best.

G

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines