Sankt Veit an der Glan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Stay in Innsbruck or Mayrhofen

Mayrhofen Jun 18, 2014 at 9:47 PM

We are 2 families of 4 adults & 5 youth/kids - no great skiers but looking forward to spending white Xmas (the Australian family esp!) & all its traditions. Planning to book self catering for all of us for 2 wks in Dec.
      Thanks
      Lidia

more
    • JoanTowles's Profile Photo

Attending Mass

Salzburg Jun 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM

What time is Mass celebrated at Saint Peter's Cathedral Salzburg, Austria?

more
    • GETTING AROUND

Salzburg Jun 28, 2014 at 7:08 AM

I have 3-4 days to spend in Salzburg.

1. Any suggestions on reasonably priced hotels near the main train station? I want to be close to transportation (train/busses)
      2. I was planning on doing the Hohenwefen fortress, mirabell gardens, mozart house, schools leopldskron. can i get to all of these with public transportation or should i buy a pass on those hop on hop off tourist busses? I want to be as economical as possible. Also, with these attractions in mind, is it worth for me to buy that pass everyone says allows free access to some of the attractions?
      3. I want to visit the Werfen ice caves. How far is this? Should I take a day tour or should I go by public transportation on my own?
      4. Hallstatt- by bus or train? or should I take a tour there?
      5. Having all these things in mind, should I go back to Salzburg or should I stay in Werfen/Hallstatt? I am leaving to Budapest after Salzburg. Hotels seem to be very expensive in Salzburg.

I don't want to do the typical tourist tours. I want to take a run early in the morning around town, hike, bike around the city, take a dip on a lake if possible, have a picnic somewhere around nature. Any suggestions?!

more
    • Walking in Linz

Linz Jun 19, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Can anybody ktell me how long it takes to walk from the railway station to the old center of Linz, Austria ?

more
    • Welche Stadt, Jenbach oder Mayrhofen, ist besser???

Jenbach Jun 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hallo aus Taipeh
      Ich moechte eine Reise fuer 2 Wochen in Zillertal Oesterreichs machen.. Ich bleibe und uebernachte lieber im ruhigen Ort... Jenbach und Mayrhofen, soviel ich weiss, sind die passende Kleinstaedten.. Welche hat die bequemere Transportationen und Reiseziele, die man nicht zu weit und kompliziert erreichen kann??
      Danke fuer Ihre Auskuenfte!!
      Kuo

more
    • Salzburg or zell am see in august?

Zell am See Jun 17, 2014 at 8:31 PM

My wife and I are planning to go to Austria on August 2 to 7. And i have to choose between Vienna and Salzburg or Vienna and Zell am see. Any suggestion when route to take. By the way do you know if we could find any water activities such as jet skying, paraselling, inner tube, and the like.

more
    • AlleyB's Profile Photo

Private guide, Vienna to Salzburg and back

Vienna Jul 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM

My wife and I are looking for a driver/guide to take us from Vienna to Salzburg. Any recommendations? Thanks.

more
    • Lokation für JGA in Innsbruck gesucht

Innsbruck Jul 2, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Hallo Community, ich schreibe jetzt einfach mal auf deutsch, da ich davon ausgehe, dass nur Einheimische Innsbrucker mir bei dieser Sache helfen können.
      Wir wollen einen etwas ausgefallenen Junggesellenabschied in Innsbruck organisieren und benötigen dafür eine Unterkunft für 7 Personen für ein Wochenende im August (22.-24.08.) in der Nähe eines ruhigen Waldes oder kleinen Berges. Wir wollen in der kleinen Runde ein paar lustige Ritterspiele für den Jungesellen machen und hätten daher gerne unsere Ruhe. Das soll bis in den Nachmittag hinein gehen und anschließend wollen wir in die Innenstadt und eine Bar Hopping Tour machen. Also kein ganz klassischer JGA...
      Wäre also eine Unterkunft (am liebsten ein Appartment, oder ein Hotel mit Mehrbettzimmern) in Fußnähe eines Waldes und in Taxi nähe (10-15 min Autofahrt) von der Innenstadt.
      Hat jemand einen Tipp für mich?
      Danke euch,
      Jonas

more
    • Parking Motorhome at Salzburg Airport

Salzburg Jun 23, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Is there anywhere near to Salzburg airport where we could park our motorhome and leave it for 2 weeks in February while we fly back to the UK?

more
    • Visiting with group

Mondsee Jun 21, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Hi. I am a tour manager. Is there a recomended place of drop off - drop on for my coach? I will have a short visit in the town and want the shortest way to the atractions.
      Thank You,
      Michael Gai

more
    • Hallstatt to munich

Hallstatt Jun 19, 2014 at 6:51 PM

My plane from Munich is at 12:30 PM so i need to be in the airport at 10:30 AM
      But same day i will be in Hallstatt, what is the fastest way to get Munich from Hallstatt in time?

more
    • Innsbruck or Mayrhofen

Mayrhofen Jun 18, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Hi we are 2 families - 4 adults & 5 youth/kids - no ski abilities but wanting to enjoy white Xmas (esp. Aussie family!) & wanting to rent family self catering accommodation. We intend to do day trips via train to surrounding areas (rather than drive). Would still like great areas for kids & adults to enjoy as well as beautiful place to chill out! Which place would you recommend?
      Thanks
      Lidia

more
    • Student discounts?

Vienna Jul 2, 2014 at 9:17 AM

If I am a student from a foreign country, do I still get student discounts in Vienna, if I show my national student identification card? It isn't international, however it also has English writing on it. Thanks all.

more
    • JoanTowles's Profile Photo

Attending Mass

Salzburg Jun 28, 2014 at 9:40 PM

What time is Mass celebrated?

more
    • Salzburg-Gmunden-Budapest

Austria Jun 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Hi,

We are reaching Salzburg on 4th of July and leaving for Budapest on 7th of July. During the stay we also intend to visit Gmunden for a day (To see the Thomas Bernard residence/museum). We are on a rather tight budget so would prefer to travel by buses.
      1) Are there buses from Salzburg - Gmunden - Salzburg? How much does it cost?
      2)How much would it cost to hire a taxi to Gmunden and back from Salzburg?
      3) Is it better that we visit Gmunden on our way to Budapest?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Parking in Salzburg

Salzburg 22 hours ago

Where is the best place to park in Salzburg - we are staying in town for 4 days.
      Thank you

more
    • Accomodation in Salzburg

Salzburg Jul 11, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Hi! I'm going to Salzburg last week of july, and I need somewhere cheap to sleep. I have found a camping which is 8 km far from Salzburg, near Koppl, it's cheap and I like it. But I have a problem, because I have no car (not driving license), and I will move in public transport. Can anyone please tell me if there is a bus line between Koppl and Salzburg?

more
    • Salzburg-Gmunden-Budapest

Salzburg Jun 29, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to visit Salzburg from 4th to 7th of July and travel to Budapest from there. We would also like to travel to Gmunden to visit the Thomas Bernhard Haus.

I would like to know the following information about the the best way to travel to Gmunden and Budapest in the following two scenarios. We are on a budget and cannot afford a taxi.

1) We travel to Gmunden from Salzburg on Sunday morning and stay at Gmunden for a night and travel to Budapest from there on Monday morning. Are there buses? Is this too compliacted?

2) We make a day trip to Gmunden on Saturday and travel to Budapest on Monday from Salzburg.

Also, do you have any information if Thomas Bernhard Haus is open on Sunday?

Thank you so much.

more
    • Sound of Music Tour

Salzburg Jun 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM

If I have 4 hours from 8am to 12pm to visit the Sound of Music locations in Salzburg, can anyone advise me on the draft itinerary, where I can forward to my Van driver for them to check out the locations in advance.
      Thanks & Regards Alvin

more
    • 4 Hours stop at Hallstat

Hallstatt Jun 24, 2014 at 12:25 AM

My group of 13 pax are traveling from Zell Am See to Salzburg with a 4 hours stop/lunch at Hallstat and would want to make full use of our time at Hallstat.
      Do we have enough time to cover Rudolfsturm Scenic Lookout by Cable car too and how much is the cost per pax.
      I would be very grateful if someone can advise me.
      Thanks & Regards Alvin

more
    • how to get from vienna to innsbruck?

Innsbruck Jun 23, 2014 at 10:20 PM

HI . we come from Iran and we want to visit Austria in late july for two weeks .after 6 hours flight we will arrive to vienna airport then we plan to go to innsbruck at the same day and stay there for 12 nights and have day trips to different cities from there and then come back to vienna and stay there for 3 nights. do you think is it better to go to innsbruck first by train then rent a car or rent a car as we arrive at the vienna airport?

more
    • myriam_c's Profile Photo

Cycling in Vienna

Vienna Jul 10, 2014 at 2:11 AM

We will be in Vienna for four days mid August. On an Austrian website I found some themed cycling routes that sound interesting. Unfortunately none of them state the length of the routes and the degree of difficulty. I have raised the question through the contact form on the website, but no reply so far. Maybe some of the VT'ers know about these themed routes?
      Here's the website.
      wien.gv.at/verkehr/radfahren...

more